ADVERTISEMENT

Uncle Drew Movie

I'll check it out. Likely not in June, though. Probably wait for it to be released through a streaming service.

I was excited for it until Kyrie acted like a baby and left Cleveland.

Now...I hope the movie is a disaster and it flops.

Space Jam 2 on the other hand though....let's go!

I was excited for it until Kyrie acted like a baby and left Cleveland.

Now...I hope the movie is a disaster and it flops.

Space Jam 2 on the other hand though....let's go!

So are you more of a Cavs fan than a Duke fan? Just curious, since it seems like you chose them over Kyrie.

Reactions: pisgah101
Duke will always be my top squad, through and through. However, I follow and care a lot more about the NBA than college basketball. I watch the NBA every night, I really only watch Duke and then follow college a lot closer come March. College basketball isn’t a great product at the moment IMO, for many reasons.

I will always love and appreciate Kyrie for being the first domino in our eventual recruiting dominance. He made Duke “cool” again, that will never be forgotten.
But...he chose to leave Cleveland and no longer play with the best player in the world. (I get the argument from the Celtics POV, he wanted his own team, etc) But my Cavs fandom has me currently hating on Kyrie, we have no title chance because it’s Lebron and all role players. So yes, I currently dislike Kyrie because he took away another possible title from my team, on top of that, he joined the hated Celtics.

If the Cavs win this series, ask me in 2 months, and I’ll tell you how much I love Kyrie. We are currently at war though.

Reactions: sgrooms
I'll check it out. Likely not in June, though. Probably wait for it to be released through a streaming service.
Same for me. I’ve been to probably two movies in the theater in the past four years. Both during the holidays when family was in town. Why spend $50+ to take my wife to a movie that I can’t pause if one of us has to pee or take a phone call? Rather spend $5-10 to stream it, buy a couple $1 candy bars at the gas station and enjoy a scotch from the comfort of my couch. Movie theaters and shopping malls will be extinct in 20 years.

Reactions: sgrooms
If it’s something like Avengers or a comic book movie I carry my son but the Drew movie I’ll wait until like the rest said just stream it

No but it’s true LOL idk why you have a problem with it?
No problem at all. If you read my answer to the original question, maybe you would understand.
Duke will always come first to me, I enjoy watching and following Duke basketball more than anything.
But yeah...college basketball isn't a great product, I disagree with everything the NCAA stands for, and I love the NBA.

If I got to pick between a Duke title and a Cavs title, I'm picking Duke.

No problem at all. If you read my answer to the original question, maybe you would understand.
Duke will always come first to me, I enjoy watching and following Duke basketball more than anything.
But yeah...college basketball isn't a great product, I disagree with everything the NCAA stands for, and I love the NBA.

When do you personally feel CBB was a superior product? Or maybe more accurate question is when did you enjoy it more

As a big NBA follower I would think this current One & Done era is right up your wheelhouse. I don't think you'll enjoy Duke basketball as much with guys like O'Connell and White starting

When do you personally feel CBB was a superior product? Or maybe more accurate question is when did you enjoy it more

As a big NBA follower I would think this current One & Done era is right up your wheelhouse. I don't think you'll enjoy Duke basketball as much with guys like O'Connell and White starting
Not really CBB's fault, but CBB was superior in the 90's and even early 2000's when the best players stayed for multiple years. I understand that the NBA is the reason for OAD, but again, the college game is bad because the best players are only staying 1 year. Not to mention, even average guys are now leaving early to go overseas or the G-League. That may be CBB's biggest problem of all, the mediocre guys (who could grow into great players) wanting out too. Every single year, the number of "early entrants" has increased. That's not good.

I enjoy winning more than anything, I don't care who we win with. The 2010 title brought me just as much joy as 2015. But yes, I believe that a super-talented OAD guy gives Duke the best chance to win. Plus, they win at Duke, and then I get to watch them on television for the next 15 years, a double-plus!
I promise I also enjoy watching guys like Alex and Jack grow just as much as you. However, if were starting either guy THIS YEAR, than yeah that may be a problem. Alex is gonna be a stud eventually though, and Jack is a warrior who fights so hard.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alaskan_Assassin_21

I did read it. And we’re basically saying the exact same thing. How can you be a bigger duke fan than the NBA when u watch the NBA every night but only follow college real close in March

I did read it. And we’re basically saying the exact same thing. How can you be a bigger duke fan than the NBA when u watch the NBA every night but only follow college real close in March
Lol, I don't know, that's just how I am?

I love basketball at all levels, played all my life and still do. I probably watch as much "non Duke" college ball as most do throughout the year. But yeah, it's nothing compared to how much NBA I watch. I do NBA league pass and pay much closer attention to that each night (when Duke isn't playing).

For comparison: baseball has become a "your team" sport. Most Yankee's fans will watch all Yankee's games, but they aren't gonna watch the Sunday night game between the Cardinals and Cubs.
That's how I am with Duke, I'm probably not watching the January game between Louisville and Virginia. Unless it's trending on twitter and I get a notification that it's tied with 5 min to go, then I'm all in.
I'll also always tune in if I find out UNC or UK are trailing.

Last edited:
Lol, I don't know, that's just how I am?

I love basketball at all levels, played all my life and still do. I probably watch as much "non Duke" college ball as most do throughout the year. But yeah, it's nothing compared to how much NBA I watch. I do NBA league pass and pay much closer attention to that each night (when Duke isn't playing).

For comparison: baseball has become a "your team" sport. Most Yankee's fans will watch all Yankee's games, but they aren't gonna watch the Sunday night game between the Cardinals and Cubs.
That's how I am with Duke, I'm probably not watching the January game between Louisville and Virginia. Unless it's trending on twitter and I get a notification that it's tied with 5 min to go, then I'm all in.
I'll also always tune in if I find out UNC or UK are trailing.
Damn, you didn’t say anything negative about Duke, but since you watch the NBA and aren’t in the “Duke can do no wrong” crowd you aren’t a good enough fan lol try being a Lakers fan the past few years....

Reactions: jwill133
Damn, you didn’t say anything negative about Duke, but since you watch the NBA and aren’t in the “Duke can do no wrong” crowd you aren’t a good enough fan lol try being a Lakers fan the past few years....
Lol at least you got Brandon Ingram.

Ingram, Lebron, Kawhi, Lonzo= multiple titles.

I hate the Lakers, btw.

Lol at least you got Brandon Ingram.

Ingram, Lebron, Kawhi, Lonzo= multiple titles.

I hate the Lakers, btw.
I’d rather keep building for the next 2 years and go at it once Lebron declines amd Golden State breaks up (they may be a power for a loooong time though)

Seriously? I think we had a good conversation he explained his point and I respect that. No argument here so don’t try to start something

Uncle Drew is the story of a man who declared to go pro in the 70’s straight out of high school yet went undrafted and bounced around the semi pro leagues. Never realizing his dream of becoming a star at the highest level his greatest achievement is being known as a street and rec league legend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT