ADVERTISEMENT

"Why Duke, Kansas, and Tennessee Aren't in My Top 25"

hallside

All Conference
Sep 18, 2005
This guy is a real piece of work. Basically an MSU homer journalist that has a ballot in the AP Rankings. Pretty surprised a guy like this even has the credentials after reading that garbage. He stated he's created a rule for himself, in which teams that have not played a true road game will not appear on his ballot. Wow. Who does he have on there the first couple weeks? Stetson? UAlbany? FGCU?

It's crazy how much people hate Duke, including the media. They try to hide it but it's obvious. This guys has turned it into his job. He and Seth Greenberg would be best pals.

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com...-duke-kansas-tennessee-didnt-make/2264942002/

Reactions: hart2chesson
Scratching my head a little on this one. Don't think anyone pays much attention to him even though he's getting some attention here including me. His must go to thr and reads guru gary 7's post. They seem to be on the same level. OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
Just stupid. There are people in physics who do "creative" things like this - they're called "hacks."
It would be pretty easy to create a metric that measures your ballot against the consensus. If your ballot is too different, it doesn't count. That's pretty standard stuff.
Wins against the top 25 are pretty nice on a resume. Should all teams without one be disqualified? How about road wins against the top 25?
He's an idiot who is just trying to get people to look at him. He knows damn well that eventually everyone will play a true road game, so his disqualification is ultimately meaningless.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Fortunately we own MSU in just about everything college basketball wise. Who cares what they think. I'm sure were gonna beat them out for Isaiah Stewart also.

I love how critics scream about how some teams won't play true road games. No one in the nation wants Duke or KU to visit this year. No one. Not the Zags, not nobody. And that is something that is an annual possibility. Teams are keen for Duke to come to their house, theoretically. But few are willing to do home and away. No one wants to go to CIS, or Phog Allen. They might get obliterated on national TV.
Teams complain about Duke not playing any road games in years where we are a little weaker. Ask MSU's coach if he wants to see RJ and Zion on MSU's home court this year.

I wonder if he will rank us after we win the title, along with smashing MSU on the way?

Last I checked...the NCAA tourney is played at neutral sites. I'd much rather play as many games as possible at NBA arena's...Indy, MSG, United Center, etc.
There's a reason K schedules the way he does.
The road environments that Duke has to play in are tougher environments than any other team in the country, that writer is an absolute idiot.

Last I checked...the NCAA tourney is played at neutral sites. I'd much rather play as many games as possible at NBA arena's...Indy, MSG, United Center, etc.
The road environments that Duke has to play in are tougher environments than any other team in the country, that writer is an absolute idiot.
Dead on jwill. OFC

Exactly right. We don't play tourney games at opponent's gyms. Big time neutral site games are better prep for the tourney than non-conf road games. They're also a better recruiting tool and showcase of the program.

Reactions: jwill133
A clickbait seeking incompetent hack. But worse than that, he is a clickbait incompetent hack that's not performing his duties properly as it comes to casting ballots for the top 25 teams.

The job description is picking the 25 best teams in college ball. That qualifier doesn't give a damn whether you don't like the team colors, hate the coach, lust over their cheerleaders, or even if they're a bunch of cheating mofos like UNC. The Top 25 teams, that's it. Anything less, and you're not doing the job correctly. And he's not.

OFC

What’s so crazy is his MSU team plays lots of true road games and have only won one—1—title since 2000. Duke has 3. Yes, triple the amount his favorite team has that love playing true road games.

I guess those true road games didn’t prepare MSU as much for the NCAA Championship, huh?

Last edited:

Yeah, FTB, and looks like he has a fetish for USF Dons. I mean he talks about playing true road games, and the only team of note they've played is Buffalo...in Northern Ireland. That might be a long 'road' to get there, but that's just a neutral site...and they lost.

Kenpom has them at the 52nd position, while he's got them in the 21st slot. And take a look at their strength of schedule, #259 on Kenpom.
Maybe he knows something we don't, but I'm not making any wagers on it.

OFC

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!

Let’s not go around throwing the term ‘journalism’ that loosely.
Haha touché. Let me rephrase, a 25 year old nerd sitting behind his computer, punching keys on his board, giggling to himself like a school girl about how his thought process is on a higher level than most.

Reactions: FearTheBeard
This guy is a real piece of work. Basically an MSU homer journalist that has a ballot in the AP Rankings. Pretty surprised a guy like this even has the credentials after reading that garbage. He stated he's created a rule for himself, in which teams that have not played a true road game will not appear on his ballot. Wow. Who does he have on there the first couple weeks? Stetson? UAlbany? FGCU?

It's crazy how much people hate Duke, including the media. They try to hide it but it's obvious. This guys has turned it into his job. He and Seth Greenberg would be best pals.

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com...-duke-kansas-tennessee-didnt-make/2264942002/

He’s okay with ranking a team that had a doctor who raped half of the campus, but against ranking teams who beat MSU straight up like Kansas.

Reactions: 2 skerz 3
Gary Parrish pretty much said what everyone else already knows. There's really no rational basis whatsoever to this Couch guys claims. He's an idiot. The fact he has UNC fans in full agreement with him should tell you everything you need to know.
Well to be fair, the tarholes DID play at that powerhouse Wofford.

if @ wofford and @ elon is logical reasoning because ya know they count @ michigan because thats the ACC/B1G:rolleyes:, id take a top team @ a neutral site all day, everyday...

As K ages and his accolades grow, it's getting harder and harder for people to legitimately attack him. This is one of those instances. I mean, seriously, the all-time winningest coach in college basketball history is afraid to play an OOC game on the road? Think about how ridiculous that sounds.

If fans want to give internet BJ's to Roy for traveling to Elon and Wofford that is fine. But no one....not one single person, can rightfully say that's tougher than playing Kentucky, Gonzaga, Auburn and Texas Tech on neutral courts in the span of 45 days. It's just not. As for preparing a team, those four games prepare you more than going to Elon and Wofford.

As K ages and his accolades grow, it's getting harder and harder for people to legitimately attack him. This is one of those instances. I mean, seriously, the all-time winningest coach in college basketball history is afraid to play an OOC game on the road? Think about how ridiculous that sounds.

If fans want to give internet BJ's to Roy for traveling to Elon and Wofford that is fine. But no one....not one single person, can rightfully say that's tougher than playing Kentucky, Gonzaga, Auburn and Texas Tech on neutral courts in the span of 45 days. It's just not. As for preparing a team, those four games prepare you more than going to Elon and Wofford.
And to your point there were actually morons over there that claimed their victory over Wofford was a bigger deal. You can’t make that stuff up.

Their infatuation with this OOC Road game is beyond comical at this point. Why does it matter to you so much? Why are you so obsessed with it? Do you honestly (DSouth) believe that Duke loses in the tournament prior to the final four bc we didn’t schedule a game at UNC Greensboro?

Do ACC Road games not count or something? Do they not prepare you?

Did the game in Indy where UK had 90% of the crowd on their side not provide a learning experience?

When we play on the road in the ACC/BIG10 challenge why doesn’t that count? Bc we didn’t call up the other team and say “hey we really need to get this November OOC Road game schedule so that internet keyboard warriors don’t berate us”?

Why does it matter so much to them? If DSouth and company claim it helps so much when you reach the tourney wouldn’t you, i don’t know, not want us to play one?

It’s the petttttiest argument I’ve heard and it just makes me laugh.

The guy is pandering an audience. It is just a head scratcher unless you consider that he is now getting national coverage. I guess some people will indeed want to apprear to be d!psh!ts to get seen.

And to your point there were actually morons over there that claimed their victory over Wofford was a bigger deal. You can’t make that stuff up.

Their infatuation with this OOC Road game is beyond comical at this point. Why does it matter to you so much? Why are you so obsessed with it? Do you honestly (DSouth) believe that Duke loses in the tournament prior to the final four bc we didn’t schedule a game at UNC Greensboro?

Do ACC Road games not count or something? Do they not prepare you?

Did the game in Indy where UK had 90% of the crowd on their side not provide a learning experience?

When we play on the road in the ACC/BIG10 challenge why doesn’t that count? Bc we didn’t call up the other team and say “hey we really need to get this November OOC Road game schedule so that internet keyboard warriors don’t berate us”?

Why does it matter so much to them? If DSouth and company claim it helps so much when you reach the tourney wouldn’t you, i don’t know, not want us to play one?

It’s the petttttiest argument I’ve heard and it just makes me laugh.

Just wondering what the predominate colors of the fans were at the Wofford game -- Gold and Black or Baby Blue and White? Nothing strikes fear in a visiting team then when their fan base overwhelms a small venue....wine and cheese or whine and jeez?!

Reactions: Quavarius
The guy is pandering an audience. It is just a head scratcher unless you consider that he is now getting national coverage. I guess some people will indeed want to apprear to be d!psh!ts to get seen.
@dukehokie he might be onto something. Scrap this weeks topics and let’s just have five hot takes this week to create some buzz.

Reactions: dukehokie
if @ wofford and @ elon is logical reasoning because ya know they count @ michigan because thats the ACC/B1G:rolleyes:, id take a top team @ a neutral site all day, everyday...

Yeah but they played Wofford and Elon in hostile enviroments. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT