ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Pet Peeves

I sound very illiterate when I text on my phone. I have big fingers.

You type? I dictate EVERYTHING, to the point where my co workers make fun of me, and when I leave a voicemail on someones phone, I often say things like "Hey Sean comma do me a favor comma, give me a call question mark"

😳

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: christophero
I had a horrible boss. She liked giving me impossible tasks. The few times I tried to negotiate, she said "It is What it Is". I responded " It isn't". Anyway, I hate " it is what it is".

People who randomly slow their vehicle to a stop because they are distracted by their phone.

Reactions: Liftee
I love when I'm at a retail store and I ask an employee where a specific item is. Often you'll hear them say something along the lines of, "Sorry, I don't know where that is." The way they say that makes it sounds like they believe their answer was sufficient, since they were polite and answered truthfully. But, come on! You don't just give up on your customer. At least say something like, "I don't know where that is, but let me see if I can find out." Don't be useless.

I love when I'm at a retail store and I ask an employee where a specific item is. Often you'll hear them say something along the lines of, "Sorry, I don't know where that is." The way they say that makes it sounds like they believe their answer was sufficient, since they were polite and answered truthfully. But, come on! You don't just give up on your customer. At least say something like, "I don't know where that is, but let me see if I can find out." Don't be useless.

I had a job for a little while at a local Barnes and Noble. Originally I was supposed to work the registers, but they moved me to Customer Service on day two. I LOVED it, because someone would come up with a question, and I'd spend as long as I wanted helping them find books and other books like it and all of it. No matter what, we would find what they wanted.

BTW, this reminds me of another pet peeve; when someone is lazy and doesn't do their job well. I don't care what your job is; do a good job at it. I worked in a deli in high school, and I *STILL* remember the perfect piece of swiss cheese that I cut... strong enough to hold a can of soda, thin enough that you could read newspaper through it. I literally showed it to all of my coworkers. And man, every damn sandwich was a piece of art. I can't stand when people half-ass a job. It leaves you doing a crappy job, and since you aren't taking pride in it then YOU are getting bored DOING it.

Last edited:
Excellent post. My pet peeve is adding an 'S' to Barnes and Noble

I always knew that if I wanted to piss off my roommate, I could just say something about my ATM PIN number.

I would then sit back and listen to a five minute rant about my "personal identification number number."

Ahhh, good times:)

Reactions: geddoughton23
No one behind you and someone pulls out in front of you just to turn left a block down the road.

Oh yeah, this one drives me crazy. Can't they look down the road and realize they can wait one more car? Happens all the time.

Reactions: GhostOf301
People who park in handicap spaces without a placard or a handicap license plate. Doesn't do any good to report them because merchants just don't want to deal with it and law enforcement has more important things to take care of. If they can't find a handicap spot they just park in the fire lane and stay there until they get their shopping done. OFC

Last edited:
The problem with leaving your cart out is they roll and hit other cars. I've had that happen to me. Another one i have is people who run read lights. I was T-boned and could have been killed about 5 years back. This one light by me, the speed limit is 50. I always pause a beat when I get the green signal, as some idiot will always go speeding through the red light.

Last edited:
This is not a pet peeve but it's been eating away for me for a few months now. The cheaters had a sucky season last year and I wish it would have been worse. They were not getting to go to the dance but what eats away at me is because of the pandemic no one else did either. One of the worst years they ever had and every team in the country had to stay home. To be honest this is a pet peeve of mine because the cheating heels are a pet peeve of mine. OFC

People who easily become "prisoners' of the moment" in regards to music, books, sports, films, etc. Every year some player, team, song, film, or book is championed as the best "in years" or "of all time". Now, that doesn't mean at times this isn't true. But damn, how long before the people championing LeBron as the GOAT will be defending him against the next great generational talent? Why can't we just appreciate the great ones as they are in their period of time? Is this just me?

I'm not angered too much by the bunkers. I don't like it, but no permanent damage. The ball marks and divots are really rude

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT