ADVERTISEMENT

We have a chance

Kid can play. Is he in the portal? Just read he is. Averaged 15 ppg. Would sit out a year. We could use him. He was Big East player of the week last year.

Reactions: SWEc/o95
I'd love to see us pick him up. Just don't see it happening though. I don't have any real info here either, just a feeling. Nevertheless, i'd love to see it happen!

Saw on Twitter, if he goes to Tennessee, it'd give us a better chance of Chandler.
Would it tho? If I’m not mistaken McClung is more of a sg. Not sure how that would effect Chandler. If anything i feel like it could help their chances. Would make that UT team better. They’d be pretty good with a core of Chandler, McClung, Springer, Keon Johnson, and Josiah James. Guess it is a little guard heavy but that’d be a good core for sure.

He’s gonna have to sit out a year.
Hard to project the roster in 21-22, but we’re gonna be loaded, I highly doubt he wants to transfer and not start.

Reactions: christophero
Apparantly he got upset when Ewing announced he was returning. I guess it was news to him.

I could see him ending up with the Cheats.

If he does and gets a waiver they'd be pretty damn impressive on paper.

Que up VaBlueDevil......OFC

Love to find my original post on this because I am pretty sure what said was a coach at Va Tech at the time said he wasn't D1 and they weren't going to recruit him...but then someone turned it and said I said it and everyone went with it...oh well don't matter now I don't guess

And for the record I hope he DOES NOT end up in Durham...we need defenders at Guard and he is far from that

Find the original post then cause I don't remember.

If I did indeed say I said it I will admit I was wrong...but I think I said the VT coach was the one that said it

Va Blue Devil I cant remember the poster you had the debate with, but he was relentless. Thought you handled it very well. OFC

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Va Blue Devil I cant remember the poster you had the debate with, but he was relentless. Thought you handled it very well. OFC

Thanks...I dont remember them either...but I'm pretty sure the former VT coach told me that and I said here he had told me.,then the poster you're talking about started saying I said it and it snowballed from there...either way no big deal to me...I just don't want him at Duke

I don't know...a junior who averaged almost 16 points per game in the Big East could certainly help us.

Last edited:
Call me boring, but I take efficiency over flash. If he was a bulldog on defense and wasn’t the most efficient, it would make up for a lot, but he isn’t. he’s just a volume guy and a swinging gate. So, I’d pass as well.

wow you guys are picky lol. Kid was only a sophomore. He was on fire when he got injured as well. Scored 20 plus points in a bunch of games.

Last edited:
I'd take him in a heartbeat. He's a machine on offense. His D....eh, not the best. But that can improve. Anyone remember JJ's D at times? Not comparing him and Matt, btw. Just saying, JJ improved on that end of the floor over his time at Duke. Players can improve.

He has a 0.00000001% chance of coming, and if he comes near Duke, it's gonna be UNC. We should all be rooting for him to go to Tennessee because that helps us with Chandler anyway, who is much better.

I'd take him if he was hell bent on attending Duke, I wouldn't expect him to ever be more than a spark plug off the bench, too small with way too many defensive issues. Plus....39% shooting over 2 years is enough of a sample to say he's not an efficient player.

He also seems like a guy who could still vastly improve. He wasn't some top 20 5 star coming out of high school, but he was player of the week in the Big East. As a sophomore.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
He could also implode and be a pain in the ass, thinking he’s better then he actually is.

Yeah, we don’t really know. I’m definitely not implying that it will happen, because my comment is based off of absolutely nothing!
I just read on DBR that there was reportedly friction between him and the Georgetown coaching staff. So that could be a red flag, but who knows.

I just read on DBR that there was reportedly friction between him and the Georgetown coaching staff. So that could be a red flag, but who knows.
The friction was he still had his name in the NBA draft and Ewing had announced to the media that McClung was definitely coming back.

Obviously that didn't sit well with McClung, even though there was no chance he was staying in the draft.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT