ADVERTISEMENT

Zion snags Wooden

Zion's 100% gone b/c of the money & social pressure of turning down the #1 pick.

But hey just to make it fun & play the other side - this dude is his own brand. CBB has never seen this. The last transcendent talent was AD and he was nowhere near the popularity and brand of Zion. He's the most popular basketball player on the most watched team and is a multi-millionaire even if he decided not to play basketball b/c of the sponsorships lined up and how he carries himself (I can't even remember this guy complaining about a foul call). So the other side of the fence really could argue that the 18 year old's pay check just waits another year and continue to build his brand. What's the salary for a #1 pick? $7 mil? This dude could make that starting his own YouTube channel from the ad revenue. The sponsorships will be the bank shot.

It's not the same situation for any other #1 pick. Ayton didn't have a brand, he HAD to go to risk losing. It is nowhere near the same situation for Z.

Still 100% gone but you know, wouldn't be the "worst" business decision. I imagine the ESPN coverage would die down a little once he gets into the league.

You never know what these players are going to do. If I remember correctly after Duke got knocked out of the tournament in 2011 Kyrie Irving said that he had unfinished business at Duke but then he left for the NBA anyway which was the right decision for him at the time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT