ADVERTISEMENT

"Duke can't win true road games"

Koubek for Prez

All American
Mar 23, 2008
"Duke can't win true road games"-That myth is getting to be almost as ridiculous as "Duke can't produce NBA talent". It's mainly used by UNC fans still living in the 1980s.

....as the kids say....

Haters.jpg

Originally posted by Koubek for Prez:
"Duke can't win true road games"-That myth is getting to be almost as ridiculous as "Duke can't produce NBA talent". It's mainly used by UNC fans still living in the 1980s.

....as the kids say....

ec
And those are the same "fans" who didn't have to go to class to get a degree!

You repeat anything long enough people will believe it and begin to say it themselves.

Wisconsin wasn't a true road game because it was in the ACC/Big10 Challenge. Everybody knows that! And our wins at UVA and Louisville don't count because those were part of our conference slate. Everybody knows that!!

roll.r191677.gif

Oh yea, they took us to overtime. That was a good win for them.

OFC

Originally posted by dukiejay:
We have more 'good' road wins this years than UNC has good wins total.
Actually I heard one of the announcers say at the VA Tech game that Duke had the best record on the road of ANYONE this season - I think they referenced Virgina, Wisconsin, and Louisville.

Am I making that up?

Originally posted by Mark Gastineau:

Originally posted by QC Dukie:
Does UNC have a "good" win?

OFC
I wonder if they're crazy enough to consider beating Florida a good win?
I am sure they do, as well as that convincing win over powerful UCLA. OFC

Originally posted by LTDukeFan:

Actually I heard one of the announcers say at the VA Tech game that Duke had the best record on the road of ANYONE this season - I think they referenced Virgina, Wisconsin, and Louisville.

Am I making that up?
I heard one of the announcers say we're 1 in road RPI this season

Originally posted by DiehardDukeFan4Life:
Originally posted by LTDukeFan:

Am I making that up?
I heard one of the announcers say we're 1 in road RPI this season
That sounds right to me- Wisconsin, Louisville, Virginia, Syracuse, Miami, (and soon to be UNC)
smokin.r191677.gif

Road RPI Yes, road record, no....It is tough for us to have a better road record than UK who hasn't lost a single game all year or Virginia who hasn't lost a road game.

Originally posted by chov1125:
Road RPI Yes, road record, no....It is tough for us to have a better road record than UK who hasn't lost a single game all year or Virginia who hasn't lost a road game.
True. However, look at the teams we have played on the road and compare them to UK's and UVA's road road schedule. UK is not even close. Having really on played at Louisville, Florida, LSU, and Georgia is coming up. They really haven't had to play good to great teams in hostile environments consistently this season. UVA struggled at VT as well and their road schedule, while not as difficult as ours, hasn't been easy like UK's. I am not diminishing what UK has done by any means, but in the ACC they would have lost by now. Anyway, this Duke team has onion's and I am pretty happy with our clear showing of intestinal fortitude at times throughout this season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT