ADVERTISEMENT

The Zion case: What should be our level of concern??

Not concerned at all, a lot of gold diggers throw accusations without having any facts to back up their accusations

It sounds like she’s just mad that he go out of his contract with her and her company because she and her company aren’t licensed agents in North Carolina and Florida, so she and her company are just trying to make money off of Zion in a lawsuit since they couldn’t make money off of him as a client.

It sounds like she’s just mad that he go out of his contract with her and her company because she and her company aren’t licensed agents in North Carolina and Florida, so she and her company are just trying to make money off of Zion in a lawsuit since they couldn’t make money off of him as a client.

Diehard my feeling exactly. She hopes to pressure Zion with the publicity, in hopes of some sort of "admission" from Zion. I don't think thats going to happen! OFC

If you read comments after these articles; everyone is assuming Duke is dirty; which makes me a little sad.

They want Duke to be dirty. And we all know the gravitational effect desire has upon belief.

So Zion and his family got all this money? Man, R.J. and Cam must be pissed that they didn't get anything, them being the higher ranked recruits and all.

*Yawn*

I don't know Zion's family's financial situation. I assume fine. I don't think they would risk his eligibility and reputation for extra benefits that they knew would amount to a drop in the bucket for what he was about to earn in less than a year.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I just hope that none of this is correct. I would guess there is tremendous pressure on all top recruits,from all angles, to take money or at least to let their parents take money or some type of compensation. I doubt that Zion was guilty of any of this. One thing I would bet almost everything I own, on , is, that coach K would never have any knowledge or involvement in anything illegal.

I say investigate everything to find out what the truth is in regards to taking money. Check all the recruits if Ned be. Rupp Raftards convinced Zion guilty, but they are squeaky clean. Cant believe anyone would not pick UK. They recruit the same players, but only the other schools pay them

I have zero concern.

Last edited:
I dont think it will come back to Duke directly. But if it comes out that the parents took money while Zion was playing its not a good look. I'm hoping this does not happen.

They have no proof. They are basically putting all their eggs in a basket and hoping there was something screwy about his time at Duke and that he will not lie under oath. That would make the courts more likely to rule in their favor of the $100 million lawsuit they are seeking because it would mean he could not be covered by the Uniform Athlete Agents Act since he would not be an eligible student-athlete.

I say investigate everything to find out what the truth is in regards to taking money. Check all the recruits if Ned be. Rupp Raftards convinced Zion guilty, but they are squeaky clean. Cant believe anyone would not pick UK. They recruit the same players, but only the other schools pay them
Since you mentioned RR, I took a look at it. Their hate of Duke is pathological.

Reactions: Quavarius
I think Zion and Duke will be fine here. One of the posters at http://dukebluebrotherhood.freeforums.net/ actually got inside the Duke locker room and got a couple of live interviews with Zion and posted them there. Cool stuff! At any rate, people are looking for a piece of Zion anyway they can get it. It sucks a kid that cool and laid back is now living in a tiger pit. He’s going to see a lot of ugly while he’s rolling up millions upon millions. So excited to see his next season.

I think the woman has zero on Zion. This is a hail mary pass. He is doing the right thing, stay quite and do what his lawyers say. The ruptards think the silence is an admission of guilt. LOL this is a lawsuit. Running your mouth when you have lawyers would be stupid to the nth degree.

I think the woman has zero on Zion. This is a hail mary pass.
Exactly! People don’t realize, if Zion didn’t accept money from Duke/Nike, then the lawsuit this woman has against him is worthless.. she has no knowledge of Zion accepting money, she’s just praying he did so she can get some of that +$100m she missed out on.

Reactions: christophero
It's the smart move. On one hand, they'll be no proof either way so the haters will have ammo. But it seems unlikely anything else will come out.

I truly don’t think K would do anything dirty to get players.. I’m sure he may bend some rules but does not break them and doesn’t condone others breaking the rules for Duke - he has too much of a legacy on the line to tarnish (I would be shocked to find out anything different).. However, I am concerned that someone from Nike has did Illegal things in the name of Duke (and other Universities they represent)..

Regardless, if something comes out that Zion received some befits.. I guarantee this ex-agent had no real knowledge of it, this is strictly a Hail Mary for her case

There should definitely be some level of concern now.....way to much smoke around this entire situation.

Not concerned. A lawyer throwing a hail mary to try to disparage a high profile person in the hopes of enticing settlement is far from uncommon.

I know you and your brethren want very badly for this to be something, but I think you are going to be disappointed. We'll see.

Reactions: PixelDevil and dbav
I'd say this is a sign to start to worry...as I said for years technically every program cheat in some form or another..and that includes EVERYONE

Zion better work on his lying ASAP. He may be fine but if they call his parents we might as well get ready for the big hit

Someone is really out to get Zion and Duke. If anything is proven that wrong was done by Zion, his parents or Duke I expect the same results than unc got for the academic scandal. OFC

Sky I guarantee you Coach K is not going to go down swinging, after UNC and Roy walked free after years of systemic cheating.

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
Well wait a minute, back up here.....Were you ok with your Tar Heels acquittal after TWO DECADES of systemic academic cheating to benefit athletes?

OFC
Take it easy, im no UNCheat fan here. But to answer your question, no i am not ok with what they did or their punishment or lack thereof!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT