ADVERTISEMENT

“Complex” Basketball

WI#1Dukie22

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Jan 17, 2008
Apparently the UN-Cheat basketball system is suddenly a very complex thing?? Anybody else finding the humor in this??

I’ve even heard from a great source :D it’s cold hard fact Zion would be struggling with this complex brand of ball

Jesus H the spin factory over there in Roy Land has reached new levels

GTHC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
In Gary’s defense, Zion would struggle in Roy’s system. It’s hard to score sitting on the bench and the strategy behind having your best players come off the bench and play around 20 mins per game is on a level of complexity that would baffle even the Einstein’s, Gate’s, Jobbs’, and Hawking’s of the world.

In Gary’s defense, Zion would struggle in Roy’s system. It’s hard to score sitting on the bench and the strategy behind having your best players come off the bench and play around 20 mins per game is on a level of complexity that would baffle even the Einstein’s, Gate’s, Jobbs’, and Hawking’s of the world.
If you compare Little’s minutes the minutes of our 4 freshmen. Cam is averaging the fewest minutes out of our, freshmen but he’s still averaging 4 more minutes than Little.

Last edited:
It’s nothing more than justification for not landing the top talent they seek. Go after top recruit, buy into the belief that he’ll choose UNC, lose out on top recruit, justify why. Wash rinse repeat. It likely started out as a means of coping and now they have bought into it hook line and sinker. They genuinely believe that their system is too complex for the immature minds that only care about their AAU mixtapes and NBA career.

They fell assbackwards into a system where they landed the top talent that is just below the tier of players that declare after 1 year, which resulted in a crop of talented 3-4 year players. Rather than just admitting it and being thankful for it, they have lashed out at the coaches who do land the best of the best.

I'm sorry that you guys just can't grasp the extreme complexities of Tar Heel basketball. Obviously not everyone can. The Tar Heel system has been honed over the years, and now with Roy in control the analytics have evolved to the point it takes a UNC player with well nigh a full fledged 3rd grade reading comprehension to understand. The coaches, and assorted coaching mafia types are held to even higher standards and much meet the rigorous requirements of a 4th grade edumacation. As you can see these qualifications are impossible and are what clearly separates them as Heels, and us as Dukies. Live with it.

Here is a highly technical book that was carelessly left behind by one of the players. And below that is also a photo that was taken at a hush-hush training facility which is a state of the art aid in developing players to have a nose for the ball. We are at a competitive disadvantage. Again I say, live with it, it's all we can do.

lOxUFCS.jpg

JOoNGpo.jpg

OFC

Last edited:
It’s nothing more than justification for not landing the top talent they seek. Go after top recruit, buy into the belief that he’ll choose UNC, lose out on top recruit, justify why. Wash rinse repeat. It likely started out as a means of coping and now they have bought into it hook line and sinker. They genuinely believe that their system is too complex for the immature minds that only care about their AAU mixtapes and NBA career.

They fell assbackwards into a system where they landed the top talent that is just below the tier of players that declare after 1 year, which resulted in a crop of talented 3-4 year players. Rather than just admitting it and being thankful for it, they have lashed out at the coaches who do land the best of the best.

I’m not sure there’s anything more to add, really. This nails their thought process.

To be honest with you guys I don't think Zion, R.J. Cam or Tre could play in unc's complicated system. If fact I don't believe we have a player on this team that could understand it. That's probably why hof coach roy williams didn't recruit any of the current Duke players. guru gary -7 is the best basketball guru for a reason. ESPN needs to hire this guy. guru gary-7 if for some reason you can read this. YOU'RE AWESOME MAN! OFC

Don’t even try and argue your POV because you’re wrong. And if you don’t understand why it is you’re just too stupid to understand basketball. Nas isn’t playing bc their best player is in his spot at the 3, and you can’t possibly play two players of similar skill sets at the same time bc positionless basketball is just a recruiting tool to con dumb aau players to join up. Sure i know what you’re thinking, didn’t some unc fans think they had Zion prior to his commitment to duke, and didn’t Roy already have Nas locked up and have Cam for next year? Crazy that three guys who would all play the same position be on the same roster.

The only thing complex anout the unc system is when will Roy decide to take a time out. They've been harping about how K has had to dumb down his offensive sets so his freshmen one and dones can understand the system easily now for a couple of years. They are an elite basketball program and I guess they must have a complex system to remain elite. Now someone please tell me this. If Ole Roy is so brilliant about his system why would he not make it easier for his players to learn. Guess Roy says on day one that I'll really confuse my players and make it difficult to win games by making my system hard to learn. Damn, damn, damn, this stuff that comes out of Garys and DSouthrs mouths is 1000 times more stupid and difficult than Roys offense is to learn. We have entered the Twilight Zone for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: skysdad
You get extra schrute bucks for wins when you don’t dumb down your system, and you get five stanley nickels for losses when you play someone who has dumbed down their system.

Don’t they mostly run a motion offense. Which is dukes base offense too. Duke does run more iso plays from what I can tell which you should when you have had such great guards and wings off the bounce.

Don’t they mostly run a motion offense. Which is dukes base offense too. Duke does run more iso plays from what I can tell which you should when you have had such great guards and wings off the bounce.

Their offense is most successful when they get out in transition and rim run for offensive rebounds. My apologies for not dumbing that down for us simple folks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT