ADVERTISEMENT

Who would you like to see Grayson play for in the NBA?

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
It's pretty much a given that both Marvin and Wendell are lottery picks and as for Duvall and Gary I have no idea where they will end up. I want Grayson to go to the Celtics. I really over the years have never had a favorite team. At times I've been a Sixer, Celtic, San Antoino, Utah and the old Charlotte Hornets depending on who played for those teams. The reason for the Celtics is because they are young and hungry. Grayson would fit right in. He would have time to hone his skills and become a better all around player including defense. With a coach like Brad Stevens who is fast becoming one of the best and very soon may be the best coach in the NBA it's a perfect situation for Grayson. OFC

It's pretty much a given that both Marvin and Wendell are lottery picks and as for Duvall and Gary I have no idea where they will end up. I want Grayson to go to the Celtics. I really over the years have never had a favorite team. At times I've been a Sixer, Celtic, San Antoino, Utah and the old Charlotte Hornets depending on who played for those teams. The reason for the Celtics is because they are young and hungry. Grayson would fit right in. He would have time to hone his skills and become a better all around player including defense. With a coach like Brad Stevens who is fast becoming one of the best and very soon may be the best coach in the NBA it's a perfect situation for Grayson. OFC
I’d like to see him go to the Celtics as well because that’ll be 3 former Duke players playing for them and with the way the Celtics are trending that’ll be more former Duke players that’ll have a chance to win an NBA Championship in the near future.

Celtics or Hornets. Think he'd be great with Brad Stevens.

76’s, Hornets, Spurs or Lakers. Rumor is the Magic are hoping he’s still there in the second round for their pic.

As for the Hornets I’ll take Kevin Knox or Bridges from MSU( prefer Knox).

76’s, Hornets, Spurs or Lakers. Rumor is the Magic are hoping he’s still there in the second round for their pic.

As for the Hornets I’ll take Kevin Knox or Bridges from MSU( prefer Knox).
I see a lot of people wanting Bridges to the Hornets, but I don't like it. At his best, he'll be a better version of MKG, but if we keep MKG that'll be positional redundancy. If we manage to get rid of him and his terrible contract, I'd be all right with that pick.

Reactions: sheyduke
Sky i always laugh at this because each year every fan base is always like i hope so and so goes to the spurs. Now it’s the Celtics. I absolutely hope he goes there bc it would be 3 duke guys there but it is comical to me each year that the discussion happens. The spurs the Celtics the heat usually are the best run franchises so it’s absolutely where i want our guys to go to. Players at those franchises always fit in because they’re so well run.

I root for all our Duke basketball players in the NBA, but I can't help but to pull a little extra hard for Grayson.

OFC

Nothing against our OAD's, but I cant help but pull a little harder for the Grayson and Quinn's because they gave us 4 years....You really get to know and get attached to those guys. Thats probably the reason I was pulling for JJ against the Celtics as well.

OFC

I'm a Laker fan and he would be great pick at #25 for them I think. They traded Clarkson and Caldwell-Pope only had the 1 year contract. He would compliment the team well with their run and gun style. My hatred for the Celtics has subsided quite a bit with 2 great Dukies there now. Wouldn't mind seeing him go there at #27, in fact that might be his best fit. As Charles Barkley said, "Those guys are some dogs". They're a compete first, execute second kind of team. Grayson Allen defined.

I see a lot of people wanting Bridges to the Hornets, but I don't like it. At his best, he'll be a better version of MKG, but if we keep MKG that'll be positional redundancy. If we manage to get rid of him and his terrible contract, I'd be all right with that pick.
Bridges stumbled a lot toward the end of the season and I don’t think there is a team interested in MKG. I’d like to see us get Grayson in the second round but doubt he’s gonna still be on the boards. The Hornets need scoring and some grit to go next to Kimba

Reactions: PixelDevil
1) Spurs
2) Celtics

I would love to see him go to the spurs. I'd like to see him try to step into Ginobili's roll, and could def. be a better option than Danny Green.

I'd like him on the Wolves. Yet, with Thibs he'd never play since the bench never plays and the whole culture is very toxic currently (KAT rumors?!?!?! Effing kidding me?!?!). So for Grayson's sake I'll say Spurs.

Spurs. The answer to this question, no matter the player, is always the Spurs. Celts are closing in that distinction too.

This long held belief may be destined for the trash heap of history. As currently constructed, the Spurs are a great landing site for any player, because it is such a well run franchise.
But, if Kahwi leaves and Pop retires....IDK how good a situation it will continue to be. It was an incredibly well run franchise, but a lot of luck went into it. First, they draft the Admiral. Then, just after the peak of his abilities, he sustains a unicorn of an injury, one that effectively sidelines (or gives the team a viable reason to sideline) him for an entire season while having no long term negative impact on his abilities. Then they win the second most important NBA draft lottery ever, and draft the most pro ready player of the last 2-3 decades in Tim Duncan.
In subsequent drafts they took absolute flyers on Tony Parker and Manu. TP was an absolute flyer, and lots of people questioned if Manu was all that interested in playing in the USA. Both came over, and dominated.
Then they drafted Kahwi, mostly in the hope that he'd be able to ably defend the plethora of wings in the western conf (with LBJ waiting in the finals). They hoped he'd be in contention for DPOY awards without being a complete wasteland on O. Instead, he blossomed into a top 5 player in the L.
They obviously had some smart moves. But even those smart moves turned into players that WILDLY outperformed even the most optimistic projections.
But take Kahwi and Pop away from the Spurs, and they are just another small market team stuck in Draft Lottery Hades.

Reactions: DukeDenver
How about Miami? Home state. Good front office. Back with Justise. He'd look good in those evil black uni's.

Nbadraft.net has Grayson going 35 to Orlando. Gross. Even though that’s his home-team I suppose.
Sports Illustrated has Grayson going 37 to the Kings. Disgusting. Even with Harry there, we are getting close to having a guy on every franchise.

These were both updated post-combine.

Reactions: DukeDenver
I would like him to go wherever JJ is next year. Follow him, see how hard he works, see how he became a good defender, see how he prepares, how every year with the Clippers he won the fitness challenge... i.e. he was in the best physical condition at the beginning of camp... That is a Pro's Pro! I love when he came back to Duke to ask Coach K if he could talk to the team... He gave the team his... "You have never arrived, you are always becoming" speech. That's great words to live by and he is the epitome of that.

Warriors, Clippers, or Celtics. Doc used Reddick well, Grayson could eventually fill that role, Celtics could use another shooter off the bench, Warriors have no 2 guards. Grayson would benefit from open shots!

I don’t see Grayson landing with the Celtics or the clippers. I do see him being taken by the 76’s with all their picks and like it or not he’ll be able to compete in Orlando for playing time and see the floor a lot. They just need help

Please not the warrior, hornets, cavs or magic
The hornets or magic are a handful of teams where he can shine and get a lot of minutes.

Brooklynn, Magic, Bucks, Hornets, Toronto, OKC, Mavs, Heat, Knicks all need bench scoring especially from the Sg spot.

An ideal situation for Allen is on a mediocre team that needs shooting off the bench. I don't think he'd get much PT on one of the better teams. And I think he'd get too much PT on a bad team, as well as to much defensive attention.
Allen's ideal role is like Steve Kerr from back in the day. The 3rd or 4th option whose main task is work hard to find, take, and make open 3s. That gets easier if he's alongside some guys who get the lionshare of the defensive attention.
The Celts have too many guards going forward. Philly would be a good landing place (unless they get LBJ). If LBJ stays in the Cleve, that would be a great landing place for GA.
Honestly, I'd almost rather he fall to the second round and land on the right team as opposed to a first round team that doesn't really need him.

I'd like to see him in Miami, Brooklyn, or Minnesota. Gets to play with Justise, Jah, or Tyus.

Speaking of Justise....a lot of trade rumors that Miami may be looking to move Justise while he still has some trade value. Justise hasn't been the star that many projected, but he closed this season nicely and played well in the playoffs. Miami is gonna go after a superstar, and Justise would surely be in any trade for a superstar.

No Hornets, GA will get booed by the UNC faithful.

Hope he goes to team with solid leadership.

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT