ADVERTISEMENT

Zion blog entry

Love Zion and his personality! Can’t wait to see him in Duke Blue next year! He’s gonna be so much fun to watch next year!

Reactions: Quavarius
On the Devil's Den Podcast yesterday, they talk about what if Gary Trent JR returns? He currently isn't on some mock drafts.
Tre, Gary, RJ, Cam, Marques.

Zion is the 2019 version of Corey Maggette. Bigger, meaner, and dunking harder than Maggette. Just abusing people off the bench like Maggette did in 1999.
20 years later..ZION.

No way does Gary return. I’d love it, but I just can’t see it happening.

Can't imagine him getting stronger, he's already cut up. Now if he gets fit... Yikes

Being from the Spartanburg area and working here makes me so damn proud he picked Duke. I drive by Spartanburg Day School every day to and from work and I swell up with pride everytime I drive by. I know a lot of Cock and Tiger fans that were crushed when he picked us but by talking with them I can tell they take pride in him picking a school like Duke, hell some even say as much. I have a lot of IPTAY people and some Gamecock Club members in my circle and they have been cool....for the most part :)

Reactions: dukesince91
On the Devil's Den Podcast yesterday, they talk about what if Gary Trent JR returns? He currently isn't on some mock drafts.
Tre, Gary, RJ, Cam, Marques.

Zion is the 2019 version of Corey Maggette. Bigger, meaner, and dunking harder than Maggette. Just abusing people off the bench like Maggette did in 1999.
20 years later..ZION.

That probably wouldn't be fair.

Edit - Trent is showing up on some mocks. NBADraft.net has him going 15th:
http://www.nbadraft.net/2018mock_draft

I don't know enough about it to know which mocks tend to be the most reliable.

To me Zion is one of those players that is called "the athletic kid" and his skilled get overlooked. There is doubting how much he's a freak athlete for someone his size but he does has skills. Now, those skills need to keep getting better and his skill set needs to expand. He's a talent; it will just be how the staff uses him and how he develops.

There's no way he is coming off the bench. After Bagley leaves for the league, Zion is the player who will fit the role that Bagley plays in. Don't get me wrong, he's no Bagley and its to be seen how effective he is again guys much taller than him.

In the class, Zion is the most intriguing as to how K will use him. Tre will be plugged in as PG, RJ and Cam on the wings where each will have their roles, but with Zion its relatively unknown.

He's more of a traditional 4, no? I know he's a little short for D1 4, but it appears he makes up for it in strength and athleticism.

The key question to be answered and seen is how good he is against much taller guys

He does not discriminate, he Tomahawk dunks on anything from 4'2" to 7'1".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT