ADVERTISEMENT

#GDTBATH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure , all that carolina way rhetoric has been exposed as the lie it's always been and unx is forever a punchline but y'all could care less about such things anyway , right? Just win baby. Amirite? Lol

I think the reason you try so hard with these threads is because deep down you know that the only people that care about this still are moo fans and y'all. Even most UK fans have realized it's not nearly what you and Dan Kane have attempted to make people believe. You keep saying Carolina is a "punchline" but I think you're trying to convince yourself of that. On a national scale, most casual sports fans don't even know about the academic scandal. Furthermore, if they know, they don't care. And in 5 years, even the more obsessed will have forgotten about. You on the other hand, it seems to dominate your daily life. Amirite? Lol
#I'mhashtaggingnow
#makingfunofyou
#keepupthegoodwork

unx fans ON A DUKE BOARD whining about "obsession." Too funny.

Of your 8000 poasts on this board, what would you guess is the percentage of poasts that are Carolina related? I'm honestly very curious as to how you see it. I'll wait for your answer. You can even write "lulz" or "unx" in your response if that will help us get to the bottom of your obsession.

Reactions: UNC '92
I'm going to need more than that.

Then read the articles your damn self. I am not a UNC apologist nor a UNC persecutor. If you want to refute a news article/report because you don't trust it then do it with other reports.

Who are they? You tell me and since I'm more of a UNC fan and know more about our team, I'll tell you how important they are. Or...what?...you can't name who those players are?

It's not like it is a big secret who the players are - so I am not sure of your question. They were all three 13 game starters and were all three at least mentioned in all ACC awards. They were a big part of UNC's defense and are important cogs to next years defe.

Believe it or not I used to go to all of Duke/UNC home football and basketball games and most of State's (Father was sports editor in the 70's through late 80's). Still keep up with both teams. I practiced with Coach Bill Lam (UNC wrestling) when I was in town in College as he was a long time friend/mentor. Granted I know the football team under Dick Crum better, but that was when I went to all the games at that time and I worked for him. I lived for a long time in Carboro and still have lots of connections with UNC including a father that went there and taught there (Journalism). My connections with UNC are close to my connections with Duke.

Duke - I attended grad school. But I also knew K from the moment he arrived on campus. I knew the coaches that were already at Duke when he got in place. I worked for Terry Sanford's family for awhile and worked for Duke when I was paying my way through school.

I'm going to poll some people and ask how they feel it should have been handled. I'm starting with Rasheed Sulaimon

I am assuming that zinger is in reference to your opinion that the RS situation was handled poorly. That may be, but that is a non sequitur. The proof is in the pudding. You don't settle for close to a million dollars and NDA agreements all around if you handled it correctly in the first place. Not even in this litigious society.

Is anyone else wondering why a UNC apologist finds the need to police certain posters on this board?

I'm going to need more than that.

Then read the articles your damn self. I am not a UNC apologist nor a UNC persecutor. If you want to refute a news article/report because you don't trust it then do it with other reports.

Or I could just point to the NCAA's ruling.

Believe it or not I used to go to all of Duke/UNC home football and basketball games and most of State's (Father was sports editor in the 70's through late 80's). Still keep up with both teams. I practiced with Coach Bill Lam (UNC wrestling) when I was in town in College as he was a long time friend/mentor. Granted I know the football team under Dick Crum better, but that was when I went to all the games at that time and I worked for him. I lived for a long time in Carboro and still have lots of connections with UNC including a father that went there and taught there (Journalism). My connections with UNC are close to my connections with Duke.

Duke - I attended grad school. But I also knew K from the moment he arrived on campus. I knew the coaches that were already at Duke when he got in place. I worked for Terry Sanford's family for awhile and worked for Duke when I was paying my way through school.

19191.jpg

I am assuming that zinger is in reference to your opinion that the RS situation was handled poorly. That may be, but that is a non sequitur. The proof is in the pudding. You don't settle for close to a million dollars and NDA agreements all around if you handled it correctly in the first place. Not even in this litigious society.

Yes. That zinger was indeed in reference to the RS situation. I don't know if the Boykin situation or the RS situation were handled properly. And frankly, I'm not going to care all that much about either. I simply brought it up to make the point that no school is without situations where they might have dropped the ball. I'm sure you or Devil DJ can tell me how both situations should have been handled?

Yes. That zinger was indeed in reference to the RS situation. I don't know if the Boykin situation or the RS situation were handled properly. And frankly, I'm not going to care all that much about either. I simply brought it up to make the point that no school is without situations where they might have dropped the ball. I'm sure you or Devil DJ can tell me how both situations should have been handled

Glad you pointed out that you know more about UNC than I do - your players name was Boyers - might be better if you try being smart rather than smart ass. Oh but wait I don't know the names of your players as well as you do (at least according to you).

All objective evidence points to a logical conclusion that UNC handled it poorly. Granted you can argue that just because that is the logical conclusion does not make it true. But I would say the same if there were similar evidence in a Duke case.

I do not know why I got in on this in the first place. I usually avoid commenting in these type threads and will do so in the future.

Reactions: Mark Gastineau
You plan on mocking certain posters until you force the mods to ban you? Seems like a pretty stupid/petty way to spend your time.

One might argue that poasting quotes from poasters at another board in an attempt to misconstrue and ridicule them is also a pretty stupid/petty way to spend your time. To each their own, I reckon.

One might argue that poasting quotes from poasters at another board in an attempt to misconstrue and ridicule them is also a pretty stupid/petty way to spend your time. To each their own, I reckon.
So you're calling @dukiejay stupid/petty for starting that thread? Interesting. You're really playing fast and loose today.

Glad you pointed out that you know more about UNC than I do - your players name was Boyers - might be better if you try being smart rather than smart ass. Oh but wait I don't know the names of your players as well as you do (at least according to you).

His name used to be Boykin. Part of the settlement was he agreed to change his name to avoid any association with the UNC football program. True story.

All objective evidence points to a logical conclusion that UNC handled it poorly. Granted you can argue that just because that is the logical conclusion does not make it true. But I would say the same if there were similar evidence in a Duke case.

Again, I acknowledge it might have been handled poorly. I doubt you can find any similar situation with any school where everyone was in agreement that it was handled the right way - the Sulaimon situation being an example.

Again, I acknowledge it might have been handled poorly. I doubt you can find any similar situation with any school where everyone was in agreement that it was handled the right way - the Sulaimon situation being an example.
Why do you qualify your half-admission with an irrelevant question and more deflection? Quit moving the goalposts and stay on topic for a change.

Is anyone else wondering why a UNC apologist finds the need to police certain posters on this board?

Only one reason for it really...it bugs 'em. Not content to "get away with it" unx'ers want absolution. They want everyone to agree this was all blown outta proportion by State fans. unx didn't really commit 2 decades worth of intentional fraud to win ballgames and hang ( now worthless ) banners. Uhhh , never gonna happen. unx fans: be satisfied beatin ' the rap. You're OJ. The carolina way is a punchline and always will be. The "flagship" is forever linked with the SMU's of the world...synonymous with collegiate corruption. Like I said...ya beat the rap. Can't go on an' on about how "everybody does it" ( And ya did! ALL of ya did! ) then turn around and claim it was all a big mistake AFTER a settlement is "negotiated." Is what it is. Get over it. Anyway , here's King Tarhole himself expressing his doubts...

Then the news broke about the Boyer family of Chapel Hill getting $795,000 from UNC for their son, Jackson, being allegedly hazed by some football teammates before the 2014 season. Are you kidding me – 800 grand for a concussion that was so bad Boyer never missed a practice and played in seven games that season? Here’s how I think it came down, if you remember the case.

Four Tar Heel players, three of whom are still on the team, were suspended for the 2014 opener against Liberty – how punitive – after they were identified as having pranked Boyer at the Aloft Hotel during pre-season training camp.

Questions loom, however. Like where does UNC come up with 795,000 as it awaits a likely multi-million-dollar fine from the NCAA? And with another football incident having occurred at a fraternity house last season, will this become known as the new Carolina Way?

http://chapelboro.com/sports/chanskys-notebook-the-boyer-case

"How punitive."

lulz. Oh and just to set the record straight: while Bob "BOTBob" Winston was a former unx board of trustees chair and IS in the hotel business , he doesn't own the Aloft. That title , according to unx alum Bob Lee , belongs to someone else...

BobLee ‏@BobLeeSays

@DevilDJ32 .... No, The notorious "BOTBob" Winston does not own Aloft. Another UNC Fat Cat / Trustee Roger Perry owns it.

Gotta love it. Even a unx alum knows it's sleazy. But he's wrong too , huh holes? BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Back in tha day. Boyer's kid brother. As expected , unx fans were all over 'im. What is it with the tarhole nation? A guy puts on an athletic uniform and all of a sudden he's a model citizen...unless he gets his azz beat by those model citizens and dares to complain...

cole boyer ‏@cbboyer

@DerayDavis4 let's stop using "fight" or "altercation." A mob of defensive players pinned him down and beat him until he was KOd/concussed.

cole boyer ‏@cbboyer

4 players isn't even 25% of group that assaulted my brother, leaving him unconscious and badly concussed. @CoachFedora @ChancellorFolt

cole boyer ‏@cbboyer .

@tylewis_12 I've been cleared to share some broad details with the Twittersphere so UNC can't smear my brother.

cole boyer ‏@cbboyer .

@UNC Football is _actively_ covering up both players involved and the extent of the violence that occurred on 8/4/14

cole boyer ‏@cbboyer

Dream on @Tar_Heel_Tony. Actively covering it up. Why was punishment issued 1 day after a national news story when coaches knew for 3 weeks?

cole boyer ‏@cbboyer

That's it! I'm done on twitter for a few days. I've done my part, now let's see UNC do theirs and complete this investigation ethically.

http://chapelboro.com/tag/jackson-boyer

he wants to be banned so he can go back to his board and brag about how he told us off and our mods did not like hearing the truth

Which is why if he's bothering anyone for now just ignore. He's been a decent poster for years, so let's just assume his blood sugar is low for now.

Now that I'm poasting here again, I'm going to be keeping a running tab of the number of poasts from Devil DJ regarding Carolina versus the number of poasts by Devil DJ regarding supposedly the team he roots for in duke.

I'll use this thread to keep track.

As of 6/23/16
UNC - 1
duke - 0

More than three-quarters of a million dollars for a "hazing" incident?! Sure. Whatever. unx alum Bob Lee...

BLS: Larry & “Schultz’s” Faustian Bargain

This was a buncha guys ganging up on one guy over some alleged grievance likely involving a girl and beating him up with fists and feet. Maybe it was aggravated assault or assault and battery or whatever. It was NOT hazing.

Why was The Settlement SO FREAKIN’ LARGE ???

Why was there a $$$ settlement at all?

Was there something at stake that both sides knew was more valuable to UNCCH than simply a whole lot of money?

Rude Boys Beat The Crap Outta Walk-On

Our old buddy Sgt Schultz bit Larry Fedora in the butt BIG TIME. “Sgt Know Nuuthing” took a $795,000 bite out of Larry’s butt.

Fedora claimed he never even knew about the Aloft incident until a week or so later. File THAT ONE with Butch’s saying I didn’t really know John Blake that well…. and Dean never knowing what Deborah & Burgess were cooking up….

In truth, Fedora knew about it almost instantly as every micro-manager Head Coach would, if not that night certainly early the next morning…. and he took immediate steps to “squelch it”. Uh Oh!

What timeline of what I knew and when I knew it did Larry give Bubba? …. give UNCCH legal admins? ….. give the Boyers ….. give CHPD …. give the media?

How valuable were The Rude Boys to the team’s success to risk a cover up to protect them?

http://bobleesays.com/2016/06/25/larry-schultz-road-perdition/

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT