ADVERTISEMENT

Lacrosse 2023

Huge win at Virginia on Friday night, and now we're #1 in the polls. Hopefully we can keep things rolling at #2 Notre Dame on Saturday.

This team has a really great blend of talent at every level, which is something we have been lacking the past few years. Really love how the defense is playing this season.

Huge win at Virginia on Friday night, and now we're #1 in the polls. Hopefully we can keep things rolling at #2 Notre Dame on Saturday.

This team has a really great blend of talent at every level, which is something we have been lacking the past few years. Really love how the defense is playing this season.
Finally! A LAX post. Whassup Gas?
OFC

Reactions: Mark Gastineau
Finally! A LAX post. Whassup Gas?
OFC
Ha, I've been around, just not posting the past few years. Hope all is well with you!

This lacrosse team is salvaging my sports viewing this spring. Was in a dark place after we lost to Tennessee a couple of weeks ago.

Ha, I've been around, just not posting the past few years. Hope all is well with you!

This lacrosse team is salvaging my sports viewing this spring. Was in a dark place after we lost to Tennessee a couple of weeks ago.
I didn’t know you were still here… lol crazy come onto the baseball board were #10!

Survived a scary one today in the 1st round of the tournament...

Owen Grant and the Blue Hens' goalie were outstanding in limiting O'Neill to just one goal and three assists...

Thankfully, our "D" stepped up in a big way in the second half and allowed us to erase an 8-5 deficit and ultimately emerge as 12-11 victors!!!

McAdorey and Williams each netted respective hat tricks to propel the offense!!

After a shaky start in cage, Helm settled in and saved 11 of 22 to conclude with a solid 50% percentage!

Survived a scary one today in the 1st round of the tournament...

Owen Grant and the Blue Hens' goalie were outstanding in limiting O'Neill to just one goal and three assists...

Thankfully, our "D" stepped up in a big way in the second half and allowed us to erase an 8-5 deficit and ultimately emerge as 12-11 victors!!!

McAdorey and Williams each netted respective hat tricks to propel the offense!!

After a shaky start in cage, Helm settled in and saved 11 of 22 to conclude with a solid 50% percentage!
Saw most all 2nd half. Stood up, more than sat down. Nerve-wracking win!!! Survive and Advance. Have Michigan next weekend in Albany, NY. Hope Duke alums in the area will come out!! OFC

Was surprised at how close it was yesterday, but then again pretty much every first round game was very close this past weekend.

Draw to get to Memorial Day is favorable for us. Hopefully we can take care of a very hot Michigan team on Saturday to advance to Championship Weekend. Could be setting up for a third matchup with UVA in the Finals.

As a Chaminade guy, hate to say it, but a major tip of the cap has to go out to the "St. Anthony's alumni association"....

-O'Neill goes off for six goals/1 helper
-McAdorey nets a hat trick
-Naso wins 14-of-27 draws

In non-Friar related news, hell of a job in cage by Helm!!...He stopped 14 of 22 SOG to hold the Wolverines under double-digits for the first time in a month (was averaging 15.8/gpg during a five-game winning streak)!!

Dyson Williams was typical Dyson Williams, registering his 12th outing this season with 3 or more strikes!!....He heads into the national semis with a team-high 57 goals in 2022-2023 to bring his career accumulation to 148!

Last edited:
As a Chaminade guy, had to say it, but a major tip of the cap has to go out to the "St. Anthony's alumni association"....

-O'Neill goes off for six goals/1 helper
-McAdorey nets a hat trick
-Naso wins 14-of-27 draws

In non-Friar related news, hell of a job in cage by Helm!!...He stopped 14 of 22 SOG to hold the Wolverines under double-digits for the first time in a month (was averaging 15.8/gpg during a five-game winning streak)!!

Dyson Williams was typical Dyson Williams, registering his 12th outing this season with 3 or more strikes!!....He heads into the national semis with a team-high 57 goals in 2022-2023 to bring his career accumulation to 148!
Super and informative post!!!

OFC

See you on Memorial Day!

16-15

Blue Devils Hat GIF

Reactions: hart2chesson
I’m a Penn St grad but like Duke. It was win/win for me either way. But even if I wasn’t a game should never end on controversy. The rule needs to change and be reviewable. It ruined an incredible game by both teams and now that is all they are talking about.

Reactions: bullettoothtony
I’m a Penn St grad but like Duke. It was win/win for me either way. But even if I wasn’t a game should never end on controversy. The rule needs to change and be reviewable. It ruined an incredible game by both teams and now that is all they are talking about.
Duke/Miami Fb game in Durham ended in controversy too in 2015. Miami player's knee hit ground with ball on tackle. Boom, should have ended!! No replay at the time. Duke was scarred by that play for years, as it was called a game winning TD on the infamous miracle laterals play. Flags for multiple clips littered the field,but merely picked up. Penn St has to suck it up, sorry, not sorry!! #GoDuke

OFC

Both a blessing and a nightmare for me personally....

I have friends on both sidelines tomorrow; so it is difficult having to declare a rooting interest!!

Heck, I helped (advised more than authored) write the admission's essay for one of the Devil players; LOL...

I just hope tomorrow's final lives up to the excitement of both semifinals!

Last edited:
Both a blessing and a nightmare for me personally....

I have friends on both sidelines tomorrow; so it is difficult having to declare a rooting interest!!

Heck, I helped (advised more than authored) write the admission's essay for one of the Devils players; LOL...

I just hope tomorrow's final lives up to the excitement of both semifinals!

I don't. I just want Duke to beat the heck out of Notre Dame so that the controversy surrounding the semi-final game can be put to rest as much as possible and maybe people can say that Duke lacrosse won the title because they were the best team instead of winning the title on a horrible call by the ref.

I don't. I just want Duke to beat the heck out of Notre Dame so that the controversy surrounding the semi-final game can be put to rest as much as possible and maybe people can say that Duke lacrosse won the title because they were the best team instead of winning the title on a horrible call by the ref.
Bottom line for TODAY is don't expect ANY BREAKS from officials for Duke. Heck if we're within 10 feet of the crease on a goal, it's liable to be waved off. The Irish must have UNOBSTRUCTED shots at the goal or interference will be flagged.

Public opinion is always against Duke anyway. Also expect an extra hostile crowd against the Blue Devils. Every fan in the stadium except those in the good ol' blue and white will be out for blood against our team.All that said, Let's Kick A$$ Men!!!! OFC

Bottom line for TODAY is don't expect ANY BREAKS from officials for Duke. Heck if we're within 10 feet of the crease on a goal, it's liable to be waved off. The Irish must have UNOBSTRUCTED shots at the goal or interference will be flagged.

Public opinion is always against Duke anyway. Also expect an extra hostile crowd against the Blue Devils. Every fan in the stadium except those in the good ol' blue and white will be out for blood against our team.All that said, Let's Kick A$$ Men!!!! OFC
If this game is anything like the nailbiter Saturday the JD shots & beer chaser start early today!! Whereas @christophero goes for the Coors Light & hot dogs, I go for the really hard stuff!!! Lol. OFC

Reactions: Devilinside
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT