ADVERTISEMENT

Zion snags Wooden

BeerPoisoning

All American
Feb 17, 2019
Earth
Title speaks for himself. Also got the Karl Malone award for best PF. Barrett also received the Jerry West award for best SG. Congratulations to both of these guys. Zion was asked if he’d join Cam and RJ in declaring for the draft. He said, “ummmm who knows?”

Call me crazy but I feel like a part of him wants to come back and do it again. Do it right. On top of that, he’d shock the world. Talk about making some crazy noise........ Yeah, I still think he’s going to declare, no doubt. But I have a weird gut feeling that he actually may be considering.

Title speaks for himself. Also got the Karl Malone award for best PF. Barrett also received the Jerry West award for best SG. Congratulations to both of these guys. Zion was asked if he’d join Cam and RJ in declaring for the draft. He said, “ummmm who knows?”

Call me crazy but I feel like a part of him wants to come back and do it again. Do it right. On top of that, he’d shock the world. Talk about making some crazy noise........ Yeah, I still think he’s going to declare, no doubt. But I have a weird gut feeling that he actually may be considering.

I agree

Reactions: BeerPoisoning
I have been fighting with my wife over this. I gotta feelin..that tonight is gonna be a good night...no, but really I said he wasn’t coming back after the shoe incident this year and ate that crow, now I feel he is coming back!

Reactions: BeerPoisoning
Zion is a special type of kid, but never has the unanimous number 1 selection come back for another college season in this era. Looking at it from a business perspective, there’s literally nothing but downside to that decision. He’s already experienced an injury this season and all he has to do is look at Jontay Porter. He was a potential lottery pick last season, but two torn acl’s later, who knows what his future holds. Even looking past the business perspective, I don’t think he would come back without RJ. Everything I’ve heard about their relationship describes it as brothers more than friends these days so if one didn’t consider coming back, neither will the other.

Zion is a special type of kid, but never has the unanimous number 1 selection come back for another college season in this era. Looking at it from a business perspective, there’s literally nothing but downside to that decision. He’s already experienced an injury this season and all he has to do is look at Jontay Porter. He was a potential lottery pick last season, but two torn acl’s later, who knows what his future holds. Even looking past the business perspective, I don’t think he would come back without RJ. Everything I’ve heard about their relationship describes it as brothers more than friends these days so if one didn’t consider coming back, neither will the other.

He wants RJ to get taken Number 1 that’s how selfless he is

I agree......and he's gone, BUT I thought the same about Tre and Cam

I think he’s a player and a person who truly loves duke and playing here. Ultimately the money will talk but you can tell that he loves duke

The good news is, IF he decided to stay, just about the only reason that would make sense would be to get a degree... so 2 more years?

If that were the case he’d just transfer to UNC and be Dr. Zion, MD, JD, MBA, MSW, PsyD, PhD by Tuesday.
Don't forget about an MDiv since their sweet baby angel cherub heart of gold's would never do anything wrong like cheat.

Reactions: FearTheBeard
There's an old saying, I believe it goes something like "There's a first time for everything". So...maybe. Lol

Reactions: MyDudeG
Do you think there is any chance Robinson would give up scholarship to make room for Zion?

I have it sourced that Zion is coming back but only as a player coach if K steps down. Zion wants to make sure we play the bench more and intends to play 10 deep every game even at the expense of winning to satisfy this board. K is considering it.

Reactions: chov1125
I have it sourced that Zion is coming back but only as a player coach if K steps down. Zion wants to make sure we play the bench more and intends to play 10 deep every game even at the expense of winning to satisfy this board. K is considering it.

Do it!!!

I know he isnt coming back, but RJ doesnt havent anything to do whether he came back or not, it's not like they are playing together in the NBA

Last edited:
Reactions: pisgah101
On the plus side, he'd probably run some plays for himself. Everyone is talking about how great it is to imagine Zion actually surrounded by shooters - yeah, he'd likely never get the ball then except from chasing rebounds and playing passing lanes.

I know he isnt coming back, but RJ doesnt havent anything, it's not like they are playing together in the NBA
That’s not always the case. Look at the class of 2015 after they won the championship. Tyus specifically said Jah and Justise leaving played a role in his decision. He didn’t want to be left behind so to speak.

I got a ? Would anybody here turn down 100 million dollars for a year to come back to Duke? As much as I love Duke there’s no way in hell I could do that. If he does that the dude deserves a statue! Lol

I got a ? Would anybody here turn down 100 million dollars for a year to come back to Duke? As much as I love Duke there’s no way in hell I could do that. If he does that the dude deserves a statue! Lol

Shoot didn’t you hear Nike already paid them that LOL

Reactions: IPSYCHOSIS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT