ADVERTISEMENT

NBA playoffs

Even if G.S. wins tonight Durant is done for this year. Looney is out also. OFC
Yep if there was any chance that KD could’ve played in game 6 or game 7 IF It goes that far then that just went away with him going down and ending up in a walking boot and on crutches. In the time that it took me to type this post, GSW went from being up by 2 to being down by 5.

Yep if there was any chance that KD could’ve played in game 6 or game 7 IF It goes that far then that just went away with him going down and ending up in a walking boot and on crutches. In the time that it took me to type this post, GSW went from being up by 2 to being down by 5.

Leonard going off. He scored like 10 points in 3 minutes. OFC

Leonard is playing like is legitimately the best player in the league. Lowry is playing like Tony from Blue Chips.

Cannot understand why Toronto coach called 2 TOs when Leonard could not be stopped.Gave Warriors time to rest and change defense. Leonard had the ball at the end but no one screened for him. Total choke job by Raptors.

Reactions: Alaskan_Assassin_21
20-8 3 pointers in favor of GS,that was the difference,poor coaching by Nurse,calling that time out when Raptors had all the momentum was a poor decision,oh well on to game 6

Look,I'm not happy with the way some fans reacted to Durant being hurt,no need for that in any situation,but I'm sure all fan bases have some a-hole's who do this type of thing,no need for it,and no excuse,but unfortunately it happens

Reactions: hart2chesson
Even with the small amount of play that KD had in this game, shows that if he was healthy this series would be over by now. Raptors are fortunate that the Warriors have injury issues.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I think Raptors got the bad performance out of their system and should close it out in Game 6. They have only themselves to blame for this series still dragging on.

Lots of 20/20 hindsight here. It’s very powerful ain’t it?

Reactions: dukiejay
Look,I'm not happy with the way some fans reacted to Durant being hurt,no need for that in any situation,but I'm sure all fan bases have some a-hole's who do this type of thing,no need for it,and no excuse,but unfortunately it happens

I live right smack dab in the middle of one of those!!

Reactions: dukiejay
Classless garbage Toronto fans cheering an injury to Durant....I didn't care who won this series before but i do now...go warriors...shut those garbage fans and drake up once and for all

Meh. I’m no Toronto fan, but you’re kind of throwing a fan base under the bus here. Yes....some definite idiots. But, I saw a lot of fans, from the looks of it, being very genuine when Durant left the court. I think sometimes fans just get caught up in the moment....it was unfortunate, but jumping to conclusions and passing off all, even the slight majority, as ‘garbage’ is incredibly premature. No...forget that, it’s just wrong.

Even with the small amount of play that KD had in this game, shows that if he was healthy this series would be over by now. Raptors are fortunate that the Warriors have injury issues.

Injuries are part of the game. The Warriors have got just about every break for the better part of six years. No one feels sorry for them.

Reactions: bfort2223
Injuries are part of the game. The Warriors have got just about every break for the better part of six years. No one feels sorry for them.

When it comes to injuries, I don’t think Duke fans have to feel sorry for anyone!! But we can absolutely empathize!!! We have had an unreal string for several years now!! Just the last season alone was unbelievable. We had what, 4? 5?

Reactions: Canadian Dukie
When it comes to injuries, I don’t think Duke fans have to feel sorry for anyone!! But we can absolutely empathize!!! We have had an unreal string for several years now!! Just the last season alone was unbelievable. We had what, 4? 5?

Even better point.

Meh. I’m no Toronto fan, but you’re kind of throwing a fan base under the bus here. Yes....some definite idiots. But, I saw a lot of fans, from the looks of it, being very genuine when Durant left the court. I think sometimes fans just get caught up in the moment....it was unfortunate, but jumping to conclusions and passing off all, even the slight majority, as ‘garbage’ is incredibly premature. No...forget that, it’s just wrong.

Didn't say all but that's fine...we disagree...if even one of them cheered them they are pure garbage in my book...spin it anyway you wish

The whole fan base isn’t being obnoxious you’re right. There is a small contingent though that’s starting to look and act like Terp fans. Again, not a huge group, but enough (and Drake) to where it’s starting to ruin the feel good story that this team was generating.

Reactions: VaBlueDevil33
It felt like 816. I can still remember the feeling I had in my gut after the shoe explosion. That one felt like 500 injuries hit all at once.

Reactions: DukefanKY
Klay Thompson just injures his knee when he got fouled and was on the way to the locker room but then someone informed him that if he left the game without shooting the free throws he wouldn’t be able to return to the game so he turned around and walked back out to the court to shoot his free throws then they called a time out and he ran/jogged back to the locker room. Hopefully that means that it’s not too serious of an injury. They just said Thompson is done for the rest of this game. I’ve got s feeling that they did it as a cautionary measure to not see the same thing happen to him that happened to Durant. Hopefully he’s available to play in game 7 because they’re going to need him.

Last edited:
WOW Golden State is going to lose on a technical after calling a timeout when they didn’t have one.

Very enjoyable Finals after GS/CLE trilogy

Overall the Warriors and especially Thompson - impressed me. As a Duke fan, their offense is reminiscent of us.

Bottomline the Raptors had the best player on the court.

The Golden State timeout isn't very comparable to Webber's timeout, IMO.

1. Michigan had possession of the ball with 11 seconds before Webber called a timeout. Still plenty of time to get out of the jam, set a screen, and get a high-percentage look at the basket.
2. Golden State actually improved their odds by calling a timeout, which resulted in technical. The clock stopped. Draymond Green was on his back with 1 second left when he gained possession of the ball. No way does he even get that shot off. Kawhi happened to make all 3 free throws. Had he missed one, they would have had at least a prayer to tie the game.
3. I don't believe they had any glimmer of hope of getting a shot off had the timeout not being called (and subsequent technical). Either one of two things could have happened. Draymond shoots the ball on his back and comes 20 feet shy of the goal. Or he passes it, and time expires before the his teammate even receives the ball.
4. I thought there was a backcourtcourt violation, personally. Looked like Green originally had the ball past halfcourt, and then his momentum carried him and his body into the backcourt.

Best game of the series.Congratulations Raptors,now,can we convince Kawhi to to come back to try for a repeat?Even a one year contract would be nice..

Last edited:
Not sure what he does, i wouldn’t be surprised to see him sign a one and one with Toronto. Either way, prior to winning the championship the move was worth it just to get to the finals. Now clearly anything else is gravy, the move was correct, congrats to the Raptors front office.

I will eat crow! I thought that was the stupidest trade ever at the time. Your first round pick and deMar for a 99% 1 year hurt? disgruntled rental at the time with the Warriors already pretty much penciled in as the champs. Hey it worked though with some unfortunate Warrior luck lol

It is crazy to think that even after Durant and Thompson went out, GSW had a lineup on the floor with three guys who played in the 2018 All-Star game, and a fourth with All-Star experience and who was Finals MVP just a few years ago.

Will Kawhi really leave Toronto to go to the Clippers? Seems crazy to think. Considering the Raptors could bring back the same team.

It's been known he wants to live in LA, but this would still be unprecendented, a Finals MVP has never left in Free Agency to sign with another team, seriously, never. I think what it may come down to is what can the Clippers do with their roster. They got some nice young pieces, mainly Gilgeous-Alexander, can they turn him and other pieces into a star, then chase Kawhi and even then try to chase a 3rd guy?

Last night was one of the better NBA games I've watched in a long time.....and I watch a lot of NBA.

Congrats to Toronto. The gamble of taking on Kawhi paid off. As someone else said, it's gravy going forward. I wouldn't rule out Kawhi signing a one-year deal to stay in Toronto. Lowry, as good as he is, will be 34 next season. He maybe has one or two 'elite' years left in his tank.

Lastly, I really feel bad for Durant and Thompson. What are the odds of both of them suffering major injuries in a span of three days? Good luck to both of them over the course of the next six- to 12-months.

Will Kawhi really leave Toronto to go to the Clippers? Seems crazy to think. Considering the Raptors could bring back the same team.

It's been known he wants to live in LA, but this would still be unprecendented, a Finals MVP has never left in Free Agency to sign with another team, seriously, never. I think what it may come down to is what can the Clippers do with their roster. They got some nice young pieces, mainly Gilgeous-Alexander, can they turn him and other pieces into a star, then chase Kawhi and even then try to chase a 3rd guy?
Why would the Clippers need to do that? Toronto just won it all with 1. I think it’s more about “maintaining” their roster than getting stars. West is wide open too.

I swear I just saw a stat on espn that the Lakers open up as the favorite for next year at 4:1.

Reactions: jwill133
I swear I just saw a stat on espn that the Lakers open up as the favorite for next year at 4:1.
Correct. Take GS out next year because KD won't be playing and Klay is out till like April, they are gonna be fighting to make the playoffs. Lakers are apparently within 48 hours of completing the trade for AD.

Lebron, AD, and they still have the cap room for a third star. I think everyone would want to see them play first obviously, but on paper I don't see a stronger roster than that.
Other favorites would be the Bucks, Sixers, Nuggets, Blazers.
Bucks don't have the cap room to bring everyone back, they are probably losing Lopez and maybe Middleton.
Sixers losing either Butler or Tobias and definitely Redick.
I like both the Nuggets and Blazers, but think they both overachieved this season, and would be stunned to see either playing in the finals.

If Kawhi resigns with Toronto, than I think they should be the favorites.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT