ADVERTISEMENT

Couple of tidbits on 2017 Duke target F Kevin Knox

michael l

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
For those that don't know me my name is Michael Langston and I'm the recruiting analyst over there at Warchant.com on the Rivals network.

I don't usually stop by too often guys but I wanted to give you guys a few things I've picked up over the weekend on Tampa Catholic standout F Kevin Knox for the 2017 class. I've known his family for years so I have a few close ties there. Anyway, I'll jump right into it in that I feel anything other than Duke when he makes his decision would be a major surprise. I would project him there right now based on what I've heard from a number people close to him recently.

He has always loved Duke. That's been his dream school, which I think most of you know. But even more than that Kevin really likes how Coach K and the staff uses their wings and even low post guys. Assuming he does the expected and picks Duke I think he'll end up playing the three position for Duke or I'll say that's the likely preference. Kevin has improved a lot on his ball handling, and ability to finish around the rim. That has his stock blowing up in my opinion. Obviously FSU, UNC are other schools in the mix but I do think Duke will get good news down the road for him.

Kevin is a tremendous kid on and off the court. Probably one of the most popular kids at Tampa Catholic, but not because of his athletic ability, but how he is with people off the court in being one of the more unselfish kids I've dealt with. He goes out of his way to help a lot of young players that haven't gotten a lot of looks at college for football or basketball. But generally a well rounded kid.

Lastly, what I think Duke has done so well with Kevin is building a closeness, trust with him and also making sure they were very genuine about how he would be used and the advantages the school offers academically and otherwise. That has sold Kevin a lot on the Blue Devils.

On a side note. While I cover things for Warchant. My family also has ties to Duke, and I still follow them closely with my grandmother graduating from there when I was really young. Have always liked them since then. Anyway, don't want to bore you with that. Just thought I would add that little note and give you a few things on Kevin.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News