ADVERTISEMENT

Zion owned Bilas

Most of you know I'm Bilas supporter. I do see those who don't care for him point of view. However I thought that Zion's remark to Jay was hilarious. OFC

I guess I see this one differently than most. Don't think Jay Bilas was trying to put Zion on the spot (well, not in a serious way). The type of question you ask when there is a table full of ex-Duke players, and you probably expect him to pick his teammate, who is sitting beside him. Zion did cross him up a little though!

OFC

I actually like Bilas. To me, this seems like he asked the question jokingly because he knew Zion would say Barrett as He was sitting right next to him.

I know Bilas gets a lot of criticism for being hard on Duke, but he also gives Duke praise when it’s due. Kind of like Duke fans on a message board or comments section. Sometimes, the people who are hardest on the players and coaches at Duke are Duke’s own fans.

I actually like Bilas. To me, this seems like he asked the question jokingly because he knew Zion would say Barrett as He was sitting right next to him.

I know Bilas gets a lot of criticism for being hard on Duke, but he also gives Duke praise when it’s due. Kind of like Duke fans on a message board or comments section. Sometimes, the people who are hardest on the players and coaches at Duke are Duke’s own fans.

No doubt it was joke. I just don’t think Jay thought Zion would be that candid and was caught a little off-guard. Zion isn’t just a good basketball player. Plus, Jay has been having a ton of fun with it on social media. He bleeds everything-Duke.

No. What he does is try to be annoyingly unbiased all the damn time and makes himself look like an idiot with his bolonga takes/opinions or whatever during a game. Everything is highlighted that’s controversial or wrong that goes Dukes way. It’s crickets when something is blatantly wrong and doesn’t, or he attempts to try to make sense of something so blatantly wrong....Phony

If you don't like Bilas because he's annoying or comes off as a know it all or something of that nature then I think that's fair........ but let's be honest, the guy loves Duke. Yeah, he may go a little far in not trying to be biased, but I'm sure it's a strange and crooked line he has to toe when talking about Duke. I think he over compensates sometimes and says something he wouldn't normally say because he doesn't want to come off as biased, but I'm under no illusion that he doesn't love the school and coach he played for.

No. What he does is try to be annoyingly unbiased all the damn time and makes himself look like an idiot with his bolonga takes/opinions or whatever during a game. Everything is highlighted that’s controversial or wrong that goes Dukes way. It’s crickets when something is blatantly wrong and doesn’t, or he attempts to try to make sense of something so blatantly wrong....Phony

I disagree, I think he calls it like he sees it. It’s his job to be unbiased and I appreciate that. He never hesitates to praise Duke’s coaches and players when they deserve it. He’s super critical, but he’s critical of everyone he covers. It’s part of his personality and I can understand if that turns some off.

I disagree, I think he calls it like he sees it. It’s his job to be unbiased and I appreciate that. He never hesitates to praise Duke’s coaches and players when they deserve it. He’s super critical, but he’s critical of everyone he covers. It’s part of his personality and I can understand if that turns some off.
I think he’s phony. Turn up y’alls tv. I’m muting mine.

I guess they think because they’re commentators that they can’t cheer for their schools. So they go the extra mile to criticize Duke. I don’t think I’ve seen Desmond Howard pick against Michigan since Brady Hoke left. We will be lucky to see either of them pick Duke against a good opponent

Reactions: christophero

I agree that he's super-critical and it's one of the things about him that turns me off. But as you said, he's an equal opportunity ripper. Maybe worse for me is his anti-NCAA schtick....all the time. I just think it can be kept out of broadcasts.

His personality irritates me, everything about him and the way he presents himself just irks my nerves. I think he was joking around by asking Zion that but he made it seem as if the question was sincere. That’s just his demeanor.

Reactions: christophero
Way back very very early in his commentating career he came to Lexington, Va. to cover a UNC vs VMI game. I forget the sports network (maybe HTS). I got to have dinner with him and several other and......Bilas was awesome. He was nice, funny, and extremely candid. He told some really cool stories about 'K'. I say he's a good dude in my book.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT