ADVERTISEMENT

What's y'all new starting line up

Let's hold on with how good Bagley is. He's not played a game yet, and his opponents have been 15-17 year olds, so to say he's the best on roster with rebounds and blocking shots may be firing the gun before aiming. Then again, maybe he's going to be that good. Just my opinion here, but he looks like he needs a few pounds to play a lot down low.
So when speculating (you know, like message board stuff) who would you consider a better rebounder or shot blocker on the roster? Wendell Carter? How do we know? Bolden? How do we know? The only player that fits your profile is Grayson Allen. Albeit some "may fire without aiming" it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure it out.....

So when speculating (you know, like message board stuff) who would you consider a better rebounder or shot blocker on the roster? Wendell Carter? How do we know? Bolden? How do we know? The only player that fits your profile is Grayson Allen. Albeit some "may fire without aiming" it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure it out.....
I haven't said who will be the most dominant for Duke this season. That's my point, no one knows for sure. We don't know how any of them will do.
It's my opinion that Duke will be very good this year, but it's just that, an opinion.
One thing for certain though, it's meaningless what a kids draft potential is if we don't do really well this season. I don't give a fat baby's a** that Bagley will be a top 3 pick if we don't get to at "least"the final 4

Bagley (at this age) weighs more and appears physically stronger than Anthony Davis. And I'd say he had a pretty successful 1 year.

Obviously won't know anything till real-game action, but I'd be shocked if he isn't one of the best players in the country.

Can you imagine if, fifteen years ago Duke returned only one person who averaged more than 8 minutes a game in the prior year, and I told you they were the favorites to win the natty? You'd call me freaking insane.

Things do change.

I haven't said who will be the most dominant for Duke this season. That's my point, no one knows for sure. We don't know how any of them will do.
It's my opinion that Duke will be very good this year, but it's just that, an opinion.
One thing for certain though, it's meaningless what a kids draft potential is if we don't do really well this season. I don't give a fat baby's a** that Bagley will be a top 3 pick if we don't get to at "least"the final 4
So you don't care that Tatum went #3 and Luke was a lottery Pick? Jeez man, there's more to life than Duke basketball! Both great kids who gave everything they had when they were here. I for 1 was pretty damn happy for both of them!

So you don't care that Tatum went #3 and Luke was a lottery Pick? Jeez man, there's more to life than Duke basketball! Both great kids who gave everything they had when they were here. I for 1 was pretty damn happy for both of them!
I'm gonna be blunt with you. I have nothing against these kids, more power to them. They're getting what they want: the opportunity to play at a premier program, then go make lots of money. While they're at Duke, I hope they give it their all, but I follow Duke basketball. If Tatum has a good night in the pros, great. But this is a Duke message board, and most of the threads are about Duke, so right now my focus and hope is that Allen and company can bring #6 to Durham. Tatum no longer can. Sorry

Reactions: AlanInNJ
I'm gonna be blunt with you. I have nothing against these kids, more power to them. They're getting what they want: the opportunity to play at a premier program, then go make lots of money. While they're at Duke, I hope they give it their all, but I follow Duke basketball. If Tatum has a good night in the pros, great. But this is a Duke message board, and most of the threads are about Duke, so right now my focus and hope is that Allen and company can bring #6 to Durham. Tatum no longer can. Sorry
I have to admit, I really pull for our guys to get drafted high, and play great in the NBA, but fact is, I am just not much of an NBA fan, so I rarely check to see how they are doing. When I hear one of them had a big game, I am proud, and happy for them, but the NBA just really isn't on my radar. My focus is on the Blue Devils.

So what rotation are we confident about? Tre, Gray, Trent, Bags, WC start, Quis off the bench for sure, then...?

Well said Mac and I couldn't agree more.

I have to admit, I really pull for our guys to get drafted high, and play great in the NBA, but fact is, I am just not much of an NBA fan, so I rarely check to see how they are doing. When I hear one of them had a big game, I am proud, and happy for them, but the NBA just really isn't on my radar. My focus is on the Blue Devils.
Amen brother

Bolden tore it up in practice last summer/fall, as well. I'm sure injuries put him behind, but he was pretty bad offensively, defensively and rebounding-wise, as a whole. My expectations for Bagley are way higher just because I think he's clearly the better player. If Marquis proves me wrong it can only mean good things for Duke.

Reactions: christophero
Bolden tore it up in practice last summer/fall, as well. I'm sure injuries put him behind, but he was pretty bad offensively, defensively and rebounding-wise, as a whole. My expectations for Bagley are way higher just because I think he's clearly the better player. If Marquis proves me wrong it can only mean good things for Duke.
No doubt and from what I hear he's healthy, strong and doing well. I think the thing that's not being brought up here is the mental side of it. I think mentally, even if Carter plays more mpg than Bolden, it makes more sense to have bolden start. I think Carter can handle that much better than bolden. I also think he and Bagely would complement each other better than Carter and Bagely, especially at the start of the year.

Reactions: christophero
I think I'm just going to lay back and enjoy this season. There's so many positive things going on this upcoming season and so many individual side stories that could develop this year. Will Grayson have that great senior season that will make us cry on senior day. Will Bagley be the player we will appreciate even if he doesn't average 20 points and 10 rebounds. Will Bolden have a breakout season and choose to stay 1 more year to improve his game. Will Javin become a leader on the court and the bench. Will Vrank be productive no matter the minutes he gets. And how about the other freshman we were so excited about before we got Bagley. Remember with Trent, Duval, Carter and the other 3 freshman we had one of the best classes in the country and we were very well pleased with that. And let us not forget Jack White who has a lot of ups potential wise. We already have Tre coming next year. Opponents have to be worried. With good chemistry and little or no injuries Duke should be everyone's nightmare. I know if unc, UK, Ku, Arizona or any other program that has what we are going to be I would be dreading having to play them. GO DUKE. OFC

I think I'm just going to lay back and enjoy this season. There's so many positive things going on this upcoming season and so many individual side stories that could develop this year. Will Grayson have that great senior season that will make us cry on senior day. Will Bagley be the player we will appreciate even if he doesn't average 20 points and 10 rebounds. Will Bolden have a breakout season and choose to stay 1 more year to improve his game. Will Javin become a leader on the court and the bench. Will Vrank be productive no matter the minutes he gets. And how about the other freshman we were so excited about before we got Bagley. Remember with Trent, Duval, Carter and the other 3 freshman we had one of the best classes in the country and we were very well pleased with that. And let us not forget Jack White who has a lot of ups potential wise. We already have Tre coming next year. Opponents have to be worried. With good chemistry and little or no injuries Duke should be everyone's nightmare. I know if unc, UK, Ku, Arizona or any other program that has what we are going to be I would be dreading having to play them. GO DUKE. OFC
Well put Sky. I really, really like our team. The youth is the only thing that concerns me. But we're so talented. Very exciting.

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT