ADVERTISEMENT

Zion Dunk Tracker

OldasdirtDevil

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Nov 16, 2009
I've edited the title, and the original post (see Sky's or Dadz's reply for the original).

Thanks go to Dad2ze for the dunk stats of Zion in the first 3 games.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Duke vs Kentucky Zion dunks: 3

Duke vs Army Zion dunks: 1

Duke vs Eastern Michigan Zion dunks: 6 (whew, that's a career for some!)

OFC

Last edited:
I know we've got so much hype going on about Zion, but the kid is just so exciting to watch and it helps to bring a little extra something to the table when watching Duke.

So, would anyone like to see a thread tracking the number of his dunks in a game? There have been only 3 games so far, and I don't know how many dunks he has had in each game, but I'm sure some of you guys know or can check out a dvr of the games (I don't have a dvr at this time).

Or DJ, maybe you could put up a dunk tracker for Zion. I don't know if you would want to or not.
Anyway, here are the first three games...anyone have a total for each game? I know he had at least 4 dunks against Eastern Michigan, but I wasn't thinking about keeping track at the time.

Duke vs Kentucky Zion dunks: ?

Duke vs Army Zion dunks: ?

Duke vs Eastern Michigan Zion dunks: ?

Okay, anyone got any numbers for these games?

OFC

I like this suggestion dirt. By the way skysdad really appreciates your support even though he goes into those senior moments from time to time. OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I know we've got so much hype going on about Zion, but the kid is just so exciting to watch and it helps to bring a little extra something to the table when watching Duke.

So, would anyone like to see a thread tracking the number of his dunks in a game? There have been only 3 games so far, and I don't know how many dunks he has had in each game, but I'm sure some of you guys know or can check out a dvr of the games (I don't have a dvr at this time).

Or DJ, maybe you could put up a dunk tracker for Zion. I don't know if you would want to or not.
Anyway, here are the first three games...anyone have a total for each game? I know he had at least 4 dunks against Eastern Michigan, but I wasn't thinking about keeping track at the time.

Duke vs Kentucky Zion dunks: ?

Duke vs Army Zion dunks: ?

Duke vs Eastern Michigan Zion dunks: ?

Okay, anyone got any numbers for these games?

OFC

UK - 3
Army - 1
EMU - 6

This is per the highlight reels for every point scored off of dunks from Zion.

UK - 3
Army - 1
EMU - 6

This is per the highlight reels for every point scored off of dunks from Zion.

Thank you, Dadz!
Now that we're caught up, shouldn't be too hard to keep track.

Also in that Eastern Michigan game, Duke, as a team, had 14 dunks! That might be some kind of record right there!

I'll update the original post with the numbers.

OFC

Last edited:
I like this suggestion dirt. By the way skysdad really appreciates your support even though he goes into those senior moments from time to time. OFC

Thanks, Ponarkel, and I'm always glad to hear from you! That dang Sky is the bee's knees, and he knows I've always got his six...no matter how many senior moments he has!

OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: Dad2ze and skysdad
Thank you, Dadz!
Now that we're caught up, shouldn't be too hard to keep track.

Also in that Eastern Michigan game, Duke, as a team, had 14 dunks! That might be some kind of record right there!

I'll update the original post with the numbers.

OFC
No worries. I found every game except UK. They had Zion and RJ highlights up sooooo I had to sit through and watch them all again. :D:D:D

If we can add some highlight videos to this one, I’ll pin it. We can make it a Duke dunk tracker, because a lot of guys are going to get some nice looks.

Gameball tracker has also been pinned and locked up top

If we can add some highlight videos to this one, I’ll pin it. We can make it a Duke dunk tracker, because a lot of guys are going to get some nice looks.

Gameball tracker has also been pinned and locked up top

@dukehokie

All that would be great, dukehokie! Change the title of the thread, and/or my post to whatever is needed, or just scrap it and start another thread if you need to. Sorry if I was presumptuous in starting a tracking thread. Just thought it would be fun to keep track of Zion's dunks (and all of the Duke dunks), 'cause this team might be another Phi Slama Jama!

OFC

@dukehokie

All that would be great, dukehokie! Change the title of the thread, and/or my post to whatever is needed, or just scrap it and start another thread if you need to. Sorry if I was presumptuous in starting a tracking thread. Just thought it would be fun to keep track of Zion's dunks (and all of the Duke dunks), 'cause this team might be another Phi Slama Jama!

OFC

Hahah not at all dirt. I love the thread. I definitely want to pin this one. It’ll be nice to look back at the highlights!

I honestly thought that lib from Reddish was going into the stands. It looked way too high. I was amazed he got it at all, let alone with 2 hands.

At Maui, against SDSU.

7YbDfKt.gif

OFC

UK - 3
Army - 1
EMU - 6
San Diego St. - 1

11 total and counting

Thanks for the update, Dadz! I thought Zion only had one (the windmill), but I was interrupted several times during the game and I wasn't sure if I missed one.

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
Thanks for the update, Dadz! I thought Zion only had one (the windmill), but I was interrupted several times during the game and I wasn't sure if I missed one.

OFC
I had to miss the game for a funeral. I saw the stats/highlights and could t believe it was only one. The good thing is he’s scoring from the outside which is making people second guess how to actually guard him.

I think I may be off by 1. I just read that Zion has 12 dunks on the season. Unless they counted one of his layups as a dunk. Anyone have any better insight?

Anybody want to make an over and under bet on how many dunks Zion misses this year? (1)

I think I may be off by 1. I just read that Zion has 12 dunks on the season. Unless they counted one of his layups as a dunk. Anyone have any better insight?

I've looked at the highlights that I can find, and I don't know where the missing dunk came from...if he does have 12.
Zion didn't get a dunk against Auburn...his first dunkless game.

OFC

6 is right for tonight.

Thanks, Dadz, glad you confirmed that.

I'm still not sure if he has an extra dunk among the earlier games, so I left them the way they are...for now. If someone can verify more dunks than shown, please let Dadze or me know.

OFC

I've looked at the highlights that I can find, and I don't know where the missing dunk came from...if he does have 12.
Zion didn't get a dunk against Auburn...his first dunkless game.

OFC
Any blown dunks or did he just not attempt any?

Zion Dunk Update

UK - 3
Army - 1
EMU - 6
San Diego St. - 1
Auburn - 0
Gonzaga -1 Zion also missed his 1st dunk of the year
Indiana - 6
Stetson - 2

***feel free to make corrections if I missed any***

Zion Dunk Update