ADVERTISEMENT

#1 in Coaches Poll

Berry isn't going to be much of an NBA player, but in college I take him over every single player you listed. I don't like him, but he's really, really good.

Berry's scoring numbers will rise....no doubt about it. I'd say he's around 16-18ppg.
I respectfully disagree but I may be wrong. We'll see soon enough. Either way, the season is upon us. Exciting time to be Blue Devil fans!

I respectfully disagree but I may be wrong. We'll see soon enough. Either way, the season is upon us. Exciting time to be Blue Devil fans!

I just think great players rise up in situations like these....and I'm expecting Berry to have a really good senior season. He's too good not to, IMO.

Berry isn't going to be much of an NBA player, but in college I take him over every single player you listed. I don't like him, but he's really, really good.

Berry's scoring numbers will rise....no doubt about it. I'd say he's around 16-18ppg.
I think of him as a combo guard rather than a true point. It seems to me that scoring PGs often need better casts around them b/c they aren't facilitating offense for others as often. Jackson, Britt, and Pinson all provided some traditional PG skills that lightened the load for Berry. He is very, very good and his scoring will be even better this year, but I'm not convinced he's going to elevate his teammates' play as much.

I think of him as a combo guard rather than a true point. It seems to me that scoring PGs often need better casts around them b/c they aren't facilitating offense for others as often. Jackson, Britt, and Pinson all provided some traditional PG skills that lightened the load for Berry. He is very, very good and his scoring will be even better this year, but I'm not convinced he's going to elevate his teammates' play as much.

Pinson is still there, and I think Felton has a good freshman season too. I see UNC as a top three team in the ACC and probably a 3-4 seed next March in the NCAAT.

Pinson is still there, and I think Felton has a good freshman season too. I see UNC as a top three team in the ACC and probably a 3-4 seed next March in the NCAAT.
I've learned not to count Roy out when it comes to shaping a team.

The Holes can be a top 3 in conference play in my opinion only if at least one of their bigs is solid for them. If not, I believe they will really struggle, which they deserve to.
Berry is good, but the Tar Hole System is designed to pound the glass. Look at their losses last year. Did they win when they were out rebounded?

Reactions: hart2chesson
The Holes can be a top 3 in conference play in my opinion only if at least one of their bigs is solid for them. If not, I believe they will really struggle, which they deserve to.
Berry is good, but the Tar Hole System is designed to pound the glass. Look at their losses last year. Did they win when they were out rebounded?

They are all about pounding the glass and playing VB on offensive rebounds. Dont forget the great Jay Bilas comment: "sometimes North Carolina's best offense is a missed shot, because of their offensive rebounding!" Thats not a common theme this year as they run a committee of young and unheralded bigs inside along with Luke Maye. I think Berry's great, but w/o Jackson and the inside guys faces much more pressure.

I just dont see them as a 3-4 seed, because its not Roy's type team chewing the glass. Duke should dominate paint and glass everytime vs UNC.....Pinson does some nice things but I am fine w/him launching 20 footers- he has no confidence in his shot.

OFC

Reactions: Mac9192
The only way UNC gets a 3-seed or better is if Big Luke Maye clones himself into Bigger Luke Maye.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT