ADVERTISEMENT

Zion ruined it for me....

Cassius put down a beautiful, smooth reverse and I was like “his legs looked tired there.” It’s going to take a year but man, I really want to get over the Zion hangover. I just can’t.
That Cassius dunk i think was the same one Zion tried at one point last year and missed.

What a great thread, 'cause I was telling my oldest daughter the other night that I've enjoyed watching Duke play this year (as always), but whenever they dunk...I haven't been excited...it's just such a letdown after last season with the incredible ability of Zion. And not just Zion...RJ was a monster dunker also.
Oh, and just for the record...I think someone 'tampered' with that vertical leap measurement jumping thingy.:D

OFC

What a great thread, 'cause I was telling my oldest daughter the other night that I've enjoyed watching Duke play this year (as always), but whenever they dunk...I haven't been excited...it's just such a letdown after last season with the incredible ability of Zion. And not just Zion...RJ was a monster dunker also.
Oh, and just for the record...I think someone 'tampered' with that vertical leap measurement jumping thingy.:D

OFC

OAD,

I thought the exact same thing when they mentioned that...no way he’s jumping higher.

In terms of the excitement of the dunks I absolutely agree, I guess we will just have to save our enthusiasm for when this alarmingly I athletic team makes a barrage of 3s.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil

OFC
OAD myself and @dukehokie watched the first UVA game together last year and I’m pretty sure his arm is still bruised with how many times i pinched it after the “throw down and one dunk” Zion had In the first half. I hadn’t been so jacked up for a regular season dunk since the Maggette dunk at home vs Florida in 98-99.

OAD,

I thought the exact same thing when they mentioned that...no way he’s jumping higher.

In terms of the excitement of the dunks I absolutely agree, I guess we will just have to save our enthusiasm for when this alarmingly I athletic team makes a barrage of 3s.

I know RanDevil, it's hard for me to believe it. Maybe it's just the pure power of Zion that makes it seem like he jumps highter....but I've seen his head even with the rim, and that block on the UVA guy when he was 20+ feet away...oh my! Either way, I bet when Zion heals up he'll be back to beat that vertical jump!

OAD myself and @dukehokie watched the first UVA game together last year and I’m pretty sure his arm is still bruised with how many times i pinched it after the “throw down and one dunk” Zion had In the first half. I hadn’t been so jacked up for a regular season dunk since the Maggette dunk at home vs Florida in 98-99.

Tell me about it, Timo! I was as excited as a little girl (yeah, I know, you'll not supposed to say that anymore, but I'm an old damn man and I don't care)!!! Zion is the most exciting player I've seen in my lifetime, and I've seen a few. He's also one hell of a player, not just an incredible physical species.

OFC

Zion to me was a fairytale from the 1st time we saw him play. I thought it was a dream everytime he dunked the ball or got a rebound from out of nowhere. How could any kid that big do the things we saw him do every game except two. He was and is the best freshman Duke ever had, Ruined things a bit for me also knowing there will never be another like Zion in my lifetime.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT