ADVERTISEMENT

The Kennedy Assassination

I thought Kennedy had added 6 inches of explosive lift, due to his off season workout program???

His missed dunk served as a quick reminder of my knucklehead friends and I in the seventh grade, launching off a milk crate trying to dunk on an 8ft goal.... getting hung up and breaking our asses time after time!

13363_20170210t033958z_150527178_nocid_rtrmadp_3_ncaabasketballnorthcarolinaatdukef.jpg

Kennedy Eats is one of my favorite all time Tar Heels. Has anyone at Carolina ever been so capable of never improving??

Maybe if Meeks wouldn't have had that 3rd helping of nanner puddin he would have both blocked that dunk and finished the one dunk himself

I think you nailed it. Heard Roy say I took em all over "ta der house fer some of Wander's pregame cookin bout 3:00 yestirdy." "Kennerrdy really got into the puddin along with Bradley and Maye, and thar timin was off."

OFC

Last edited:
Lol... I remember when Meeks signed and all the Hole fans were fingering each other in the ass saying he was going to be all world, because he had the best over head outlet pass they had ever seen!

He definitely needed to look over head with Tatum coming!!

Reactions: hart2chesson
I love this thread.... and it is well deserved. I will say tho, I rewatched the Game today, and the very next dead ball following this posterization Meeks gave Jay a "that'a boy" (patted his head) I thought that showed some respect, and that made me feel a bit better about Kennedy!! No No I'm not going soft, but I do respect a high level, clean game like last night. That was fun!!

I love this thread.... and it is well deserved. I will say tho, I rewatched the Game today, and the very next dead ball following this posterization Meeks gave Jay a "that'a boy" (patted his head) I thought that showed some respect, and that made me feel a bit better about Kennedy!! No No I'm not going soft, but I do respect a high level, clean game like last night. That was fun!!
I have always had much respect for Meeks. He is a nice guy but maybe too nice to be ultra competitive.

For years we've been hearing about the dunk on Paulus by some UNC guy. How is this one any different?

The difference to me is that Danny Green is 6'6" and athletic. Greg Paulus is 6'1" and , while not a complete stiff ( 2-sport athlete ) , he is/was nowhere near the athlete Green was. Despite that , unx fans act as if that dunk was the "end all/be all" of slams. Isn't a guy of Green's physical attributes SUPPOSED to be able to dunk over a much shorter/smaller/less athletic opponent? Tatum/Meeks is much more evenly matched. Sure , Jason's the better player/athlete but Meeks has size AND he's an upper-classman. He's in much better physical shape than he was when he arrived at unx too. It's not like he's Geoff Crompton or Warren Martin or something either. He CAN play. He's not some oaf Roy sticks out there in garbage time. To me , that's what makes Tatum's dunk more memorable than Green's. That said , given the fact that both occurred in regular season games with "bragging rights" being as big a factor as anything , ultimately I don't attach much to either. Gonna enjoy it for awhile though. lol

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT