ADVERTISEMENT

The New Lounge

Have you had a face to face with any Qanon believers? When I was told that the majority of Hollywood are Satanic pedophiles is where I had to put my hand up and I ask them politely to stop. As I started to do the research myself I found it to be way more disturbing than what I ever thought it would be. These people are going down rabbit holes filled with blatant lies and distortions. The majority of them can be easily debunked with a few clicks. It's alarming stuff.

Yeah, when my barber started telling me that Tom Hanks drinks adrenochrome harvested from kidnapped children, I became slightly alarmed. I thought he was joking at first then he completely doubled down and started reciting the other Q garbage. It’s basically Nazi propaganda repackaged for a new generation, they just swapped out Jews for Hollywood elites and liberals.

Before anyone says it, no, I’m not saying all Trump supporters believe this stuff. FTR, Mike Pence has recently made efforts to distance himself from these believers. Trump not so much...

Okay, I read the article. And I just can't find anything he said to be anywhere near the level of a conspiracy theory. Reading it confirms that the headline is nothing but click bait and propaganda. Is it the woman being against mandated vaccines and him agreeing with her? People have been against mandatory vaccines long before Qanon. And the "theory" that only 6% of covid deaths were from covid alone is not a theory. It was released by the CDC that the vast majority of covid deaths involved two or more comorbidities. Now, there are people who take that out of context. Like people who have diabetes or COPD dying of covid. Those are two serious diseases, but manageable and with treatment people can live mostly full lives with them. So those deaths can absolutely be attributed to covid. So I get that.

But let's talk about how we hear about how countries like Germany and Spain have done so much better than us. They don't count covid deaths unless covid is the underlying cause of death. So are we going to continue to claim that they have done so much better than us knowing that they count deaths differently than we do?

Yeah, when my barber started telling me that Tom Hanks drinks adrenochrome harvested from kidnapped children, I became slightly alarmed. I thought he was joking at first then he completely doubled down and started reciting the other Q garbage. It’s basically Nazi propaganda repackaged for a new generation, they just swapped out Jews for Hollywood elites and liberals.

Before anyone says it, no, I’m not saying all Trump supporters believe this stuff. FTR, Mike Pence has recently made efforts to distance himself from these believers. Trump not so much...
Conservatives view the Russian collusion hoax and the liberals who fully bought into it, and some still believe it, as nuts. So, I guess we're all in the same boat?

As a conservative who's lost a best friend because of politics, let me provide some advice. Just because we support Trump doesn't mean we agree with everything he does. Doesn't mean we condone everything he does. We're not in a cult. We are racists. We're not ignorant. We just don't align with the Democratic party and their policies or don't like the direction they're going. There shouldn't be anything wrong with that.

But in my situation, my old best friend told me that if I would just educate myself on the issues or at least be willing to educate myself, we would be good. However, what he's implying is that I don't understand and if I would just read an article that he did or watch a video he did I would come to the same conclusions. Well, that about as conceited and ignorant as you can possibly be. Not everyone holds the same views. Not everyone values the same things in our political leaders. Those things shouldn't make anyone think differently of anyone because their views on political issues are different. Just because liberals hold different views than me doesn't mean I immediately think differently of them. Hell, my boss is one of the most liberal men I've ever known. But he is an excellent man, a great leader and a good friend. I don't think differently of him. He holds his views and I hold my own. Nothing wrong with that.

The main problem we have in society today is people are unwilling to allow others to have differing views. Liberals don't want to accept conservatives have different views. Why else do you see liberals actively trying to shut down speeches by conservatives? Bottom line, live and let live.

I've never tried to shut anyone down. But I've been screamed at, threatened with violence, had objects thrown at me, and harassed at my place of work for just expressing an opposing view of Trump. I once tried to diffuse a tense situation with a hug, only to be rebuked with violence by a family member. So yeah my experiences with Trump supporters hasn't been the best one. I've never had a problem in the past discussing any other conservative leader with the right-wing until Trump came along. Hell, I had great discussions about the McCain/Obama race. At first no one really said anything too awful about Obama. Once Trump came onto the scene then a lot of the same people I once thought were sane started behaving completely different. He pushed the birther conspiracy theory and it started like a wildfire. By the time he decided to run for office they were angrier, mean spirited towards certain groups, showed a lack of empathy for immigrants, and those who opposed their positions were met with snarled spittle filled responses. Living in my area has always presented problems with racism and homophobia. However, it wasn't as widespread in the modern day until recently. Why is that? My whole area is predominantly made up of people who support his lunacy and it's impossible to get through a day without hearing someone express their undying adoration for the man. So it's pretty difficult to have normal conversations about anything without it turning to something to do with Trump. I encountered my former boss yesterday who use to be a moderate republican. He ranted and raved about how this country is being lost to the "racist left", in his words, "only Trump can save it and us". Politely I excused myself and walked away.

Reactions: SNU0821
I've never tried to shut anyone down. But I've been screamed at, threatened with violence, had objects thrown at me, and harassed at my place of work for just expressing an opposing view of Trump. I once tried to diffuse a tense situation with a hug, only to be rebuked with violence by a family member. So yeah my experiences with Trump supporters hasn't been the best one. I've never had a problem in the past discussing any other conservative leader with the right-wing until Trump came along. Hell, I had great discussions about the McCain/Obama race. At first no one really said anything too awful about Obama. Once Trump came onto the scene then a lot of the same people I once thought were sane started behaving completely different. He pushed the birther conspiracy theory and it started like a wildfire. By the time he decided to run for office they were angrier, mean spirited towards certain groups, showed a lack of empathy for immigrants, and those who opposed their positions were met with snarled spittle filled responses. Living in my area has always presented problems with racism and homophobia. However, it wasn't as widespread in the modern day until recently. Why is that? My whole area is predominantly made up of people who support his lunacy and it's impossible to get through a day without hearing someone express their undying adoration for the man. So it's pretty difficult to have normal conversations about anything without it turning to something to do with Trump. I encountered my former boss yesterday who use to be a moderate republican. He ranted and raved about how this country is being lost to the "racist left", in his words, "only Trump can save it and us". Politely I excused myself and walked away.
BTW. Hilldogg started the birther stuff. Trump just took it to the next level. Personally, I find that politics do not get brought up in public spontaneously. There are people who fly Trump flags and yadadayada but people don't have to engage in them. If you are the one who brings up politics with strangers and they chastise you, they are jerks, but you put yourself in that situation. If they come up to you unsolicited and harass you for no reason, well, they're just jerks.

Reactions: SNU0821
BTW. Hilldogg started the birther stuff. Trump just took it to the next level. Personally, I find that politics do not get brought up in public spontaneously. There are people who fly Trump flags and yadadayada but people don't have to engage in them. If you are the one who brings up politics with strangers and they chastise you, they are jerks, but you put yourself in that situation. If they come up to you unsolicited and harass you for no reason, well, they're just jerks.

I literally try to change the conversation any time it is steered towards anything that could be remotely related to politics. Never had issues with this in the past. Now it's always political. Can't talk to Trump people about movies, shows, music, or books I love without them turning it into something related to Trump. So, I just walk away or end the conversation now. There's no point. I had a Raiders mask on the other day in public. Ran into someone I use to hang out with and he asked me where I got it, told him and then he started talking about Trump, veterans, and the flag. I tried to change the conversation back to the season this year only to see that immediately shot down. We use to play in fantasy leagues together, asked if he was involved in any of that this season which led to him talking about the protests. He just wanted to speak about his love of Trump/country and his absolute disdain for protesters, BLM, and the "crazy left". I just stood there for a few minutes in silence listening. So, then I tried to bring up college basketball, (he's a tarheel fan, ugh), only to see that turn into hating on Coach K for supporting BLM. I should've known better. This guy and I bonded years ago solely over sports. Once I saw that was no longer an option when it came to conversating I decided to leave the increasingly uncomfortable situation. So, I said it was great seeing him and continued on with my shopping. It seems that politics is always the topic of conversation anymore. I deal with this every single day at my job too. I have to end conversations with customers and fellow employees all the damn time because of it. I have a select few who I can discuss sports, films, TV, and other non-politically charged topics with, the rest try to bring it up every chance they get. Again, this is my personal experience. So, maybe I just have one of those faces?

I have to push back on that. The majority of Trunp supporters I encounter behave like cult members. The anger I see on display when most are presented with a critique of the orange one is disturbing to say the least. The unwillingness to budge even a smidgen with his behavior and lies is indicative of how people behave within a cult. I've sadly had way too many conversations with people who take his word as the truth and the only real truth.
How many Trump supporters are out rioting and burning buildings during the peaceful protests.I think that I am like many Trump supporters who think on a personal level he is a arrogant jerk but his policies have helped more people of all races than the liberal Democrats have in the last thirty years

I literally try to change the conversation any time it is steered towards anything that could be remotely related to politics. Never had issues with this in the past. Now it's always political. Can't talk to Trump people about movies, shows, music, or books I love without them turning it into something related to Trump. So, I just walk away or end the conversation now. There's no point. I had a Raiders mask on the other day in public. Ran into someone I use to hang out with and he asked me where I got it, told him and then he started talking about Trump, veterans, and the flag. I tried to change the conversation back to the season this year only to see that immediately shot down. We use to play in fantasy leagues together, asked if he was involved in any of that this season which led to him talking about the protests. He just wanted to speak about his love of Trump/country and his absolute disdain for protesters, BLM, and the "crazy left". I just stood there for a few minutes in silence listening. So, then I tried to bring up college basketball, (he's a tarheel fan, ugh), only to see that turn into hating on Coach K for supporting BLM. I should've known better. This guy and I bonded years ago solely over sports. Once I saw that was no longer an option when it came to conversating I decided to leave the increasingly uncomfortable situation. So, I said it was great seeing him and continued on with my shopping. It seems that politics is always the topic of conversation anymore. I deal with this every single day at my job too. I have to end conversations with customers and fellow employees all the damn time because of it. I have a select few who I can discuss sports, films, TV, and other non-politically charged topics with, the rest try to bring it up every chance they get. Again, this is my personal experience. So, maybe I just have one of those faces?
Yeah, we definitely have different experiences. Politics very rarely play a role in the gatherings I take part in. I work around a really diverse crowd and politics are almost never discussed. We'll talk about events and that will sometimes flirt with politics, but everyone pretty much respects differences except for a select few.

People who can't discuss sports without diving into politics are probably miserable people.

How many Trump supporters are out rioting and burning buildings during the peaceful protests.I think that I am like many Trump supporters who think on a personal level he is a arrogant jerk but his policies have helped more people of all races than the liberal Democrats have in the last thirty years

This is a link from a website that will be scoffed at. Doesn't make it any less true:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/12/2/20970521/trump-administration-achievements

People who can't discuss sports without diving into politics are probably miserable people.

You just described the majority of the people I encountered on a daily basis, haha My immediate supervisor finds a way to bring politics into EVERYTHING.

This is a link from a website that will be scoffed at. Doesn't make it any less true:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/12/2/20970521/trump-administration-achievements
The link should get scoffed at, it's Vox. Do you think they would actually put a piece out that is objective and not a complete trash article on what has happened over the last four years? Give me a break. Would you honestly read a fluff piece I can link from Breitbart on Trumps accomplishments over the last four years? Would you read it as objectively as you read this one?

And I really miss reasonable conversations about politics. The one I miss the most is my father in law. Die hard conservative... veteran, cop, Fox News watcher. But we used to have reasonable conversations all the time... I remember the two of us taking a drive up to Fort Ticonderoga together for a day, and we talked politics nearly the whole way. He didn't like Obama, but he could discuss him and his policies.

Now? Ugh. Now he firmly believes that Obama was LITERALLY... not figuratively, but literally... the worst President in history, something that not ONE SANE PERSON could possibly believe... it just sucks.

Every time Trump says, "wrong", "great", or "terrific" you take a drink. Every time Biden says "uh" or says "come on man" you take a drink. Ten minutes in....death from alcohol poisoning..

What, the debates? No thank you... I used to never miss a debate. Now... no way. No interest.

Biden, come on man. Gulp of beer.

Trump sniffles in between sentences. Gulp of beer.

Biden, just look at my record. Shot

Trump, record unemployment for Africa Americans. Shot

Biden skips words in his sentences. Chug a whole beer.

Trump complains about Chris Wallace not being fair. Chug a whole beer.

Feel free to add.

Reactions: topps coach
The link should get scoffed at, it's Vox. Do you think they would actually put a piece out that is objective and not a complete trash article on what has happened over the last four years? Give me a break. Would you honestly read a fluff piece I can link from Breitbart on Trumps accomplishments over the last four years? Would you read it as objectively as you read this one?
Uh... the only people who think that are Trump supporters.
lets see.Under Trumps Blacks and Hispanics had the highest unemployment rates prepandemic.The average family had a 4400.00 per year increase in income highest in thirty plus years.Average 401k had astronomic growth.No new wars.Prison reform which is freeing hundreds of minorities from prison are just some of his accomplishments.Think that this covers most of the people in this country.Imo most people like me think that he is an arrogant jerk but I am not voting for his personality but his results..Don’t come to about his character as opposed to Biden.Biden had to drop out of one Presidential race due to be caught in numerous lies and he is on tape saying many Racist things

Last edited:
Biden, come on man. Gulp of beer.

Trump sniffles in between sentences. Gulp of beer.

Biden, just look at my record. Shot

Trump, record unemployment for Africa Americans. Shot

Biden skips words in his sentences. Chug a whole beer.

Trump complains about Chris Wallace not being fair. Chug a whole beer.

Feel free to add.
Am light weight would be done after number four

Lord they were harassing you for wearing that sorry Raiders jersey.Be happy to send you some great looking Giants gear lol

The Giants get the Niners minus-

Gorapollo
Kittle
Mostert
Coleman
Samuel
Bosa
Thomas
Ford
Sherman
Blair III

Damned near half the starters. But not having Barkley is a shot for the Giants. Let's see what happens.

Anybody interested in NFL discussions, I start this thread every year on the national board. It's pretty slow this year. Would be cool to get some traffic there. No politics, never derailed.

Reactions: Crest is Garbage
The Giants get the Niners minus-

Gorapollo
Kittle
Mostert
Coleman
Samuel
Bosa
Thomas
Ford
Sherman
Blair III

Damned near half the starters. But not having Barkley is a shot for the Giants. Let's see what happens.
And I am still not confident about winning until Daniel Jones gets over his weight problem.He gains 600 lbs every time he drops back to pass

Last edited:
Reactions: GhostOf301
Anybody interested in NFL discussions, I start this thread every year on the national board. It's pretty slow this year. Would be cool to get some traffic there. No politics, never derailed.

I love to talk NFL, unfortunately I am a Panthers fan and I fear we may be in the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes. We’ll see how it goes. Haha

I love to talk NFL, unfortunately I am a Panthers fan and I fear we may be in the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes. We’ll see how it goes. Haha
In that thread, there are more Panthers fans than fans of any other team. I am a Panthers fan unless they play the 49ers. The Niners were my childhood team well before the Panthers were around. I am too stubborn to change teams once I have picked them. They are a wildcard for me though. Duke, Hornets, Orioles and Niners. However, I only still keep up with Duke and the 49ers.

In that thread, there are more Panthers fans than fans of any other team. I am a Panthers fan unless they play the 49ers. The Niners were my childhood team well before the Panthers were around. I am too stubborn to change teams once I have picked them. They are a wildcard for me though. Duke, Hornets, Orioles and Niners. However, I only still keep up with Duke and the 49ers.
I can definitely understand that. I was born in 1986 so the Panthers were coming to town at precisely the perfect time for me. I saw my first game live in 1995. I also root for the Hornets (although it can be hard sometimes). However, I am hopeful for the future. I’m also a diehard Red Sox fan. I got to go to Fenway last year for the first time and it was amazing. A great place to watch a ball game for anyone who is interested. I’ve also been to Cameron Indoor 3 times now. Nothing compares IMO.

Last edited:
Raiders, Duke, Braves, Spurs, Canes, and I love boxing. Though these last few years I have lost interest in boxing. I was always a huge Mike Tyson guy. I am freaking stoked for Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr.

Raiders, Duke, Braves, Spurs, Canes, and I love boxing. Though these last few years I have lost interest in boxing. I was always a huge Mike Tyson guy. I am freaking stoked for Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr.
Tyson imo will kick his butt. Iquit buying Tyson pay per views when he knocked Spinks in about a minute lol

Last edited:
Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Tyson imo will kick his butt. Iquit buying Tyson pay per views when he knocked Spinks in about a minute lol
He was something to see back in his day. I feel like this match-up is just like Hollywood today. Washed up and out of ideas so they just remake movies from back when movies were good. Hopefully neither of them have a heart attack or a brain aneurysm.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT