ADVERTISEMENT

Bagley's knee.

It should be much easier to insert Bagley (post player) than it was Irving (point guard). Plus as someone else posted, Bagley has played more than twice the amount of games that Irving had played up to this point in the season. I'd still like to get Bags into the line up asap to work things out.

I think what’s being overlooked is the quality of opponent lately. You had a pretty rough stretch just before Bagley got hurt. The following games were not cupcakes, but not murderes row either.

However, there is a component of Star watching when Bagley plays. He’s almost unstoppable and the offense has to go through him.
Of course you are the eternal pessimist when it’s about Duke.

I think what’s being overlooked is the quality of opponent lately. You had a pretty rough stretch just before Bagley got hurt. The following games were not cupcakes, but not murderes row either.

However, there is a component of Star watching when Bagley plays. He’s almost unstoppable and the offense has to go through him.

in regards to THIS season, Vatech and #11 Clemson are in the top tier of the ACC this season
top tier: uva duke unc vatech clemson
middle: ville ncsu flastate miami cuse
bottom feeders: nd bc gt wf pitt

On my way to work today, I was randomly thinking about how versatile and how much depth was on the 2010-2011 Duke team and what might have been had Irving not gotten injured. Duke’s starting 5 of Irving, Smith, Singler, MP1, and MP2 were rolling. Then you brought Dawkins and Curry off the bench for the wing spots. Kelly and Hairston (minimal) for the Plumlees. Thornton, Curry, and Smith could all spend time at the Point Guard spot. Also, Singler could slide to the 4 spot. I watched them in Kansas City that November for the CBE Championship against Jacob Pullen and company and Kyrie and company looked phenomenal.

Reactions: DukeDenver
Just out of curiosity how many people on this board think he will be back? I am hearing more and more that his dad is getting involved and he does not want him to get hurt before the draft. I know some of this may not be true.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity how many people on this bird think he will be back? I am hearing more and more that his dad is getting involved and he does not want him to get hurt before the draft. I know some of this may not be true.
then why not just announced he is out for the year.

Buzz on campus is he's likely done but those are just rumors flying around. I'll try to dig some info up and get the inside scoop

Just out of curiosity how many people on this board think he will be back? I am hearing more and more that his dad is getting involved and he does not want him to get hurt before the draft. I know some of this may not be true.

If so that's some crap

Reactions: QC Dukie
Whatever it is, it's it obviously not mild.

We all know Duke keeps this stuff close to the chest. If he's out for the year I wish they'd just tell us.

Reactions: ioliva
we can't win it without him. to me bagley is what will put us over the top

It Is WIDE open this year! I mean we are beat one of the heavy favorites with out him.

We aren’t exactly dead in the water without him....

Somethings not right here. Dude was in shoot around just fine the other day. Hopefully he didn’t re injure it

It Is WIDE open this year! I mean we are beat one of the heavy favorites with out him.

We aren’t exactly dead in the water without him....
yeah we can beat anyone but I don't see us beating 5 good teams in a single elimination tournament without him

The program in general seems to keep injuries close to the vest, but K is a straight shooter. If he says he's close to returning, I believe him.

I don't have any idea if or when he comes back. I just wish we could get through ONE season without an injury

Let’s say Bagley comes back Saturday. If you were to tell me before the season that our only injury was to miss Bagley 4 games combined with a couple weeks of missing Javin/Bolden, I would have taken that. As long as we enter the NCAA’s with everybody.....

One silver lining...our roster is deeper in the front court.

Besides missing opportunities to see the kid dominate in a Duke uni, and the fact this injury took him out of the poy race him missing a few doesn’t bother me a ton. I feel like it’s given other opportunities and also given K trust in others. I also think Bagley can slide in without much of a ripple effect. I still don’t buy the Grayson struggle relates to Bagley. I have felt and still feel this team is built for the tourney. Largely Due to #34!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care what we've done the last 4 games. We need Bagley. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT