ADVERTISEMENT

World Cup

France 2-0. I enjoy watching them, their speed is ridiculous. Mbappe is gonna be a force for a long time. Pogba is unreal in the middle, controls the whole game.

I think it would be more than 2-0, but I expect FR to have a 2 goal lead fairly early in the 2nd half, at which point they'll go into bunker mode and stop trying to score.

My first impression is I’d be mad as hell as much as teams delay playing burning the clock .... If I were playing I’d fight lmao ...

France 2-0. I enjoy watching them, their speed is ridiculous. Mbappe is gonna be a force for a long time. Pogba is unreal in the middle, controls the whole game.
I don’t even know how to evaluate soccer and give an opinion, but I like watching it ..sometimes

I will say again that it's nice to have some people to talk soccer with. I don't have many of those in my life, haha.

Reactions: DukeDenver
It’s a clever joke, but the too many players/talent argument is a valid one.
Sure, just not when it’s beaten in the ground 9999 different ways.

Plus it’s not prove-able either way, so it’s just stupid. I’m of the belief that last years team just got unlucky. If anything, we needed another shooter who was a better defender/stronger than Alex.

Looking forward to the 3rd place game tomorrow.

I've got Belgium this morning. I think they'll pull this one out. Martinez is familiar with English tactics and a lot of these Belgian players are in the EPL. I think they take it.

Reactions: jwill133
Really wanted to see an England vs France final, and have a feeling England falls on their face against Belgium in the 3rd place game with or without Trippier. Think Belgium wins like 3-1 or 4-1 and LuKaku may end up taking the Golden Boot trophy from Kane.

Just call me Nostradamus. Belgium outclassed England today.

Reactions: dbav
I’m predicting France will go up 2-1, then Croatia ties it up 2-2. They go to extra time and Croatia notches the game winner in the 2nd half of extra time to win their 1st World Cup. The Comeback Croatians will not be denied.

Reactions: hpnole and dbav
I’m predicting France will go up 2-1, then Croatia ties it up 2-2. They go to extra time and Croatia notches the game winner in the 2nd half of extra time to win their 1st World Cup. The Comeback Croatians will not be denied.

I like that prediction, haha. Croatia certainly has the experience with extra time in this tournament. I'm looking forward to the game.

Really good energy to this match. Both teams are really loose and there's a lot of talent out there. I'm pretty happy so far.

You may be on to something

Reactions: dbav
That could open the floodgates. Croatia will be flying forward now. It'll be wide open at the back.

Heck of a World Cup Final. France is very deserving of the Championship. They were the 2nd youngest team in the tournament this year. Will be interesting to see if they improve with a legitimate chance to repeat in 2022 or if they will choke like recent past defending Champions Italy, Spain, and Germany.

Reactions: GillJET and dbav
Heck of a World Cup Final. France is very deserving of the Championship. They were the 2nd youngest team in the tournament this year. Will be interesting to see if they improve with a legitimate chance to repeat in 2022 or if they will choke like recent past defending Champions Italy, Spain, and Germany.

The French speed was too much to handle. Once they hit the wings, it was all over for Croatia. Deserving champions. The offense was loose and Varane was a boss in the back.

I really do think MBAPPE is going to be in consideration of GOAT status as long as he stays healthy by the time his playing days are over, look out Pele.

It isn't really about "choking" on the repeat. This Fr team, young as it is, will play a TON of FB over the next 4 years. Most of them are stars on top tier club teams that are likely to play a lot of FB in league, Europa, or Champions league games, which could go well into next May. To be followed by qualifying for the Euros in 2020. Followed by another long season. Followed by the Actual Euros in 2020. Followed by another long season. Followed by qualifying for the 24 WC. Followed by another long season. Followed by the WC.
Successful players and teams, if the NT has a lot of success, can find themselves playing FB nearly year round. After 3-4 years, it can weigh on a team, both physically, mentally, and possibly actual injuries.

Reactions: jrtplaya
Good game,congratulations to France,i'm glad it did not go down to penalty kicks,i didn't like the hand ball call,it hit his hand for sure,but play on would have been a better call in my opinion..oh well,next up The Open Championship...who ya got?? if Rory's on his game (which he has not been) I like him or Justin Rose from Europe..from the other side of the Atlantic I like Ricki Fowler...it's time for him to get his first major

He hasnt done much this year, but Jordan Spieth is rested and ready to go. I like his chances of defending the '17 crown...

OFC

Good game,congratulations to France,i'm glad it did not go down to penalty kicks,i didn't like the hand ball call,it hit his hand for sure,but play on would have been a better call

Yeah, that was a tough penalty. The ball took a deflection. I guess they based it on how his arm was positioned.

It didn't look like the ref wanted to change the decision after the review but the booth sort of made him. It was a weird circumstance.

Feel bad for Croatia. They played really, really well the first 60 minutes or so. Pogba's goal, which put France up 3-1, seemed to deflate the Croatian side quite a bit... But they had some bad luck with the own-goal and hand-ball. We really didn't see France's speed and counterattacks on display until the second half. At that point, Croatia was down a goal and they were pressing forward. Croatia had twice as many shots, 66% of the possessions, and they completed their passes at a much higher rate than France, 83% to 68%. France is a world-class team, though, and they're certainly deserving.

It was a fun World Cup. But I really hope we don't ever see unbalanced brackets like that again. I believe the 3 best teams were all on the left side of the bracket: France, Belgium, and Brazil... France is likely to be the favorites in the next several major international competitions... Mbappe is unreal. I'm not sure I've ever seen someone race down the field with pace quite like that.

Good game,congratulations to France,i'm glad it did not go down to penalty kicks,i didn't like the hand ball call,it hit his hand for sure,but play on would have been a better call in my opinion..oh well,next up The Open Championship...who ya got?? if Rory's on his game (which he has not been) I like him or Justin Rose from Europe..from the other side of the Atlantic I like Ricki Fowler...it's time for him to get his first major

I was OK with the handball, but the foul and free kick on the first goal probably should have been reviewed.
Even so, Croatia played very physical, much like in the England game, and should have had more yellows to start the game.

Well, it's been 4 years... Still haven't gotten over this missed shot, in the 93rd minute, which would have sealed a victory over Belgium in the Round of 16. How do you miss a shot that close?

Well, it's been 4 years... Still haven't gotten over this missed shot, in the 93rd minute, which would have sealed a victory over Belgium in the Round of 16. How do you miss a shot that close?

That was not an easy one-timer. The ball is coming down slowly out of the sky and the keeper is sliding in 2 feet away. Had he just conservatively legged it forward, the keeper blocks it. He was going for a chip, which takes ridiculous skill off the volley.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT