ADVERTISEMENT

The New Lounge

The double standard hypocrisy is annoying but hilarious at the same time.

I tell you what. Let a sports writer, etc say something about Duke. “ I don’t believe anything they say because they’ve lied once before and lost all creditability” Yet the media lies pretty much everyday and gets caught up, yet they still buy that shit for a dollar and run with it every time! 😂lol

That’s cause you can’t believe a damn thing on the news!!!! It should be against the law, given the influence it has on ....people lol baaa. It’s criminal, people want to turn on the news to find out what’s going on in the world and stay up to date, but you don’t know what to believe!!!....ridiculous
Actually it's quite simple. Don't watch Fox, OANN or Newsmax.

Because conservatives are the devil and the devil needs to be silenced.
A true conservative is absolutely nothing like the conspiracy theorists who gravitate toward Newsmax, Fox and QAnon. George Will is not the devil. I don't agree with him but he is principled. Same with Bill Kristol and even David Brooks, although he had an epiphany as of late. Sites like these three aren't legitimate news sites. Newsman has admitted as much. But they do promote some really ridiculous conspiracy theories that are then spread and believed by some of the wing-nuts we saw storm the Capitol. People died as a result , just as someone died thanks to Alex Jones ridiculous claims about pizzeriarias, HRC and pedophilia. Right now have whole groups of armed men believing things that have no basis in reality and being willing to fight to prevent them from happening. This is domestic terrorism and one way to fight it is to make it harder for the lies to spread.

A true conservative is absolutely nothing like the conspiracy theorists who gravitate toward Newsmax, Fox and QAnon. George Will is not the devil. I don't agree with him but he is principled. Same with Bill Kristol and even David Brooks, although he had an epiphany as of late. Sites like these three aren't legitimate news sites. Newsman has admitted as much. But they do promote some really ridiculous conspiracy theories that are then spread and believed by some of the wing-nuts we saw storm the Capitol. People died as a result , just as someone died thanks to Alex Jones ridiculous claims about pizzeriarias, HRC and pedophilia. Right now have whole groups of armed men believing things that have no basis in reality and being willing to fight to prevent them from happening. This is domestic terrorism and one way to fight it is to make it harder for the lies to spread.
Right out of Stalin's handbook.

It’s because MSM is so shitty that others popped up. Had they done a fair job, you wouldn’t have OANN and NewsMax.

Liberals are just too stupid to get it.

Reactions: topps coach
It’s because MSM is so shitty that others popped up. Had they done a fair job, you wouldn’t have OANN and NewsMax.

Liberals are just too stupid to get it.
Given that you actually think the info you get from NewsMax is legit, the stupid one here is not me.

Given that you actually think the info you get from NewsMax is legit, the stupid one here is not me.
I trust what they say more than MSM. You’re dumber than a bag of hammers if you don’t see what I said. Look no further than the recent Capitol incident.
Ready, Fire, Aim!!!

Right out of Stalin's handbook.
No. Stalin outlawed speech that in any way criticized him, arrested people and tortured them to death. I am absolutely not suggesting that any of these sites be subject to criminal penalties and the speaker on CNN that got Mac bothered was not suggesting that either. What he said, and I agreed with, is that the megaphone should be taken away so when they shout only a few hear them. I understand this is a slippery slope but some of the crap that these sites promote is both out and out incorrect and has led to violence. We now have to send the National Guard to the Capitol and the states have to shore up their capitols because of idiots who are incapable of understanding that the election was legit. Why is that? Because they go onto these sites and get their fantasies fed. I don't know if you heard the tape of Trump talking to the Georgia officials but when he brought up that tape that Mac has constantly pointed to that supposedly showed poll workers taking ballots out of the polling sites, they told him that the tape had been misleadingly edited and that it did not show any impropriety. At some point, if an organization is going to insist on promoting whatever lie gets them internet hits, society is going to have to do something to blunt the effect of this propaganda. We cannot just go along as business as usual. People will get killed. We have to figure out a way out of this morass.

Reactions: Shatterthesky22
The downfall of a free society has to start somewhere. i.e. choose a slippery slope.

This isn’t a Republican or Democrat argument. If you’re American, you will be outraged.

Enjoying the back and forth. Illustrates the progression of American/Western society. From hate mail, to online troll to our backgrounds & photos upping game

They won. We argue race when 9 years ago the cry was Occupy Wallstreet

Going back. I didn’t watch the speech until now that got Trump impeached a 2nd time...And he said let’s “walk down to the capital and peacefully protest” NOW I’m even more convinced this is waste of energy, given we’re talking about 1 day of impeachment before Biden takes office. Sooo the only logical conclusion I can come up with is they’re scared, stupid, and corrupt. I don’t much get it...somebody enlighten me

That’s your response to the crimes that have been committed? You’re as good at spinning as @Jtre.

Wow.
I am not spinning. I am stating truth. I am sorry you refuse to see it but that shows what is going on in this country and why I say we are in freefall. Someone called me out for suggesting that you are an anti-semite. You may not be but you really are comfortable with spouting anti-semitic tropes.

Going back. I didn’t watch the speech until now that got Trump impeached a 2nd time...And he said let’s “walk down to the capital and peacefully protest” NOW I’m even more convinced this is waste of energy, given we’re talking about 1 day of impeachment before Biden takes office. Sooo the only logical conclusion I can come up with is they’re scared, stupid, and corrupt. I don’t much get it...somebody enlighten me
Congress has to take a stand or they will lose legitimacy. A President simply should not be permitted to attack a legitimate vote, to get his base riled up and to refuse to concede his loss. Had McConnell really wanted Trump to be impeached he would have called the Senate back, which he was entitled to do. Anyway, a man who has attacked the fabric of our democracy, knowing full well what that would mean about violence, simply cannot be permitted to be President again.

I am not spinning. I am stating truth. I am sorry you refuse to see it but that shows what is going on in this country and why I say we are in freefall. Someone called me out for suggesting that you are an anti-semite. You may not be but you really are comfortable with spouting anti-semitic tropes.
Anti-Semitic tropes? Did you even watch, and are you aware how bad all these politicians have been lying, and profiting off us? I’ve given you chances to show a little fairness, and instead of acknowledging the obvious, you attack the messenger.

You’re a delusional, gridlocked, hack.

Anti-Semitic tropes? Did you even watch, and are you aware how bad all these politicians have been lying, and profiting off us? I’ve given you chances to show a little fairness, and instead of acknowledging the obvious, you attack the messenger.

I started to watch it but when Dobbs started to complain about Lindsey Graham being a disappointment to the Trump administration, I had to stop. Those few minutes were completely devoid of facts and were just Lou Dobbs repeating crap that has been debunked repeatedly. Since he has no idea how to cover real news, he just resorts to this.

What I don’t get with you is how you don’t see how badly Trump has been profiting off us. It has been insane how much we paid for the secret service to stay in his hotels at nongovernmental rates. There are other examples that we have brought up time and time again and you seem to ignore them. Also you keep talking about Trump as an outsider but as a real estate developer he has been involved with the government for decades.

Congress has to take a stand or they will lose legitimacy. A President simply should not be permitted to attack a legitimate vote, to get his base riled up and to refuse to concede his loss. Had McConnell really wanted Trump to be impeached he would have called the Senate back, which he was entitled to do. Anyway, a man who has attacked the fabric of our democracy, knowing full well what that would mean about violence, simply cannot be permitted to be President again.
Sorry, that can’t be proven. Try again

Petty stupid waste of energy....which is gonna cause even more angry violence...FOR 1 DAMN DAY OF OFFICE😂

What I don’t get with you is how you don’t see how badly Trump has been profiting off us. It has been insane how much we paid for the secret service to stay in his hotels at nongovernmental rates. There are other examples that we have brought up time and time again and you seem to ignore them. Also you keep talking about Trump as an outsider but as a real estate developer he has been involved with the government for decades.
You just refuse to see any wrongdoing from your party. It’s always Trump this, Trump that. Do a little research for me: look at some of these guys net worth now, factoring in their annual income.
You spew all the time about Trump and Republicans, blind to anyone else. It’s actually sad how gridlocked you are. It’s not all your fault. If I watched the garbage you did, I might be as blind as you and others are too. Thank god I’m not.

You just refuse to see any wrongdoing from your party. It’s always Trump this, Trump that. Do a little research for me: look at some of these guys net worth now, factoring in their annual income.
You spew all the time about Trump and Republicans, blind to anyone else. It’s actually sad how gridlocked you are. It’s not all your fault. If I watched the garbage you did, I might be as blind as you and others are too. Thank god I’m not.
You could not be more incorrect. The reason Trump is the main topic is because of your refusal to take the rose colored glassesoff. And you are certainly blind, and as a result are with the people who pose a danger to our democracy.

Ughhhh how? You can prove Trump saying we should March and have a peaceful protest at the capital as intent to riot...lol
He’s been cleared of that. Truth is, in the establishments fear of Trump, they went for the second phony impeachment, with no facts. No luck again. Facts aren’t important to them either. They have the corrupt media to gaslight, and the sheep bite.

Look no further than this thread for confirmation.

Ughhhh how? You can prove Trump saying we should March and have a peaceful protest at the capital as intent to riot...lol
You know you heard the dog whistle.

Truth is, you're right. It can't be proven that he wanted people to storm the Capitol building. You can easily argue that he saw the writing on the wall and his rhetoric was a cause for the the anger to spiral out of control. But you can't convict someone based on what you think their words meant.

Reactions: IFaZe
Enjoying the back and forth. Illustrates the progression of American/Western society. From hate mail, to online troll to our backgrounds & photos upping game

They won. We argue race when 9 years ago the cry was Occupy Wallstreet

Regression I would say, each side retreats to its own echo chamber while insulting and discounting the opposing sides' sources. Between the rhetoric of the opposing parties, digital and print media, and big tech there can be only one opinion. If you don't share it then you will be vilified not debated. Division not unity, uniformity not consensus.

Reactions: Alaskan_Assassin_21
Regression I would say, each side retreats to its own echo chamber while insulting and discounting the opposing sides' sources. Between the rhetoric of the opposing parties, digital and print media, and big tech there can be only one opinion. If you don't share it then you will be vilified not debated. Division not unity, uniformity not consensus.
This could hold some weight if there wasn't one side so clearly in the wrong. The facts are that Trump and the GOP have committed impeachable and criminal offence after impeachable and criminal offence for four years.

Reactions: durhamgolfer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT