ADVERTISEMENT

How tall is Zion, really?

Buzzooka Joe

Cameron Crazy
Feb 20, 2006

I saw this picture where *none of the 3 seem to be standing straight up*, but it’s pretty obvious that RJ & Zion are shorter than Cam, and it looks likely that Zion is slightly shorter than RJ..

We all know player’s listed heights are measured in their shoes and then usually rounded up.. thats why Cam measured at 6 foot 6.5 inches (without shoes) at the combine, but is always listed as 6’8”..

From everything I’ve seen, Cam looks to be a solid 1-2 inches taller than RJ, and RJ looks to be about 0.5-1 inch taller than Zion.. So Zion could be as short as 6’4” without shoes..

Ultimately, it doesn’t matter because it’s not how tall you are, it’s how tall you play, and he plays like he’s 7ft.. but his athleticism is even more impressive with him being closer to 6’4” than 6’6”.. it makes his jumping ability look more like David Thompson and MJ (6’6” and under), rather than LeBron, Kemp, or Dominique (all 6’8” plus)..

Reactions: christophero
Zion is even or slightly taller than RJ in that pic my man! Look at hairline.
Yea, Zion & RJ are very close.. just taking in everything I’ve seen, it seems like RJ is a hair taller.. but regardless, I think everyone can agree Cam is more than an inch taller than RJ or Zion.. and the fact that Cam measured at only 6’6.5” means Zion is likely 6’5” (without shoes).

Zion and RJ were both officially measured last summer. Z was 6’5.5” and RJ was 6’6” both barefooted. With shoes RJ measured 6’6.75” and Z measured 6’6.5” which is rounded to 6’7” for both. — Reddish was (obviously) officially measured at the NBA draft combine this year. 6’6.5” barefoot and right at 6’8” with shoes.

Reactions: dukehokie
Zion and RJ were both officially measured last summer. Z was 6’5.5” and RJ was 6’6” both barefooted. With shoes RJ measured 6’6.75” and Z measured 6’6.5” which is rounded to 6’7” for both. — Reddish was (obviously) officially measured at the NBA draft combine this year. 6’6.5” barefoot and right at 6’8” with shoes.

That’s also like Zion’s greatly exaggerated weight. 285 after coming from home eating momma’s cooking and before conditioning. Probably closer to 260 or 250 in season. That’s a big difference. Still a lot of weight on those joints, but not “is Zion’s weight his greatest weakness” numbers.

And the bottom of his chin is higher than the bottom of rj’s. But they both seem to be leaning toward the left a little.

Good thing they stopped growing too lol

In the pros I think Zion's strength, exceptional sense of anticipation and unexpected quickness will be more important than his jumping ability. Winslow was a great shot blocker and inside defensive presence who became a guard in the pros and just doesn't look that big anymore.

Yea, Zion & RJ are very close.. just taking in everything I’ve seen, it seems like RJ is a hair taller.. but regardless, I think everyone can agree Cam is more than an inch taller than RJ or Zion.. and the fact that Cam measured at only 6’6.5” means Zion is likely 6’5” (without shoes).

If he's only 6'5" then he's even more impressive. OFC

In person Cam looks taller than 6’8. He and Javin look like they’re the same height. I’ll give Zion 6’6. He’s the shorter of the three

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT