ADVERTISEMENT

Tre Jones named ACC POY

And tell me again why any top recruit wouldn't want to be a part of this lol. Just keep racking up the league player of the year awards and more haters right with it. Love it.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I know he’s likely gone next year and if so it is more than deserved but we all know how much Tre loves Duke and wants to leave a legacy. He is probably the last guy since Grayson that has any sort of shot of having his Jersey retired if we were to win a NC and he were to come back one more year and try to graduate. Wishful thinking I know...

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
If Tre stays he could reach Bobby Hurley level status. He is an incredible point guard.

Reactions: Skeelow22
Reactions: Quavarius
Duke players racked up on ACC Awards

Tre Jones-ACC POY, ACC DPOY, ACC 1st Team & All-ACC
Vernon Carey- ACC FOY, ACC 1st team, ACC Freshmen Team & All-ACC
Cassius Stanley -All Freshman Team

That’s 9 total ACC Awards for 3 Duke players

Reactions: skysdad
Article said Tre is just the second player to win ACC POY and DPOY in same season (Malcolm Brogdon was the other). That is surprising. I would have assumed someone like Battier, who was the national defensive player of the year 3 times and won every single national POY award in 2001, would have been on this list

JWill or Juan Dixon won ACC POY in 2001. I think Dixon won ACC and J Will won NPOY

Article said Tre is just the second player to win ACC POY and DPOY in same season (Malcolm Brogdon was the other). That is surprising. I would have assumed someone like Battier, who was the national defensive player of the year 3 times and won every single national POY award in 2001, would have been on this list

I don't think they had defensive player of the year until after Battier graduated. He surely would have won it if it existed. I do remember that he shared the 2001 ACC POY with Joe Forte, which was a poor decision by the voters.

I don't think they had defensive player of the year until after Battier graduated. He surely would have won it if it existed. I do remember that he shared the 2001 ACC POY with Joe Forte, which was a poor decision by the voters.

Battier won National DPOY 3 times.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT