ADVERTISEMENT

You were gifted that game by the refs at the end

Is this the official troll thread? Mods please ban and lock up. OFC
Seriously. Not to get on the mods, but why is this still up? If any thread like this was done on another board, it'd be done within minutes. I know we allow more than most, but this was not done with the intent for civil discussion. A clear troll job and it does nothing for us. Should have been gone a while ago.

Awww poor little Inbred, him whining!

giphy.gif

Ummmmm... re-read that. I’m fairly sure he’s parodying a typical UK fan.

Reactions: retiredsoldier
Seriously. Not to get on the mods, but why is this still up? If any thread like this was done on another board, it'd be done within minutes. I know we allow more than most, but this was not done with the intent for civil discussion. A clear troll job and it does nothing for us. Should have been gone a while ago.

Three posters have been banned in this thread. They’re gone.

Besides, we lock this one, and another will pop up. I’d rather let this one die it’s slow and painful death than do it over and over....and over.

Also. I welcome the opposition over here. It’s a strange form of flattery, but flattery it is.

The truth is that we all view the game through fan-colored glasses. We miss the calls that benefit us and focus on the ones that don’t go our way. Looking at this game objectively, there were good and bad calls on both sides. The refs didn’t win this for us. Duke won it and UCF lost it. We honestly got lucky down the stretch.

Let opposing fans vent, and mock them for being pathetic for buying into conspiracy theories. Laugh at Kentucky fans for having 100+ pages about Duke on their front page. To co-opt the current phrase, we live rent free in their heads. We broke Kentucky, Carolina and a few other teams out there. Take solace in that.

Oh no, DONT shut this down... it’s way too entertaining.
I agree, we are getting this entertainment for free. I just have to make sure I read it as fast as possible. Don't want any of the stupidity to rub off.

Every single game has calls and no calls that refs mess up. It's just a part of the game. Every game.

Last edited:
I do not USUALLY complain that we lost bc of officiating. I do say that it affects some games

Show me a fanbase that doesn't have some fans who blame every loss on officials, and I'll show you something you made up!!

I've never watched a game ever that I didn't see bad calls or bad no calls, but I think the ones near the end of the game get more attention.

Cry about it

If the missed calls on Duke went uncalled the other way around I guarentee Duke fans would be up in arms about the officiating. You claim that UCF benefited more bit I think the refs more than made up for it on Dukes part the last minute of the game when it mattered the most they are the real MVP

If the missed calls on Duke went uncalled the other way around I guarentee Duke fans would be up in arms about the officiating. You claim that UCF benefited more bit I think the refs more than made up for it on Dukes part the last minute of the game when it mattered the most they are the real MVP

The refs handed UCF 5 points and extra 2 fouls. Run along

Uh, no. Missed calls DID hurt us.

What makes a difference is who WINS. We won, so we aren’t as upset at the BS Reddish block foul or the non-calls on Tacko or that ridiculous shot clock violation. The people who lost, they are MORE upset.

And no, the refs weren’t the MVP. Don’t be dumb. Zion was the MVP.

You're probably right, to an extent. But don't think for a second there weren't a lot of Duke fans upset with the officiating, too. Unfortunately, the team who loses is always going to have the biggest gripe. We've felt it before.

What missed calls in the last minute? The flop? Lol.....

I'm biased toward Duke, and I won't say otherwise, but if this game were dissected from beginning to end, frame by frame (like THR dissected the last 2 minutes of the SubZero dagger game:cool:) then I feel confident Duke would benefit more from missed calls than UCF. That said, what frickin' difference does it make, 'cause it doesn't change a damn thing. Duke won, UCF lost. It's in the record book, and that's how it will remain for the rest of time.

OFC

Last edited:
Take the refs out of it haters, the refs were bad both ways.....As someone said Tacko was allowed 8 or 9 fouls, and the shot clock violation isnt getting any 2nd guessing by the anti-Duke universe.....Enough about the refs.

Biggest turnaround? IMO, Cam nailing a 3 after UCF botched an alley-oop that would have put them up 6.....If UCF makes the alley oop and we dont score, we probably have to start fouling....Refs had NO BEARING on that 5 point swing....OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT