ADVERTISEMENT

Khaman Maluach

Not going to complain if Duke gets this dude but would prefer a transfer with some age to help the younger bigs Duke should have next year

Reactions: youngman42
Schitts Creek Yes GIF by CBC

Reactions: timo0402
I like that he's not rail thin like your typical freshman 7 footer. Saw he's 240. I just don't know how we have the room if we get VJ, who I still think is priority #1.

Read somewhere (DBR forum?) that it's been discussed with Pat and he's good with it.
Great to hear. I think Pat will be really good but if this kid is as advertised and it sounds like he's a Duke lean- let's do it. To your point, we won't get a transfer of his quality.

We saw last year how difficult it can be to get a transfer big.
Is it hard for Duke to get transfers through admissions? After the tenn game last year, scheyer said something that made me think they would be after more transfers but then next years freshmen class will be large. Or did we just get out bid on some transfers like the former Kansas guy?

It’s easier for Duke to get portal bench players than it is to look for starters .

NIL also has big time portal players looking elsewhere .

Reactions: BOOGIEMAN1914
I've read that not accepting online credits was hindering us in getting some transfers. Maybe they could change that? They seem to have no problem accepting guys who are obvious OADs the last decade.

Reactions: Liftee
I wonder if scheyer and others will work with admissions on loosening standards. The transfer portal is and will become even more important to being a top notch program
No . It’s still has standards . You either have to continue to get the top ranked recruits or role your dice hoping you can pull high end transfer portal players . You will never get both . Players transfer for a reason from a school ( playing time or a chance to play . ) high recruits come to Duke to start and showcase their skill not ride the pine.

I wonder if scheyer and others will work with admissions on loosening standards. The transfer portal is and will become even more important to being a top notch program
Doubt the university will sell its academic soul for a few more wins by its sports teams.

Reactions: BNM79
Yes because guys leaving after their first spring on campus is such a good look. :)

He’s taking more visits which seems positive for his chances of taking the college route. Check his Twitter likes if your curious on what his favorite school is

He’s taking more visits which seems positive for his chances of taking the college route. Check his Twitter likes if your curious on what his favorite school is

I don't like reading that he's taking more visits. I liked it better when it was either Duke or Pro. Plus, after the 4 other visits, the Duke visit will not be as recent. Hopefully that doesn't impact his choice, but I guess we'll see.

I don't like reading that he's taking more visits. I liked it better when it was either Duke or Pro. Plus, after the 4 other visits, the Duke visit will not be as recent. Hopefully that doesn't impact his choice, but I guess we'll see.
the choices seem odd...Kansas will have the ex-Michigan guy and Bidunga....UCLA Bona/Mara...Kentucky Bradshaw and Baby Porzingis.....im thinking Duke or G-League Ignite....hopefully the Deng factor plays in...

Last edited:
A few crystal balls for us today

Hoping that we don’t have a repeat of what happened with Bidunga. If there is one position that Kansas has a leg up on Duke, it’s at Center. Imagine they will sell him on being the next Dickinson, as Bidunga could potentially play PF. Does Bidunga bolt if somehow Kansas convinces Maluach to commit to Kansas?

UCLA is horrible this year so I don’t think Maluach ends up there. Kentucky could be interesting. Despite Bradshaw having a very underwhelming year, he's still likely going to be OAD. They still have two 7 footers on the roster and have two Centers as part of their 2024 class in Jayden Quaintence and Somtochukwu Cyril. However, Cyril hasn’t signed yet so could it be possible that they tell Cyril to look elsewhere if Maluach wants to go there?

We should be the clear favorites but let’s see what happens this week at Kansas.

Hoping that we don’t have a repeat of what happened with Bidunga. If there is one position that Kansas has a leg up on Duke, it’s at Center. Imagine they will sell him on being the next Dickinson, as Bidunga could potentially play PF. Does Bidunga bolt if somehow Kansas convinces Maluach to commit to Kansas?

UCLA is horrible this year so I don’t think Maluach ends up there. Kentucky could be interesting. Despite Bradshaw having a very underwhelming year, he's still likely going to be OAD. They still have two 7 footers on the roster and have two Centers as part of their 2024 class in Jayden Quaintence and Somtochukwu Cyril. However, Cyril hasn’t signed yet so could it be possible that they tell Cyril to look elsewhere if Maluach wants to go there?

We should be the clear favorites but let’s see what happens this week at Kansas.
Doesn't Dickinson have the option of returning next year?

Doesn't Dickinson have the option of returning next year?
He does. This is a pretty weak year for the NBA draft. If he’s going to take a shot at possibly being a late 1st round pick, he better go this year. Next year is going to be absolutely loaded with OAD kids.

Reactions: sheyduke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT