ADVERTISEMENT

8 Awesome Things about Coach K

OldasdirtDevil

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Nov 16, 2009
I thought this was a cool article about Coach K. It's worth a read imo. Grayson Allen gets one huge compliment (from K) in this article. It's #5 of the Awesome 8.
Here's an excerpt from the article (about storming the court against Duke):

“There are a lot of programs in the country that put their hat on winning a game. There are very few programs that put their hats on winning Championships. The last 18 years or 19 years on the road, we’ve lost I think 57 games. In 48 of those games, they stormed the court. That means that was a Championship game for that school. There’s a losing record for those teams in the next game that they play. That’s not what our program is built on. Our program is built on winning a Championship and doing it the right way.”

I'm going to miss this man when he retires...all of us are.

http://www.slamonline.com/college-hs/college/8-awesome-things-about-coach-k/#CQidZhFLYXPByfAZ.97

OFC

Last edited:
A remarkable man, leader, and coach. I'm not sure any of us will really ever fully appreciate all he has done for the program and the university.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Damn, having this man as coach is so sweet. Someone at Duke hospital needs to inject him with telomerase inhibiters. I want 30 more years.

I thought this was a cool article about Coach K. It's worth a read imo. Grayson Allen gets one huge compliment (from K) in this article. It's #5 of the Awesome 8.

“There are a lot of programs in the country that put their hat on winning a game. There are very few programs that put their hats on winning Championships. The last 18 years or 19 years on the road, we’ve lost I think 57 games. In 48 of those games, they stormed the court. That means that was a Championship game for that school. There’s a losing record for those teams in the next game that they play. That’s not what our program is built on. Our program is built on winning a Championship and doing it the right way.”

http://www.slamonline.com/college-hs/college/8-awesome-things-about-coach-k/#CQidZhFLYXPByfAZ.97

OFC
Sometimes I wonder that even now we don't really understand how great Coach K is. I for from time to time take him for granted. Sure gonna miss him when that time comes. There will joy and dancing on Franklin St. when that comes though. Just hoping he gives us a few more years on excitement and thrils while he gives UNC nation heart break , discomfort and frustration. OFC

Sky- on that note, completely agree- have to cherrish every second you have left with the GOAT, just never know when we'll see those moments again. Guy has absolutely done it all, and keeps the fire boiling hot, which is arguably the most impressive part about him. Even after all these years and everything he's accomplished, watching his reactions during the games when things go well still inspires and excites me. He gives it everything.

It is crazy to think: who in the world, no matter what they do, is great at their job every single day? He has an incredibly high profile and high stress job, and the man is "on" all the time.

OFC

I'll ask you since you seem to be the Godfather of the board. How do you post videos/photos.

I'll ask you since you seem to be the Godfather of the board. How do you post videos/photos.

Now I've been called a lot of things before, Dad2ze...but Godfather (of the board...or anything) isn't one of them.:D

Okay, you have all the 'symbols' above (when you're making a post). One of them is the 'image' symbol...which is the next symbol to the right of the 'smiley' symbol.
You click that symbol and it brings up a box that allows you to 'paste' a url for a picture.
Now, you'll need a picture hosting site to upload pictures to before downloading to here. Copy the 'url' of the photo and then paste it into the image box on this site. Some of the picture hosting sites are Photobucket, Flickr, etc. I use Photobucket...and it's free (unless you want extra storage).

Now if you want to post a video, say from Youtube you can do that directly to this site by copying the 'url' (that's the address of the video) on here directly. The 'Video' symbol is next to the 'image' symbol above...and all you have to do is 'copy' a url of a Youtube video (and certain others) and paste it directly into the box that pops up when you click on the 'video' symbol. That embeds the video directly.

I don't know if this is too confusing or not, but if it is let me know what part you understand (or not), and I'll try to explain it better. It really isn't that hard...if you've got the right person to explain it...and I'm probably not the best at doing that.

OFC

Now I've been called a lot of things before, Dad2ze...but Godfather (of the board...or anything) isn't one of them.:D

Okay, you have all the 'symbols' above (when you're making a post). One of them is the 'image' symbol...which is the next symbol to the right of the 'smiley' symbol.
You click that symbol and it brings up a box that allows you to 'paste' a url for a picture.
Now, you'll need a picture hosting site to upload pictures to before downloading to here. Copy the 'url' of the photo and then paste it into the image box on this site. Some of the picture hosting sites are Photobucket, Flickr, etc. I use Photobucket...and it's free (unless you want extra storage).

Now if you want to post a video, say from Youtube you can do that directly to this site by copying the 'url' (that's the address of the video) on here directly. The 'Video' symbol is next to the 'image' symbol above...and all you have to do is 'copy' a url of a Youtube video (and certain others) and paste it directly into the box that pops up when you click on the 'video' symbol. That embeds the video directly.

I don't know if this is too confusing or not, but if it is let me know what part you understand (or not), and I'll try to explain it better. It really isn't that hard...if you've got the right person to explain it...and I'm probably not the best at doing that.

OFC
Not confusing at all. I wanna upload a YouTube video of a phone call between a buddy of mine and Coach K before he passed.

Thanks,

Don

Not confusing at all. I wanna upload a YouTube video of a phone call between a buddy of mine and Coach K before he passed.

Thanks,

Don

Great, glad I could help a little.
I would certainly be interested in watching/hearing that phone call...and I'm sure many others on here would too.

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT