ADVERTISEMENT

Bo Ryan

clg003

Cameron Crazy
Nov 16, 2009
Is it weird that when Bo Ryan started crying for a technical foul on the jump shot and demanded the refs go over there and look at the play I started celebrating our 5th ship.

My family thought I was crazy... but their leader was desperate and pathetic.

They flashed coach K and he was a bulldog.

To me no team in the history of basketball takes on the character of their coach as a Duke team does behind K. Coach k has never been about Xs and Os, but he coaches a finer aspect of the competitive athlete and that's the will to win.

He preaches the mental aspect of the game so much that he really has these kids believing in everything he says and he is always so positive and battle ready that he is the greatest coach period.

Just look at Grayson from the beginning of the year to the end of the year. Grayson was no better at the end of the year skill wise than he was at the beginning, but at some point during the season Grayson started playing personal. Coach K coaches at a personal level. The Grayson is who is on the basketball court right now is 100% because of the influence that K has had on his confidence and his psyche. Not every kid gets this but Grayson did become what K had wanted Rasheed to become for years. Come off the bench and die for your team and we will win.

This post was edited on 4/8 2:45 PM by clg003

Ryan completely lost his composure & when rewatching game noticed Kaminsky crying to refs in last 5+ mins. Ryan distracted his own team with the ref tirades.

It's an old adage, but very true that teams take on the personality of their coach. This championship game and the aftermath was as indicative of that as anything you'll see. Duke's guys were resilient and tough-minded, and made plays under immense pressure. Ryan and his guys were left resorting to thinly veiled insults and excuses. That does not a champion make.

If I'm a Wisconsin fan ultimately I stand behind my coach because that's what you do, but I'd be angry. Due to the decisions their coach made, and the ones he inadvertently condoned and encouraged from his guys, the national conversation in regards to their team is not exclusively of praise for the remarkable two year run they've been on. Instead it centers around phrases like "poor sport" or "sore loser." His guys deserved better.

Kaminsky is the biggest crybaby in college basketball. I cant imagine K ever letting a leader on his team take on that role. This is the one ship that I actually found joy in watching the other team cry after it was over. They cried so much and so often that is the only place they deserved to be. Crybabies don't overcome they only get more ops to cry.

The tell tubby was classic and looked less pathetic than Kaminsky did. If we can somehow get the TelleTubby with Kaminsky's face on the You Mad Bo sweat shirt it would be bought for everyone in my household.

This post was edited on 4/8 3:50 PM by clg003

I think Ryan just showed himself to be a hypocrite. He wants to be a champion of rules and perfect officiating and the brave guy who stands up and speaks his mind in the face of such egregious injustice. But something tells me he had no problem with the first half officiating when his team had two total fouls, while Duke's two best players had two each. In addition, I've yet to see him scream about the terrible missed call that allowed Hayes to score the go-ahead points in the semis against UK. I mean, he is the voice of reason right?

From Bo Ryan on down (didn't see Nigel Hayes complain at all), the entire Wisconsin team complained to the refs. In almost all the game i saw them play. Bo Ryan gets on them as much and maybe more than K does. I am okay with any coach getting after the refs because they are trying to get an advantage. In fact almost all coaches do it.

When you get caught up too much in working the refs as a player, your concentration on what you are suppose to be doing, playing the game, lacks. The next thing you know you get outscored 12-5 down the stretch and finish runner up for the national title.

The balls of this dude to complain about officiating when it allowed him to face a Duke team without its top two players for most of the second half. He should be asking himself how did we lose in spite of that?

I think it was Duken who almost took tyus or allens head off on a drive looked at the ref and couldn't believe the call. I think Bo may find he hurt his program more in the future with his complaints. He may not get the generous no calls that he's been getting. His pontificating about what he teaches in practice was ridiculous. As if other coaches teach to foul. He has lost my respect. Never once did he say congrats to Duke. Even cal did that.

I don't mind Bo's in-game 'Badgering' of the refs. Coach K does a lot of that too. Duke players don't seem to whine too much, which is good. The refs definitely hosed Wiscy late in the game when it was most important, so whatever, be irate on the sideline. What I mind is Bo being a baby about it after the game is done then calling out K and Cal for recruiting top talent. Those things are just a reflection of his own shortcomings. He made himself look foolish.

And then talking about the culture at Wisconsin and getting to coach them for four years. But still in those years his players don't graduate.

Bo Ryan looked foolish the other night and I'm glad that most in the media have called him on it, as well.

649ee5c6435e382b2a517507f176fe2f_crop_north.jpg

Originally posted by timo0402:
Someone fill me in, when did he start crying for a tech?
In the second half on Tyus jump shot from the corner where the wiscy player got called for a foul when he ran into the jump shooter and Tyus elbow grazed his face. He was absolutely irate and actually made the refs go review it and he was making the technical sign with his hands. It was the shortest review in history. I guess Bo wants guys who run into a jump shooters elbows while shooting an offensive foul. Point being there leader was so desperate that his focus was on getting some BS call when his focus should have been on leading his team when it counted the most.

The basketball gods will not you win a national title by crying for total bs calls.
This post was edited on 4/8 5:28 PM by clg003

Wow, i remember when Tyus got fouled and they were going over there, my buddy and i were askign what they were looking at. We couldn't tell from the stands, so appreciate the intel. Pathetic.

Originally posted by dukiejay:
And then talking about the culture at Wisconsin and getting to coach them for four years. But still in those years his players don't graduate.

Bo Ryan looked foolish the other night and I'm glad that most in the media have called him on it, as well.
The real reason Bo doesn't take 5th-year transfers? He doesn't want actual college graduates infiltrating his program.

I kind of liked Bo the times I watched Wisconsin play this year, but after these little comments, on the biggest stage of the year, I really have no respect for him.
The way the Wisky players acted so goofy during the press conferences, and him always making jokes that weren't really funny, they just seem to be so undisciplined.
As you could see in the 2nd half of the Ship, they pretty much followed his lead when he started whining, and forget the mission at hand.
When you play Duke, you must remember the mission for 40 minutes!
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

He's just mad that Duke beat him twice this year. And both games were basically hostile environment away games for Duke.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT