ADVERTISEMENT

Top 10 Duke Basketball games this season

I enjoyed the article, Skee, you never disappoint!
We've got some great games on tap, and a young, alarmingly athletic team to excite us. I'm ready also!

OFC

Solid list. I would have included Indiana (ACC/BIG challenge) and Texas Tech instead of Army and VaTech, but I can't argue with your list.

Thanks!
Solid picks in Indiana and Texas Tech as well

I usually include VT in the list as they tend to have our number in Blacksburg winning a few games against us over the years. I remember being there during JJ Redick time as the fans would harass him. It was maybe 2005 or 2006 (can't remember the year lol) when VT upset Redick and Duke only to storm the court. Roanoke and Cave Spring being not far at all from Blacksburg added fuel to the fire for Hokie fans against Redick. I also was in the stands in 2011 when we wondered if Kyrie would be back in time to play only to find out he wasn't. VT upset Duke that time and stormed the court as well. I worked the game at VT New Years Eve 2016 when Duke lost at VT and I could tell K didn't seem right in the presser... only to find out later he was going out for surgery. And the Duke lost a tough one there last season as well I believe. But I have seen some good wins for Duke at VT as well over the years. The Hokies bring the football atmosphere in Cassell when Duke comes to town.

Army was a pick I just well.. how do I say it ... wasted I guess. Every time I write this article I always seem to include the 1st game as the Cameron Crazies and fans are excited about the start of the season. But in reality I agree Texas Tech and Indiana should be on there. I think I will have to do a top 15 list next year as Duke has a solid schedule! Clemson could have made the list as well as others.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I enjoyed the article, Skee, you never disappoint!
We've got some great games on tap, and a young, alarmingly athletic team to excite us. I'm ready also!

OFC
Thanks buddy!

You are right.. we do have some great games to look forward to. Opening up with Kentucky as game one is coming out the gate swinging! How you been ODD?

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Thanks buddy!

You are right.. we do have some great games to look forward to. Opening up with Kentucky as game one is coming out the gate swinging! How you been ODD?

I'm busy and tired, Skee, but I'm still kickin'...just not as high as I used to!:)

OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: Skeelow22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT