ADVERTISEMENT

"Why Duke, Kansas, and Tennessee Aren't in My Top 25"

We have an entire conference slate full of road games. Why use the non-conference to schedule in what we already are guaranteed to have in conference? Doesn't pass the common sense test to me.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Earlier today I decided to go over to THR and they are all praising Couch for the criteria that he uses for casting his votes in the AP poll

Pay this jackwagon no attention. This is nothing more than clickbait, a headline grab, to extract as much attention as possible. This ahole should have his voting privileges revoked. But the worst thing we can do it give it attention, that’s all he’s seeking.

Nice criteria he has. Not only does it make no logical sense but he’s not even consistent. Multiple teams that he does have ranked haven’t played a true road game. Again this happens far too much in the media today. Shame there is no integrity to the trade anymore.

Just off the cuff St Johns and Az St have not played any true road games but are in his top-25.

Sorry St Johns did play @ Rutgers. I still believe Az St has not played any true road games.

Last edited:
Just off the cuff St Johns and Az St have not played any true road games but are in his top-25.

Sorry St Johns did play @ Rutgers. I still believe Az St has not played any true road games.

You know my mom had Alzheimer's before she passed -- awful disease. Here is what it taught me:
Trying to argue with a crazy person makes you crazy too. Just sayin'

Reactions: skysdad
And to your point there were actually morons over there that claimed their victory over Wofford was a bigger deal. You can’t make that stuff up.

Their infatuation with this OOC Road game is beyond comical at this point. Why does it matter to you so much? Why are you so obsessed with it? Do you honestly (DSouth) believe that Duke loses in the tournament prior to the final four bc we didn’t schedule a game at UNC Greensboro?

Do ACC Road games not count or something? Do they not prepare you?

Did the game in Indy where UK had 90% of the crowd on their side not provide a learning experience?

When we play on the road in the ACC/BIG10 challenge why doesn’t that count? Bc we didn’t call up the other team and say “hey we really need to get this November OOC Road game schedule so that internet keyboard warriors don’t berate us”?

Why does it matter so much to them? If DSouth and company claim it helps so much when you reach the tourney wouldn’t you, i don’t know, not want us to play one?

It’s the petttttiest argument I’ve heard and it just makes me laugh.

top notch response!!!...like you said, if they think it prepares us better and we "flame out" so early so often:rolleyes:, it seems that they would relish the idea that we dont, since it correlates so much to NCAA success

Reactions: hart2chesson
I wonder where Couch will rank us once we play our first true road game on January 8th since we know that he’s not going to include us on his ballots until then.
Not many noticed when he pulled the same stunt last year--Texas Tech was the highest profile "victim." After we won our first road game (at kansas on Jan. 2) he ranked us #5.

Reactions: timo0402
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT