ADVERTISEMENT

Tennis

IPSYCHOSIS

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Dec 22, 2016
anybody else watching this Anderson Federer match! Its Great!

Lol, tennis is more boring than baseball...and that's saying something.

Lol, tennis is more boring than baseball...and that's saying something.
Hahaha come on man I felt the same way before seeing the good matches ...Baseball is the hardest to watch for me...MLB

Hahaha come on man I felt the same way before seeing the good matches ...Baseball is the hardest to watch for me...MLB
Yeah valid point. Tennis is probably a better/more fun watch than MLB...at least you get action.

Reactions: IPSYCHOSIS
You baseball haters are un-American and should be separated from your families.
OFC
Haha I like to play it! Played it throughout my life...just hard to watch. They need to move the mound back a foot or something . I don’t know what they need to do. It’s to long and slow or something .theres no John Rockers anymore! Either!! It’s kinda like golf, but golf is much better to watch for me anyway. Baseball needs more charging the mound type stuff for me lmao. Crazy John Rocker types. Golf would be really good with some Happy Gilmore’s too.

Last edited:
You got to admire the ball guys and helpers ! Hahahah their movements and everything they do is funny as hell! Even after the match is over they run and hand something, then run back to stand in their little spot inching left and right to stand in the exact perfect spot lmao .Just pay attention to them hard and you’ll laugh your tail off.Especially the ball givers hahaha or am I just a kid???....:)

Last edited:
Federer choked. Im inconsolable right now. I have nothing else to say.

Interesting or not but tennis ball helpers make only 7 dollars an hour, and nothin for this tournament. They have to go through a training program as well just to volunteer. Online and physical lol. They must love Tennis !! This information may be outdated as well.

Suspended the match??? Gezzz all these years and they cant orchestrate it better then that?! Stupid

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolfman2610
26-24 fifth set in the first semi killed them time wise.

You really can never predict something like that.

You want the two games to be in prime time, which means you don't leave yourself a whole lot of room for errors/unexpected happenings.

I am from the old school sports nut mentality where I say "play on"....But then again, I am not the one in the crowd who would be stuck there until 1 in the morning and I am not the players who probably would rather not be playing past midnight.

26-24 fifth set in the first semi killed them time wise.

You really can never predict something like that.

You want the two games to be in prime time, which means you don't leave yourself a whole lot of room for errors/unexpected happenings.

I am from the old school sports nut mentality where I say "play on"....But then again, I am not the one in the crowd who would be stuck there until 1 in the morning and I am not the players who probably would rather not be playing past midnight.
Fair, but you have 2 matches today, and you can’t get them both in before 11pm? Lol If it’s about prime time then play on Saturday to begin with! You’re doing it tomorrow anyeay! Day off Friday. Play both the semis on a Saturday. Something! There should be a 0% chance of having to suspend a game baring weather imo. (0 with a roof) lol It just ruins it. Now I bet they’ll change rules and piss me off more.

Now Anderson gets a day to rest and they don’t ..... not fair and poorly planned IMO...you can’t predict it, but you can expect it and plan accordingly to be safe. it happens to much to be surprised.

Last edited:
I wonder how that actually works for the crowd having to come back and watch a match they already paid to watch. Pay again? Or are the tickets paid for the weekend? Lol if you lost your stubs what happens?

I love Tennis! Did you watch both semifinals in Wimbledon. I didn’t get to watch the marathon one between Anderson and Isner, but I was able to catch Djokovic and Nadal. Sucks they put the curfew into effect and they couldn’t finish that match:(

Even though it was a creation of their own doing, I am sure Wimbledon is not any happier about it than we are.

With the men's semis having to be resumed on Saturday, they are, to a certain extent, overshadowing the women's finals which are being played in the afternoon.

Reactions: IPSYCHOSIS
Even though it was a creation of their own doing, I am sure Wimbledon is not any happier about it than we are.

With the men's semis having to be resumed on Saturday, they are, to a certain extent, overshadowing the women's finals which are being played in the afternoon.
Because of the silly curfew rule, Djokovic or Nadal won’t get must rest for the finals Sunday. Wimbledon needs to look into changing the curfew and tiebreaker rule. It’s really silly.

I love Tennis! Did you watch both semifinals in Wimbledon. I didn’t get to watch the marathon one between Anderson and Isner, but I was able to catch Djokovic and Nadal. Sucks they put the curfew into effect and they couldn’t finish that match:(
No I missed the first one too. Did you have to look up how to spell Djokovic? Lol I would have.

It just looks that Nadal is a shade better, and playing better then D. Obviously he won the first set but he just looks better then D. Basically so far he should win! Lol D may have a slightly better serve but when it gets going Nadal is better.

Last edited:
Seems like what gets Nadal in trouble is changing distances on the returns . Kinda Jaming him.....I’m very new to Tennis lol

D fought for it harder....

There were several times during the fifth set that he was in a deep hole and in danger of being broken....He bent, but never broke, always finding a way to win the game.

As I said yesterday, unless the women's final (not watching) ends up being epic, Wimbledon just succeeded in overshadowing it by playing a war of legends immediately in front of it.

Tennis players have to be in the greatest shape of all athletes. Yesterday Isner and Anderson went over 6 hours with little breaks. They are moving back and forth all the time. Twisting their bodies, backing up, running forward,stopping on a dime, moving quickly from side to side and have many swings of the racket. Respect to tennis players. OFC

Only sport I don’t watch is hockey. I have heard actually going to a hockey game is great! Never been though.

ADVERTISEMENT