ADVERTISEMENT

Watched 1991 Final Four and Championship Games

BluePhil

Cameron Crazy
Jan 28, 2008
I was really craving some basketball this weekend so I watched the 1991 Final Four and Championship games. I had not seen the UNC/Kansas game since it aired and had not seen the Duke/UNLV and Duke/Kansas game in quite awhile either.

It was great seeing Dean Smith get thrown out. :)

I absolutely love the Duke/UNLV game - it is one of my favorites. After winning that game I really believed the championship was ours to lose.

I was really craving some basketball this weekend so I watched the 1991 Final Four and Championship games. I had not seen the UNC/Kansas game since it aired and had not seen the Duke/UNLV and Duke/Kansas game in quite awhile either.

I absolutely love the Duke/UNLV game - it is one of my favorites. After winning that game I really believed the championship was ours to lose.
The Duke/UNLV game is one of the best ever.

Reactions: bullettoothtony

Seeing dean get bounced was sweet. He had to be pissed. Poor ref that booted him probably ended up paying the price. OFC

Duke/UNLV was my freshman year at Duke.

When Hurley hit the 3 I was very confident we'd win. Seemed like destiny at the time.

I had little to no doubt we'd beat Kansas.

Pete Pavia tossed Dean Smith with 35 seconds left and UNC down 5 points to Kansas. Pavia died from cancer at age 54 five months later

Where did u find them?

Yes. He was very ornery in that last season. He tossed John Thompson and issued lots of technicals. UNC Coach Bill Guthridge chased Pavia after the game and berated him in the tunnel

I was on a dive trip in Turks and Caicos, staying in some dump with black and white TV. The reception was horrible, but with repeated pounding on the set I was barely able to make out the video from Duke/UNLV. Best game I almost watched.
OFC

I watched the abridged version of UNC-Kansas. It was not pretty. The teams knew each other's plays. And they were tight. Rick Fox forced a lot of shots 5 of 22 for Fox

Reactions: christophero
Duke would have crushed Rick Fox and the Tar Holes in the National Championship to avenge the loss in the 1991 ACC Tournament Final
How do you decide when you’re a duke fan here or a unc fan on THR? And how do you decide which handle you’re going to use between Ged and Bob?

Reactions: skysdad
Terribly sorry if I've offended anyone. ged doughton23 is a UNC fan and I've admitted it all along. I love UNC, but dislike Roy Williams and was banned for saying it from the UNC site. I created bobcrane so I could see the posts on Tar Heel Illustrated and then realized if I made a few bobcrane posts here, I could make posts at Tar Heels Radar. You have been very nice. I love the trivia. I can feel my brain getting refreshed. I hope that you allow me to participate as ged doughton23 only.

Terribly sorry if I've offended anyone. ged doughton23 is a UNC fan and I've admitted it all along. I love UNC, but dislike Roy Williams and was banned for saying it from the UNC site. I created bobcrane so I could see the posts on Tar Heel Illustrated and then realized if I made a few bobcrane posts here, I could make posts at Tar Heels Radar. You have been very nice. I love the trivia. I can feel my brain getting refreshed. I hope that you allow me to participate as ged doughton23 only.
Roger that.

Reactions: geddoughton23

Really like having you play the trivia with us. You are a great player but I think either ged/bobcrane answered a bobcrane/ged question correctly or bobcrane/ged answered a ged/bobcrane correctly and that's fudging. I know what I just stated is confusing. You have not really broken any DI rules and it might be best to say good bye to Bob. Bob is gonna get banned at thr probably because their mods and other posters troll here and like most of us Bob will be banned also. Keep posting though ged you play the trivia game well OFC

Reactions: geddoughton23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT