ADVERTISEMENT

Jeremy roach

Maybe. But I see some halfhearted hand up 3 point defense. That is not going to stop a good shooter.
That’s the bad defense I brought up. The poor close outs. But, that doesn’t mean the entire defense as a whole is bad, it hasn’t been. Those slow close outs or missed scouting assignments are frustrating. Overall though, I thought our Defense was very solid. And yeah, let’s be honest, Clark never shot like that again. The 3 games before in the ACCT and the one NCAAT game Cantoor scored like 6 points a game, Brown and his ugly ass release was lights out and not even sniffing iron.

Where has that Roach been all season? He drove with speed and purpose, and played playmaker off penetration...we havent seen that consistently in any game. That is what a Duke point guard looks like, and what makes teams championship worthy

If all of you have been watching as many games as I have, there are lots of open 3s being shot. When it's an Agbaji or a Matt Ryan, the defense gets punished. The rest of the time, maybe 30 or 40% of the shots are made?

In other words, I'm not broken up about the fact that Duke didn't closely guard a bunch of 3 pointers from a guy who the scouting report said was a mediocre shooter, as opposed to closing off drives to the basket and trying to rebound better.

The young man plays with desire and heart. The streets will call him a GOON on the court. Thank You Roach!

Reactions: YNWA196
His ball handling has taken a significant jump, he seems to keep it on a string now. He's become one of our best players.

Reactions: geddoughton23
I agree Roach may go pro. It's amazing how good he's looked the last month. I think he comes back but he's really looking good on a big stage. People are going to notice. I imagine he's late second round if he keeps this up. Keels on the other hand...

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
I agree Roach may go pro. It's amazing how good he's looked the last month. I think he comes back but he's really looking good on a big stage. I imagine he's late second round if he keeps this up. Keels on the other hand...
All I care about right now is this group leaving it all out there. Win this chip for K, and most importantly for themselves. This group is fighting on another level. I didn't think it was possible. Just so proud of these kids.

I think Houston is playing the best of any team in the field right now.
Their game with Villanova will be a dogfight. Both teams are playing well. No team moves the ball like Nova, but what makes Nova different is they are still capable of playing physical.

Their game with Villanova will be a dogfight. Both teams are playing well. No team moves the ball like Nova, but what makes Nova different is they are still capable of playing physical.
That may actually be a fistfight where a basketball game breaks out....

Really awesome to see him playing well. I don’t think there was any way to predict this. Not even K who pushed him to the bench as the season went on into Jan and Feb.

But he is doing just exactly what one would hope of him as a soph. With his talent. Playing aggressive and with confidence.

Love it. If he keeps it up …

Where has that Roach been all season? He drove with speed and purpose, and played playmaker off penetration...we havent seen that consistently in any game. That is what a Duke point guard looks like, and what makes teams championship worthy
It took so much time for Roach to get where he is because the staff waited too long to hand him the keys. One day he was the PG, the next he was on the bench, watching two inferior PG's, Moore and Keels. This continued for 3 months, which was not good for developing his skills and boosting his confidence. Fortunately, he has the heart of a lion and overcame all of that. OFC

Roach stealing money from Moore with every game.

The biggest difference to me in Roach is his quickness. He seems to have found another gear.....at the time we need him most! Let Keels and Moore play the 2/3.

Reactions: christophero
Jeremy is playing like he was before he had that knee injury in high school. The sudden uptick in quickness he is showing is amazing and he's flying to the rim and making all kinds of close in shots. The confidence level has taken off also, he has had "the look" lately. The guy that wants to attack and go for it without fear. Proud of him.

Love that Moore, Keels, and Paolo can bring the ball up, but I still want them to give it to Roach, the point guard, 95% of the time.
Postionless basketball can help at times, but sometimes it is overused and hurts overall effectiveness.

Roach has obviously been our mvp thus far and I've always been a supporter of him, but let's pump the breaks on him all of a sudden going pro.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT