ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats from Wisconsin

Birks31

Starter
Oct 18, 2005
I have seen more artful championship games, but that was a pretty good coaching example of how to buy time and hang on until the end. When Okafor and Winslow got into foul trouble and Wisconsin couldn't penetrate to take advantage, I knew how it was going to end.

Oh well. Congratulations. I've got two kids at Wisconsin and they're both bummed, but the students had a real blast following this team. One thing is for sure in Madison; win or lose, there will be beer and music.

Great game and season by Wisconsin. Frank the Tank was a little too passive IMO and Dekker had an off night but it doesn't take away from a great Wisky season and a win for the ages over 38-0 UK. Hats off to Badgers.

Hopefully it was a throwaway comment made after the heat of battle. He's an excellent basketball coach and he's not a moral degenerate like many top college coach's in MBB and football are these days. He just doesn't have his filter as highly tuned as a coach who is on that stage every year.
I think it's just a case of TMI shared right after a crushing loss. Besides, it wasn't the NBA draft picks who turned the game. It was the kid with the uber Southern preppy name, Grayson.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT