ADVERTISEMENT

To those thr posters that were pulling against The United States of America.

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
Our nations flag is going to rise and our national anthem is once more going to be played once again for our country's basketball team and I am proud. I'm also very happy that you are disappointed that they won. It's hard for me to understand part of a fan base to pull against you national team because of the hate you have for Coach K. What kind of people are you. Are you that obsessed with entitlement that you have the guts to publicly post your hate. At least you didn't give your real names. Did you hear the speech Anthony just made. All I can say is SHAME on you. The good thing is you got your shot at least twice to beat the G.O.A.T. in the upcoming season. Like always I hope your get rolled and don't even score against us but everyone else you play in any sport and it's because of fans like you. Nothing to do with your athletes. It's you. But let me leave you with this. If hof coach roy williams were coaching this Olympic team and his coaching staff consisted of the present and larry brown and george karl with the roster consisting of ty lawson, harrison barnes, james michael mcadoo, tyler hansbrough, p.j.hairston, jon henson, marvin williams, kendall "butter" marshal, vince carter, ty zeller, danny green and wayne ellington I would be cheering my heart out for my country, The United States of America and my fellow countryman. I really and sincerely hope hof coach roy williams gets an opportunity to be able to coach our nations team soon. If you feel the need to trash my name for this at thr go ahead. I'd be so proud to be trashed for this. GO USA FOREVER.

Last edited:
The thing is it's not Coach K and it's not Duke. It's our nations representative to the Olympics. At one time I felt that the one thing all fans of all athletic programs had in common would be coming together and pulling not only for our basketball team but our entire Olympic team. I've always thought that would be a no brainier. Has the rivalry gotten that bad? Have I personally caused someone to feel as though they need to pull against our team with Coach K because of what I post here in regards to unc. None of my personal unc friends and there are many have expressed that they were pulling against the team because of Coach K. That thread over at thr really got to me. I've been posting over 10 years here and have never seen anything like it. I've heard some of them compare Coach K. to Hitler and Satan as well as the never ending rat face. They all our players thugs and have a top ten hated Duke player list but never did I think they would have a support group that pulled against our USA team for the sole reason of who coached them. I'm sorry to go on about this but it really bothers me. I guess I should just let it go and take them for what they're worth. My hat however is off to those thr posters on the same thread who did support our team and who coached them. OFC.

I have zero respect for Roy and unx athletics. But pull AGAINST TeamUSA if he was the coach?! I can't get there. Judging by the reactions of the tarhole nation , they don't feel the same way. I'm a DUKE fan. GTHC! But that's a helluva lot different than cheering for another country vs the good ol' U.S. of A!!! WTF?!

Makes me wonder if something tragic happened to Coach K's family or even Coach K. passing what kind of mess would be coming from the board. You know all their mods would have had to do was to delete the thread as soon as they read the o.p's opening but they let it go on and on and let the hater's hate and hate before they finally locked it up instead of deleting it. OFC

Reactions: gottagonow
Makes me wonder if something tragic happened to Coach K's family or even Coach K. passing what kind of mess would be coming from the board. You know all their mods would have had to do was to delete the thread as soon as they read the o.p's opening but they let it go on and on and let the hater's hate and hate before they finally locked it up instead of deleting it. OFC

I really wonder the same thing. I know what Gary and about a dozen others would say.

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT