ADVERTISEMENT

Kyrie

News just broke. I'm still catching up on the backstory. I haven't been following it.

Allows me to dust off my "he played 8 games for us over a decade ago" comment that I use whenever he says something like this. The Nets have suspended him. 5 games I think. I imagine they will release him soon. Then he can say whatever he wants.

Last edited:
Allows me to dust of my "he played 8 games for us over a decade ago" comment that I use whenever he says something like this. The Nets have suspended him. 5 games I think. I imagine they will release him soon. Then he can say whatever he wants.
They won’t release him . It will cost them to much .it’s costing him 1.25 million of the 39.5 million he’s making this year . This is why I don’t get on all the social platforms . He’s like Kanye West . It’s ok to be a conspiracy theorist but not a complete idiot .

Serious question. If Kyrie does not come to Duke, do we win the title that year?

Kyrie is one messed up dude. It’s almost like he embraces absurd and/or unpopular positions to showcase his individuality. From flat-earth to anti-vaccine to the BS and anti-Semitic views of “Hebrews to Negroes: Wake Up Black America", he has continually been a bad comic sideshow to what could have been a HOF career. I think this last episode will render him permanently toxic for the NBA - who needs to have this kind of nonsense surrounding their team? Perhaps he’ll find work in Australia, his ancestral home. Assuming, of course, he can still dribble and shoot while upside down. And it hurts me to feel this way - I remember taking my sons to the Hoophall Classic in Springfield Mass in 2010 to watch him play, and saying to my sons “This is the greatest point guard I have ever seen”.

Lost contract with Nike. Ya gotta be pretty bad to get cancelled by China!
OFC
This is true. There is a certain amount (i.e. LARGE amount) of hypocrisy when it comes to what is acceptable and what is not. The issues with China and the NBA are well known but the NBA does not want to offend a huge money maker for them, nor does Nike, so blind eyes are turned in the name of profit. The selective outrage does not go unnoticed by those who read the news. This is one of many reasons I could not care less about the NBA.

And who on earth still actually thinks the earth is flat? What an odd belief lol.

Last edited:
Lost contract with Nike. Ya gotta be pretty bad to get cancelled by China!
OFC
Did he lose it or did they suspend his contract to stop his shoe release of his new series shoe?

this is a dead subject IMO. Almost like the Miles bridges incident . If the NBA had any balls they’ed do Irving like they did Leonard from the heat but then again that would dip into their revenue . KI has been a little out his mind but this is why many annalist have always thought he would retire. I don’t think the kid ever got to grow up .

I don't know. Keeping Irving around at this point is just a really bad look by the NBA. He obviously does not care about keeping his job at this point.

I don't know. Keeping Irving around at this point is just a really bad look by the NBA. He obviously does not care about keeping his job at this point.
I think his estimated wealth was something around 300 million . I doubt he cares if they fire him .

Reactions: christophero
This is true. There is a certain amount (i.e. LARGE amount) of hypocrisy when it comes to what is acceptable and what is not. The issues with China and the NBA are well known but the NBA does not want to offend a huge money maker for them, nor does Nike, so blind eyes are turned in the name of profit. The selective outrage does not go unnoticed by those who read the news. This is one of many reasons I could not care less about the NBA.

And who on earth still actually thinks the earth is flat? What an odd belief lol.
Yeh if it were flat wouldn’t you come to a dead end eventually like in The Truman Show. He’s an attention seeking troll that I wish never stepped foot on the Duke campus I admired his willingness to take a stand on the vaccine but the rest of it: pure lunacy

Reactions: Mac9192
People laugh at Duke because of Kyrie. I don't think that is okay. He went here for one semester.

Prob but if he had any more time on his hands he’d prob find himself in a straight jacket in about a year
He did have a lot of time on his hands last season and the only thing that’s was said about him was how he didn’t want to be vaccinated. Think he lost something like 3 million in salary and didn’t bother him .everyone knows he’s had issue with the media since he left Duke. I think he should go ahead and retire like he said he was going to do .

He did have a lot of time on his hands last season and the only thing that’s was said about him was how he didn’t want to be vaccinated. Think he lost something like 3 million in salary and didn’t bother him .everyone knows he’s had issue with the media since he left Duke. I think he should go ahead and retire like he said he was going to do .

I couldn't agree more. As great a player as he is it will never get better for him. I'm not sure he really likes or wants to play. OFC

I remember the few games he played as a freshman. He was so good in driving to the basket with players hanging all over him and still finishing the basket and thinking how did he do that? Looking back it seems like such a long time ago. When he came back for the NCAA tourney I thought that sometimes it seemed he was playing for himself or his draft status due to his missed time. The the earth is flat came out and my 1st thought was he's messing with us because surely all the times he had been on a plane at least one or two times he would have seen the edge of the earth if it was flat. I enjoyed Uncle Drew. Made me laugh. It seems there is an issuee everywhere he plays though. I respect his feelings on his decision about not being vacinated. It was his choice. My wife chose not to be because her fear of needles. I don't understand her choice but it's hers and she has never had covid. But with Kyrie he let his team down. Like I said in an earlier post maybe he just doesn't want to play. Dennis Rodman pulled off some odd stuff too but Kyrie is off the charts. OFC

As a descendent of Jewish lineage, I’m comfortable saying a “gentile or otherwise” is not allowed to say anything about those who use many Blacks as pawns (especially in the music/rap and sports industry). You just can’t. Now I didn’t see Kyries comment so I’m not defending that, but I do know my comment is accurate.

He didn’t really say anything. He tweeted a pic of a documentary without any context on whether he believed some of it or all of it. I don’t really have a problem with it’s claims that the first Hebrews were black because I’m not a religious scholar and couldn’t say if they are right or wrong. But there is hateful rhetoric towards Jews in it and I can’t see how people who have watched it or read the book can say there is not. That should never be tolerated. A fake quote from Hitler was used to justify their beliefs. Claims that the death toll of the Holocaust was exaggerated to make the world feel sorry for Jews. Makes other claims against Jews as well.

I don’t think Kyrie has a hateful bone in his body. He loves conspiracy theories and controversial subjects and has never shied away from that. He was sharing Alex Jones videos a few weeks ago. He is hopefully learning now that some of those subjects are hurtful to some and with a platform of his size will get you in a lot of unwanted trouble. See Alex Jones.

He didn’t really say anything. He tweeted a pic of a documentary without any context on whether he believed some of it or all of it. I don’t really have a problem with it’s claims that the first Hebrews were black because I’m not a religious scholar and couldn’t say if they are right or wrong. But there is hateful rhetoric towards Jews in it and I can’t see how people who have watched it or read the book can say there is not. That should never be tolerated. A fake quote from Hitler was used to justify their beliefs. Claims that the death toll of the Holocaust was exaggerated to make the world feel sorry for Jews. Makes other claims against Jews as well.

I don’t think Kyrie has a hateful bone in his body. He loves conspiracy theories and controversial subjects and has never shied away from that. He was sharing Alex Jones videos a few weeks ago. He is hopefully learning now that some of those subjects are hurtful to some and with a platform of his size will get you in a lot of unwanted trouble. See Alex Jones.
Alex Jones is a strange dude, but scarily he has accurately called some things over the last 20 years. Luck, or is he on to something?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT