ADVERTISEMENT

#6 today

Pretty meaningless all things considered. 5-6-7 who cares. Hopefully we can get some healthy bodies back, get grayson some rest and start building towards what we know we can be. I always enjoy reading the comments on ESPN when the rankings come out each week. You'll find some of the dumbest posters on the internet there each and every week without fail.

Reactions: tw3301
Six is fine. I honestly thought Duke would fall given the short bench and injuries to Grayson and Jeter.
I don't think the loss to KU hurt Duke that much it's more are we gonna have players left coming into the new year!

We're almost to the point where the injured players would make up a better team than those not injured. :/
I'm looking forward to the team getting healthy.

Reactions: gottagonow
#1 to #6 this early in the season is just not very relevant.

More concerned with the health of the players then an opinion poll, I doubt I'm the only one.

Reactions: KellenPatrick
Surprised to see us fall as far as number 6, I thought maybe 3 or 4 but I assume they have quit giving us much credit for the injured guys on the bench. I guess the pollsters are not as sympathetic to Duke as our fans are. It's hard to believe the crap thats happened to us this year.

You can't really count players who haven't played and no one knows for sure as far as when they will start their college playing days.

It just isn't helping seeing three injured and every game it seems another player is getting dinged up

We gotta stay positive, think what's going through the players' heads right now. I have to believe that things are going to start trending upward in the coming weeks. We're banged up and look a helluva lot better than many of the teams I've seen the past week. Oregon looks atrocious right now. Remember championships are won in April.

You can't really evaluate this team with 3 five star recruits sitting on the bench in street clothes. Most teams would pay just to have 1 on their roster. Duke has 3 on their bench. Let that sink in for a second.....

I hate injuries but I'd rather have them now than later

Starts for UNC tonight when they play the D2 powerhouse Chaminade Silverswords...

I'm just happy we don't have to play them. The only way Chaminade can pull off a win is jet lag for the heels, horrible officiating against the heels, and the time change going against the heels and all the injuries the tar heels have. Wait a minute all of that will happen. Excuses are covered. OFC

I'm just happy we don't have to play them. The only way Chaminade can pull off a win is jet lag for the heels, horrible officiating against the heels, and the time change going against the heels and all the injuries the tar heels have. Wait a minute all of that will happen. Excuses are covered. OFC

The true test of what unc is made of will come when we square off with Indiana and Kentucky. Beating scrub teams isn't much, although I am optimistic from what I've seen so far, especially from Joel berry and Tony Bradley.

Lower than I thought since Oregon lost at #4 and we beat a ranked team, but I'm cool with it as long as they give us our due once we are healthy. Now if we are at full health wiping the floor with people and they aren't jumping us over teams just bc they haven't lost, then I'll be a tad pissed. They always tend to get cute with the polls every year, not that it ever truly matters in the end.

The true test of what unc is made of will come when we square off with Indiana and Kentucky. Beating scrub teams isn't much, although I am optimistic from what I've seen so far, especially from Joel berry and Tony Bradley.

Something else how the Holes have played absolutely nobody so far.

If there are five better teams than this Duke team then next spring will see one loaded field. You don't even have to have 1/4th of a brain to see how loaded this Duke roster is. It's so loaded that Kansas at full strength needed a last second shot to basically beat Duke's B-Team. You sit three guys of Tatum/Giles/Bolden's caliber off Kentucky or UNC'S teams plus sit a fourth big (Jeter) and I don't believe either team even wins the HOF tip off classic as Duke did.

Just returning Tatum and Bolden to the Duke lineup makes the Devils incredibly formidable both inside and out. Unless injuries just derail the train completely, I'll put this Duke squad up against what anybody else has come April 2017. (And anyone who has read my scribes over the years knows I don't make overly bold statements unless I truly believe it. I've never ever been a "rah rah my team rulez yours sux" type of blind fan.)

Last edited:

Same for UK. Games with UCLA, UNC, KU, & UL, will tell where we are pre-conference.
Of course, with 5 Fr seeing lots of clock, we should improve greatly.

Same with Duke (with injuries..all Fr..) only pt will tell where Duke is. A healthy Duke will be a top 1/2/3 team, depending on when good health comes and for which players or how many.

Last edited:
Ya'll could get a battle tonight against an interesting OK State squad. Wish it didn't tip off so late.

I think Oklahoma State's biggest struggle tonight will be finding a way to score consistently. UNC rarely loses to teams with a similar makeup as this Cowboys team.

@Mark Gastineau

Looks like I was wrong. We wiped the floor with OSU tonight. Some turnovers and lack of defensive rebounding, but solid win all around. Wisconsin will be a solid test.
You guys were extremely impressive against OSU. Any Duke fans watching last night and listening to Jay Bilas- well if you had a negative opinion of his commentary after last Tuesday, I can suffice to say it ain't any better after him drueling over unc all night. Had to flip the channels a few times because it was that nauseating- combined with how well unc played.

I have 4 letters for you IPFW. This is why I don't pay attention to early in- season rankings.

The third best team in the country is Indiana according to the polls....come on now

You guys were extremely impressive against OSU. Any Duke fans watching last night and listening to Jay Bilas- well if you had a negative opinion of his commentary after last Tuesday, I can suffice to say it ain't any better after him drueling over unc all night. Had to flip the channels a few times because it was that nauseating- combined with how well unc played.

He can be hard to listen to when he does a Duke game or a UNC game. If you didn't know any better you would think he was a Hole Grad. He apparently is afraid of being labeled a Duke homer like they did with Dickie V. Nevermind that Coach K has built one of the best programs in all of sports, just don't praise Coach K or his program because you are afraid of what another fan base might say about you.

Reactions: jeans15
Agreed I think that will be a good test for us. They have a good defense and they like to spread the floor.

UNC will walk through Wisconsin also tonight. As hard as it is to say they are going to be very good this year. They actually have some guys that can knock down the 3 with regularity and that opens the floor for the guys that love to penetrate.

I will say that in the brief few minutes of that game I saw, I think Bradley and Robinson might already be better than Hicks and Meeks.

Reactions: skysdad
Kudos on the solid win. Looking forward to the matchup against Wisconsin.

Much obliged. Wisconsin is no cake walk so we'll see how we fair against them.

See I actually like Bilas. I think he's a solid commentator. I know he's a duke grad and it may appear as though he doesn't want to be labeled a homer, but the fact that he's trying to be somewhat impartial is refreshing.

I will say that in the brief few minutes of that game I saw, I think Bradley and Robinson might already be better than Hicks and Meeks.

Bradley is already a force. The more he plays, the more I realize just how valuable he'll be for us this year. Robinson has also been impressive. Woods has been up and down (he didn't play very well last night) and he's still not 100%, but they'll all go through some growing pains as freshman usually do.

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT