ADVERTISEMENT

Zion (since returning from injury)

Anyone think it was strange in the last game how much trouble he had holding onto the ball? Seemed like a lot more then normal. Also a lot of people falling. Was the floor slick?

Anyone think it was strange in the last game how much trouble he had holding onto the ball? Seemed like a lot more then normal. Also a lot of people falling. Was the floor slick?
I think a lot of that had to do with Tacko’s presence out there.

I know there were some people who post on this board who were at the game, so they'd be able to comment, as well.

The person I know who was there for both Friday and Sunday said it was hot in the building and that perspiration from the players caused a little bit of havoc during all the sessions.

And to the point above, I'm guessing the size of Tacko also played a role.

Zion is on another level.

About the floor, I've played in many gyms (as a pickup player) and I've been in some where it was almost impossible not to slide every time you make a move. Some of them were so 'waxed' up, and some because of the heat and humidity. I used to play in a gym that was part of a school for kids with disabilities, and it had a 'rubber coating' on the floor. Oh man, you could make cuts, spins, anything with absolute precision and no slipping whatsoever. I thought it was perfect for playing basketball.

OFC

Zion is on another level.

About the floor, I've played in many gyms (as a pickup player) and I've been in some where it was almost impossible not to slide every time you make a move. Some of them were so 'waxed' up, and some because of the heat and humidity. I used to play in a gym that was part of a school for kids with disabilities, and it had a 'rubber coating' on the floor. Oh man, you could make cuts, spins, anything with absolute precision and no slipping whatsoever. I thought it was perfect for playing basketball.

OFC

When you played, did they have glass backboards yet?

Asking for a friend!!!

Backboards, we didn't need any stinkin' backboards! But it was a pain in the ass to use a broom to push that ball back up out of that basket. Man, when they cut a hole in it, that was so cool...and fastbreaks were easier too.

OFC

My post was WRONG!
And I just had a class at work about harassment too!....I guess it didn't take!!

My post was WRONG!
And I just had a class at work about harassment too!....I guess it didn't take!!

Haha, no soup for you! I love having fun, life is too short to be dour and sour all the time!

I remember as a kid (yeah, a loooooooooooong time ago) when we used to say 'sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me'. We've come a long way from that now, and people get offended by so little.

OFC

It was funny on Sunday, near the end of the first half my son commented that Zion was having an off game. Yes, we witnessed the slips and the multiple fumbles of the ball when he went to make his moves. And he missed some shots, GASP!!!

I pulled up the stats and we was something like 6 for 10 with 15 points.

Yeah........an off night :rolleyes:

We are blessed as Duke fans to have this young man for just a short time. These four years will go by so fast! :D

Alan

I almost feel sorry for our next class of kids. Following Zion will be about as bad as the guy who replaces K.

I’m not even factoring in if we win it all this season either.

Reactions: Quavarius
Chuck Taylor's had some good grip. I had the high tops because of my quick first step
Dang your family must have been rich or something. I was able to get a new pair of pic-n-pay Cuga's every 2 years. So if I chose to jump in creeks and mud with my Cugas then that what I wore to the games as well and I loved jumping creeks.

You can really see how fat Zion is in that picture.

The floor had droplets of water forming all over the place. I was in the first row balcony and you could see moisture forming in the glare on the floor.

Reactions: dbav
Haha, no soup for you! I love having fun, life is too short to be dour and sour all the time!

I remember as a kid (yeah, a loooooooooooong time ago) when we used to say 'sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me'. We've come a long way from that now, and people get offended by so little.

OFC
we must be close to the same age, I remember all that too. things were a lot less complicated then.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I don't think next season will be as boring as you think. No , there will NEVER be another Zion Williamson, but there will be a Vernon Carey, and I've been following him pretty close, he's getting REAL serious about how a big man takes it to the rack.

Reactions: dbav
I just saw on the Duke Men’s Basketball Facebook page that it looks like Zion has won another NPOY Award

we must be close to the same age, I remember all that too. things were a lot less complicated then.

Yeah, things have changed a lot, some for the better, and some for the worse.
I'm 66 working my way quickly to 67, if I make it.

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
Dude is insane. I’m gonna buy league pass next year to watch him play, and I’ve never done that for anyone

He does not look 280lbs out there

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT