ADVERTISEMENT

What Would You Do? Off day Edition

dachampishere2

Cameron Crazy
Feb 15, 2017
Let me say to start off that yes we know we aren't Coach K and have more knowledge of basketball than him. (For some that needs to be said.) What would you do with this team? Based off what you've seen so far and if you were the coach, who would you start/play and what style would you play? What roles would you give certain players? This just an exercise since we don't have a game today.

Considering the odds of our seeding making a difference in our chances for a Natty are pretty low(or making the tourney at all for that matter). I would start Coleman and Williams, stick Hurt at the 3 and have Steward or Roach coming off the bench and actually play a full rotation. Let these guys who will be with us next year get some serious burn and experience so they can be better prepared to contribute to what should be a great team.

It ain't happening this year K, live a little.

Not being at practice it would be very hard to say what changes should be made. If guys are pretty equal in practice I would go with the experience players especially early on in the season. Moore and Goldwire would be starters because they know the system and both can play some defense. Goldwire would probably get twenty minutes average according to how the particular game is going. And yes some zone would be played every game to allow our big guys to play more. Let the guys know your playing for Duke not a audition for the NBA. Got to find a player like Baker to come in and give the team a spark and change the pace of some games. Run some plays for him and get the other team thinking. All of our championship teams had role players really show out in the big games. Brian Davis, Billy Mccafferty, Grayson Allen and Dawkins to name a few.

Start a center rotation of Williams, tape and Coleman( Hurt can not guard any similarity of a good big man and should never be but in a place to do so with three true Pf/C on the roster.

Stretch Four is Hurt( Hurt can not guard in the post and is not guarding any athletic SF’s that’s a foul out for him waiting to happen).

Wings, Johnson and Brakefield spelled by Moore/Baker

Sg/Combo- Steward, Moore and Baker

PG- Roach and Goldwire .

Only problem is the pressure defense works better with Goldwire, Roach and Steward on the floor together.

If Johnson is truly back then I expect a starting line up of Hurt, Johnson,Steward, Roach and Goldwire on Tuesday .

Duke is 0-3 against the top 25 teams they have played.

Reactions: christophero
ADVERTISEMENT