ADVERTISEMENT

New practice vid…..

I thought Mitchell, Whitehead, and Lively impressed. Lively's length is impressive he dunks so easily. Flip is quicker than I thought, but Mitchell seems better at the moment. Small sample size. Mitchell is not as skinny as I thought he's a strong wirey kid. He looks like a top 10 player to me. He seems to have a relentless motor and plays fearless. He already looks like a first round pick. Blakes looked good. Young and Roach solid again. Whitehead is a strong driver but he needs to watch the charges. Assuming Grandison can get healthy right now my 5 would be Roach, Whitehead, Grandison, Mitchell and Lively. After watching that I don't know how the hell you keep Mitchell out of the starting lineup. Maybe he excels in a fast paced game more than a halfcourt game it's hard to say.

Last edited:
I thought Mitchell, Whitehead, and Lively impressed. Lively's length is impressive he dunks so easily. Flip is quicker than I thought, but Mitchell seems better at the moment. Small sample size. Mitchell is not as skinny as I thought he's a strong wirey kid. He looks like a top 10 player to me. He seems to have a relentless motor and plays fearless. He already looks like a first round pick. Blakes looked good. Young and Roach solid again. Whitehead is a strong driver but he needs to watch the charges. Assuming Grandison can get healthy right now my 5 would be Roach, Whitehead, Grandison, Mitchell and Lively. After watching that I don't know how the hell you keep Mitchell out of the starting lineup. Maybe he excels in a fast paced game more than a halfcourt game it's hard to say.
Strong analysis and I concur.

it’s a small sample as you said, but I’m hoping Blakes keeps playing like that. He looked confident!

This team is pretty diverse and deep. They don’t have a real banger in the paint but they’re long. If they can get a nice 4/5 rotation with Young/Mitchell/Flip/Lively, they’ll be in great shape. And I can see Roach and Blakes being on the floor together, with Whitehead at the 3. That’s a fast guard lineup with 3 handlers.

I like Catchings but with how good Mitchell looks he probably won't see much action. But Young will. Blakes looks ready to be a solid back up. But if Proctor is better and can play PG that might squeeze Blakes out. We seem like a deep team.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Mitchell is gonna be hard to keep off the floor if he plays like that. He looks like a beast. I really like what I see out of Schutt too. Handles better than I thought and made a couple nice passes there. Obviously that shot is gorgeous as well. Flip and lively don’t seem as assertive but it will come. Flip has a nice frame on him for sure. Whitehead is a freak just needs to let the game come to him. Love his midrange game though

I know that they won't, but this team should play zone. Filipowski is a statue on defense. Lively is incredibly long, but he doesn't look particularly aggressive on defense.

Reactions: sheyduke
We have the ability to have a lot of athletes on the floor. Depending on the five on the floor, imo, will dictate what Jon decides to do.
It would be a fun team to coach. Plenty of offensive potential. I am skeptical of the defensive potential

I think the defense will come . The thing that bothered me most is no one could keep Roach infront of them . Which is good for Duke on offense but not defense wise. Wouldn’t worry about the front court defensively pretty sure Jon will address that but I liked the hustle .

Mr. Hubbard, the walkon PG ,is a good player and athletic. Looks like he would excel at sports that didn't give a huge advantage to size

The intensity for a scrimmage was good and Ryan Young is working as hard as anyone. In the two videos, he is the best big man. I'm not saying that he will be the best Big over the entire season, but he will definitely contribute

Ryan Young is the exact opposite of Lively, a below the rim bruiser. Lively is gonna come out, and Young is going to punish them. I can't stop thinking about how good Mitchell looked. He was like Ron Artest out there. Schutt seems like a smart player and a good passer. And he can shoot. Be patient, young man, and you'll be a star at Duke.

Last edited:
Mitchell is really quick and fast with good strength. Way ahead of the other freshmen. I was surprised by the glowing reviews of Blakes. His ballhandling looks too shaky to play PG at Duke. If Proctor is a top 40 freshman, I don't think that Blakes will play this season

Excited for this year, excited to have a new coach (never thought I would say that). Really happy that Roach is there. Going to be some growing pains for sure, but should be fun. From the video, Mitchell looks like he goes 110%, I love guys like that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT