ADVERTISEMENT

Charlottesville Screw Job

They’ve already twisted it. Now the ref said the clock ran out because they saw no foul in the replay so they just did the right thing. That’s coming from UVA radio or whatever. Then Tony comes on and basically says if you’re a Duke fan you’re upset “about the rule” And if you’re a UVA fan “you thought it was a clean block” basically dancing around the most important thing ! The fouls was called!! And the shot got off in time!! DUKE deserves 2 FTs! I mean you can dispute fouls all day long whatever fine! You cant dispute black and white in the rule book! But that’s the only play they had so it is what it is. Pretty slithery talking by Tony who IM SURE is fully aware the rule should have awarded us 2 FTs. So the whole “upset about the rule” bs is horsesh”t.

I actually think (I don’t know why) the committee will count that as a win and do “the right thing” or all them mfs are going to hell. Foreal though, THEY SHOULD. Think of it as a makeup call. It’s the right thing to do. But in this time of day the majority of the population don’t do the right thing . 100% don’t consistently, so wtf am I thinking. I just feel it though.. It don’t make much difference to me though. We’re a dangerous 6-9 seed with no pressure coming in with the underdog us vs the world mentality. I think we will get a 6 or 7 seed when it’s all said and done . I’m leaning towards the 6. An 8 if the committees going to hell 😂

Reactions: hart2chesson
Can’t remember what was said pertaining to it in the podcast . I know you have 5 seconds to inbound the ball, but they went into further detail @timo0402

Can’t remember what was said pertaining to it in the podcast . I know you have 5 seconds to inbound the ball, but they went into further detail @timo0402
Hokie explains it pretty well. It’s five seconds- but you get the full fifth second. So it’s not once it gets to five the whistle is blown.

Reactions: IFaZe
The fact that the retort from uva fans is, “oh well they missed the 5 second call!” Is all the evidence you need to know they’re trying justify it.

Hokie explains it pretty well. It’s five seconds- but you get the full fifth second. So it’s not once it gets to five the whistle is blown.
I timed it. It actually went to just about 5 seconds. He got it in on time.

Reactions: timo0402
I actually think (I don’t know why) the committee will count that as a win and do “the right thing” or all them mfs are going to hell. Foreal though, THEY SHOULD. Think of it as a makeup call. It’s the right thing to do. But in this time of day the majority of the population don’t do the right thing . 100% don’t consistently, so wtf am I thinking. I just feel it though.. It don’t make much difference to me though. We’re a dangerous 6-9 seed with no pressure coming in with the underdog us vs the world mentality. I think we will get a 6 or 7 seed when it’s all said and done . I’m leaning towards the 6. An 8 if the committees going to hell 😂
This is the elephant in the room in terms of how the committee will look at the Lee Cassel screw job he placed on us. I don't think they will consider it a win, but they damn sure better not hold the L against us. At best, I think (well really hope) it's a null and void game that won't affect us negatively.

I'm also super curious if the NCAA will ever look into Lee. He's a miami grad who has made comments in the past for his dislike of Duke and somehow he's an ACC ref? It has fixed written all over it

This is the elephant in the room in terms of how the committee will look at the Lee Cassel screw job he placed on us. I don't think they will consider it a win, but they damn sure better not hold the L against us. At best, I think (well really hope) it's a null and void game that won't affect us negatively.

I'm also super curious if the NCAA will ever look into Lee. He's a miami grad who has made comments in the past for his dislike of Duke and somehow he's an ACC ref? It has fixed written all over it

The committee in CFB was meant to have the best 4 teams play vs just the 4 with the best records and look how that has turned out...lopsided noncompetitive games every year ...a committee with 64 choices will at least be more accurate than picking 4....we will get into the tournament and then its just at what seed....this year i dont see that mattering that much beyond the first weekend

The committee in CFB was meant to have the best 4 teams play vs just the 4 with the best records and look how that has turned out...lopsided noncompetitive games every year ...a committee with 64 choices will at least be more accurate than picking 4....we will get into the tournament and then its just at what seed....this year i dont see that mattering that much beyond the first weekend
I think 20-21 wins get us in but we are absolutely not safely in at the moment. Right now, we are a 8 seed which isn't on the bubble, but that's not comfortable in my opinion with 5 games to go, and the ACC tournament

Reactions: christophero
A loss to Syracuse would put us on the bubble. Probably on the right side, but still. Other than Louisville any of our remaining games could go either way. UNC will be looking for paypack and will need some signature wins and a run to the ACC tournament to get in. And NC State at home is a tough one, but I think we can win.

Last edited:
Reactions: hart2chesson
Cuse have won 3 straight. We need to be ready. I watched some NC State highlights and it looks like some of their freshman are coming on strong. The freshman guard Mintz, possibly a one and done, can play. And Girard shoots well at the dome. Edwards their senior center is solid.

Last edited:
We need whitehead to hit a few 3s and Flip has to dominate the middle by the foul line. He should get a lot of looks.
Right Timo, hitting the threes will be a big key in this game!! Whitehead, Grandison, and even Shutt could really open up the middle for Flip. Let's hope somebody is hot from the 3 point line!!!

OFC

Reactions: timo0402
We should be in a 3 way tie for second place right now and 1 game from 1st and hold that tie breaker. . Obviously Clemson wins 1 tie breaker. Not sure about Miami. The way it sits right now Everybody can lose 1 game and we don’t even move up from 5th… what a complete pos fk boy of a potentially SEASON impacting call that was .

Should’ve could’ve would’ve…..a remedy for all of this is to go out and win the whole damn thing.

Reactions: skysdad
Should’ve could’ve would’ve…..a remedy for all of this is to go out and win the whole damn thing.
True. We can't do a thing about that but we sure can take care of the rest of the season and make sure we aren't put in that situation again by making sure there is gonna be no doubt about the outcome and that begins with NCSU . OFC

I feel like the general sense is the officials have been worse this year than ever before, but this guy in particular is awful. Someone needs to check his draft kings sports app.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
I thought this was a thread on Isaac Traudt transferring from Virginia, and what a horrible idea it was for Bennett to redshirt a future NBA player. Okay, well, carry on...

Reactions: DanTheDukeFan1982II
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT