ADVERTISEMENT

Hustle

The Sandman was great in it. Very predictable sports dramedy, but I still thought it was a very good one in the end. Silly stupid Sandler is fun, but I prefer this type of role for him. Have you seen Uncut Gems? That one blew me away. His best performance was actually award worthy. Reign Over Me is another one I'd suggest for anyone who doubts Sandler's acting range or for fans of the Sandman.

The Sandman was great in it. Very predictable sports dramedy, but I still thought it was a very good one in the end. Silly stupid Sandler is fun, but I prefer this type of role for him. Have you seen Uncut Gems? That one blew me away. His best performance was actually award worthy. Reign Over Me is another one I'd suggest for anyone who doubts Sandler's acting range or for fans of the Sandman.
He was interviewed by that cat on sports center whose suits are always two sizes too small. You could tell he was proud of this one, possibly even a labor of love. He said he knows it’s not Rocky but that was his inspiration that he hoped hustle took someone to the place Rocky took him.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Well Chris speaking of oldies song, it just seems like the right time! Where's our buddy Sky been? Hoping his favorite song will bring him back. @skysdad

Song features Billy McCaffery look a like Rick Astley, and I think that's Obama tending bar!!! Lol!!! OFC

Brilliant, hart2chesson!!!! I like Rick Astley. The Foo Fighters sometimes Rick Roll the arena. Start a Yankees thread and you will get skysdad back!

Brilliant, hart2chesson!!!! I like Rick Astley. The Foo Fighters sometimes Rick Roll the arena. Start a Yankees thread and you will get skysdad back!
Thanks for your "like " christophero. You are a very pleasant fellow. I think that you have mentioned it...who is your baseball team?

Yankees. You know, the real America's team. :)
Yes!!!! Your St. John's affiliation impressed me. My uncle played baseball for and received his degree from St John's in 1936. He then played for St. Francis and LIU under fake names for a few hundred bucks while he was a Treasury Agent by day. His life was threatened a few times so he taught English in Elizabeth NJ for 47 years and moonlighted as a subway cop

I also like Notre dame football, completing the evil empire trifecta. But I like the Bengals since the late 70s. so no bandwagon there. I have liked the Yankees since Reggie and Munson.

Reactions: KDSTONE
Great helmets and Joe Montana make Notre Dame a reasonable choice. The Bengals give you a Free Pass for your other teams

Reactions: KDSTONE
Yes!!!! Your St. John's affiliation impressed me. My uncle played baseball for and received his degree from St John's in 1936. He then played for St. Francis and LIU under fake names for a few hundred bucks while he was a Treasury Agent by day. His life was threatened a few times so he taught English in Elizabeth NJ for 47 years and moonlighted as a subway cop
That’s awesome..I had a grandpa that was a spy in the civil war.. he was there when Robert e Lee surrendered at Appomattox as well.. he was young then in his 20s and had another one of my grandpas late in life.. he played baseball with babe Ruth on the Red Sox and never forgave the Sox for trading his good pal bambino to the Yankees, he actually was the first one to call him bambino!

That’s awesome..I had a grandpa that was a spy in the civil war.. he was there when Robert e Lee surrendered at Appomattox as well.. he was young then in his 20s and had another one of my grandpas late in life.. he played baseball with babe Ruth on the Red Sox and never forgave the Sox for trading his good pal bambino to the Yankees, he actually was the first one to call him bambino!
Very nice. My dad graduated from Fordham in 1929. He ushered at Yankee Stadium. Babe Ruth would yell up to him guaranteeing a good tip. He said that Babe Ruth had fun chatting up all the ladies and most fellows who were fun

Very nice. My dad graduated from Fordham in 1929. He ushered at Yankee Stadium. Babe Ruth would yell up to him guaranteeing a good tip. He said that Babe Ruth had fun chatting up all the ladies and most fellows who were fun

haha that’s cool.. my actual grandpa was on the Olympic basketball team that lost to Russia with Doug Collins. He’s still not over it!

My dad said that priests were big tippers back then.. he took one priest to the wrong seat twice and was tipped all three times.

People used to marry on Wednesday nights and go to work on Thursday. He would get a penny tip as altar boy for a wedding in 1918. Had to give it to his mom

Reactions: pisgah101
You don't need to confirm, but Tom Burleson is from Newland, near the Pisgah Forest. Burleson stumbled upon the terrorists, but had no idea until later

Alright I have to hear about this.. what terrorist?
At the 1972 Olympics in Munich, Palestinian terrorists broke into the Olympic village, kidnapped and killed Israeli athletes. Burleson was out way after curfew, trying to get back to his dorm. He gave a couple of the terrorists directions never suspecting the massacre that ensued.

At the 1972 Olympics in Munich, Palestinian terrorists broke into the Olympic village, kidnapped and killed Israeli athletes. Burleson was out way after curfew, trying to get back to his dorm. He gave a couple of the terrorists directions never suspecting the massacre that ensued.

ohhh I thought you meant he came upon terrorist in Pisgah Forest.
I didn’t know the above though that’s crazy stuff

Reactions: geddoughton23
I also like Notre dame football, completing the evil empire trifecta. But I like the Bengals since the late 70s. so no bandwagon there. I have liked the Yankees since Reggie and Munson.
I thought you were younger than that Chris. If you know who Thurman Munson is, you must be as old as the rest of us lol.

Reactions: christophero
I thought you were younger than that Chris. If you know who Thurman Munson is, you must be as old as the rest of us lol.
I'm in my early 50s. Chris Chambliss was my favorite Yankee. Played first base for them. I wanted to cry when they traded him to the Royals. George the genius broke up the dynasty in the early 80s. Nettles went to the Padres. He even traded Reggie.

Great stories guys for us old timers.

Munson was one of my two favorite all time players. I cried when he died. My other favorite was Roger Maris.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT