ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS CLEMSON OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

I’m not necessarily gonna put all of the blame on Alex. JGold played well, but he missed two open layups. We left four points right there and Big Vern and Tre bricking FT’s absolutely didn’t help anything.
Not blaming AOC for the loss, just explaining how awful he was in the 10 minute stretch I was able to watch last night.

Well, shucks. Not only did we lose, but we didn't extend it to overtime and we lost by more points than UNC did, so the law of transitive property means UNC is better than us.

They are going to read your post and get pumped up!! You just sealed Pitts fate! LOL!

Was about to queue up my DVR to start the game when I accidentally saw the final score. Welp, decided I would get an extra 2 hours of sleep than endure the loss. So I've really got nothing to bring to this discussion except to say that I still like our chances. If you didn't think we would lose multiple games in the ACC than you are delusional.

We lost back-to-back on Jan 11 and Jan 13, 2015, and still won a title. We lost on Jan 9 and Jan 20, 2010, and still won a title. There were MUCH better teams in 2010 and 2015 (KU, UK, WVU, Cuse in 2010....UK, Wisc, UVA, Nova in 2015) than there are this year. There isn't a team in the country I am afraid of this year (and I have no problem saying I wanted nothing to do with UK in both 2010 and 2015).

We will be fine. It’s a young team that wasn’t ready to play last night. One thing that needs to be better is Tre, he’s is actually the veteran leader. He has to value the ball and set then tone for everyone early. Our first loss he played way to fast and didn’t get guys settled and didn’t value the ball, last night again was careless with the ball. He has to be on it all the time for this group..it’s not fair...but it is what it is.

I’m not too angry about the loss, still think we are gonna win the ACC regular season and get a 1 seed. Was proud of our guys for fighting back and almost taking control of the game. Vernon was noticeably exhausted once we took the lead, that euro-step And 1 sure was sweet though. Cassius getting his 4th foul on a Tre awful pass I thought was the play that lost us the game. Cassius was playing great and he never got back into rhythm after sitting out.

Not to beat a dead horse, but we probably win if Alex and Hurt had stayed in Durham. Why no J-Rob?? Had Javin been better, Vernon maybe could have gotten more rest. Love Goldwires fight and I can’t fault him for the lay-ups, the 2nd miss Hurt had an easy rebound but he stood in the corner and didn’t move. Embarrassing.

2010 team got blown out by Georgetown in January, and 2015 team lost 2 ACC games in a row in January. We’re still gonna win the title.

I’m not too angry about the loss, still think we are gonna win the ACC regular season and get a 1 seed. Was proud of our guys for fighting back and almost taking control of the game. Vernon was noticeably exhausted once we took the lead, that euro-step And 1 sure was sweet though. Cassius getting his 4th foul on a Tre awful pass I thought was the play that lost us the game. Cassius was playing great and he never got back into rhythm after sitting out.

Not to beat a dead horse, but we probably win if Alex and Hurt had stayed in Durham. Why no J-Rob?? Had Javin been better, Vernon maybe could have gotten more rest. Love Goldwires fight and I can’t fault him for the lay-ups, the 2nd miss Hurt had an easy rebound but he stood in the corner and didn’t move. Embarrassing.

2010 team got blown out by Georgetown in January, and 2015 team lost 2 ACC games in a row in January. We’re still gonna win the title.

Agree 100%. I believe we are final 4 bound

combination of missing FT'S,our rotation shortened, our 4's and 5's difficulty defending the pick and roll,Clemson having quick,skilled,experienced,,athletic players that shot well...and after Monday nights loss to LSU, the wave of emotion by the Clemson faithful was a recipe for a upset. i think our guys are learning what it takes to win on the road in this hellacious conference......

Reactions: Neners
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT