ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS CLEMSON OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
This one is pretty simple - WIN. After a dismal loss Monday night to an improving, but overall mediocre Virginia team, in a game that sported some of the same boneheaded plays late in a game we've seen in almost all four losses, the Blue Devils MUST find a way to get a road win tonight. Especially with a quick turnaround in less than 48 hours with another road, ACC game against BC.

Duke currently sits at a -6 favorite tonight and I think that's a product of both the way we played Monday and the way we've played at Clemson over the last several years. I think we cover this one fairly easily. I don't have the numbers, but it sure feels like we've done really well ATS the game after not covering.

Tonight's game is slated to tip at 7pm est and will air on the ACC Network.

Duke - 80

Clemson - 67

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The UVA game took all our momentum. I have no clue how we will play tonight but know Clemson will treat this like their Natty. Another sellout of course. I’ll take Duke to get the dub

We just came off a bad game, but Clemson just lost a tough one to the holes. Both teams have motivation. I have no idea what to expect, and a loss wouldn’t surprise me.

Reactions: KDSTONE
A win or a loss wouldn't surprise me. This team usually does the opposite of what I think they will do. My guess is a win. One thing is for sure, Clemson will be fired up. This would be a nice W and we should be able to win Sat. and get momentum back. A loss wouldn't be the end of the world; but would definitely drop us to 3/4 seed territory.
Duke 78
Clemson 71

Last edited:
Reactions: KDSTONE and Mac9192
This one is pretty simple - WIN. After a dismal loss Monday night to an improving, but overall mediocre Virginia team, in a game that sported some of the same boneheaded plays late in a game we've seen in almost all four losses, the Blue Devils MUST find a way to get a road win tonight. Especially with a quick turnaround in less than 48 hours with another road, ACC game against BC.

Duke currently sits at a -6 favorite tonight and I think that's a product of both the way we played Monday and the way we've played at Clemson over the last several years. I think we cover this one fairly easily. I don't have the numbers, but it sure feels like we've done really well ATS the game after not covering.

Tonight's game is slated to tip at 7pm est and will air on the ACC Network.

Duke - 80

Clemson - 67

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I’d seen 7 pm all week; then last nights promo during Pitt game said 8. WTH?

Reactions: christophero
The way I see it, games like this tell us what we have in early February. Is it a team that can overcome adversity, or is it a team that can have an occasional impressive win and then lapse back to mediocrity?

I want our team to be the best but the lack of consistency tells me we aren't yet primed to win 3 or 4 tough games in a row in late March. I hope the important word is "yet" and it will change. Let's see where we are at tonight.

Obviously 2015 was storybook. I do predict we lose one more game in ACC play but still win the regular season and make it to the finals of the ACC tournament with a double bye. The thing that concerns me most is losing tight games, 3 games by a total of 4 points in league play where we had the lead in the final minute in all three. I am certain opposing coaches use that as motivation. UVA was a classic trap game coming off 3 good road wins including a shellacking of UNC 2 days prior.

I think we bounce back tonight and on Saturday and win both games handily.

Duke 78
Clemson 63

Its at Clemson which is always tough, they have nothing to play for so this is their capstone game, they have lost a lot of close games, and have capable guards....our team is schizophrenic and we never know who will or wont show up....the game should be close so i hope we have improved our end game tactics and awareness...if we have we win, if we havent we dont

I think Duke wins by two again it’s at little John and it will be rocking

I was waiting for K to just lose his shit…and I would of been totally ok with it…

Hopefully Moore is good because I'm sure later he's gonna start feeling pain at some point. I just want to know when will Paolo realize that one on one he's unstoppable in the post. He doesn't need to act like a point guard 20 feet away from the basket. Let's finish this off!

We can't afford for Moore to be out as Roach and Keel's shots have vanished in the Bermuda Triangle.

2 games in a row Paolo has played like garbage. Gave him a pass against UVA with their defense but tonight is ridiculously bad. Hopefully K takes him out

Banchero is getting paid to miss layups. And stand around on defense.

Paolo has been really really bad. I still can’t understand him getting the ball above the free throw line….he either turns it over or dribbles into a complete non play.

Reactions: ioliva
Paolo has been really really bad. I still can’t understand him getting the ball above the free throw line….he either turns it over or dribbles into a complete non play.
Agreed. He’s not a very good one on one guy from above the ft line unless it’s a clear path to dunk

DBR is complaining about Banchero's effort, or lack thereof. He seems to stepping up now.

Last edited:
I’m pretty disappointed with Duke effort following that foul to Moore. I feel like if that doesn’t galvanize them better than this then nothing will.

Reactions: ioliva
I’m pretty disappointed with Duke effort following that foul to Moore. I feel like if that doesn’t galvanize them better than this then nothing will.
I think they lack the guy that refuses to lose. Keels may be that guy, but he doesn't have best skills to execute.

Dude I thought the exact same thing. I expected anger and fire. This team just seems to coast. Reminds me of the bagley carter Allen team.

Dude I thought the exact same thing. I expected anger and fire. This team just seems to coast. Reminds me of the bagley carter Allen team.
I feel like I was more mad than them…lol

I would of been tossed out of the game no doubt.

Thought we played with fire, grit, and imposed our will with our size. Great road win against a well coached tough as nails team. PJ Hall is a damn baller. Deserves most improved player. He carried them in the second half. Keels is back. Williams was a force. I'm happy! What a stress free game for the most part. David Collins with a dirty play. Don't think he meant to hurt Moore, but that was suspension worthy. Good on him to apologize. K was all class during that. Great team win. Hopefully Paolo overcomes the freshman wall.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT