ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee just landed Josiah James

I understand losing a recruit to Nova or a blue-blood, but Tennessee?? Something isn’t right, consider me worried.

Reactions: Quavarius
Stop the press!!!! We suddenly don't look as cool as we are used to. I mean we've only lost 17 games the last 2 seasons. But hey, we've had a lot of top 10 picks!

It's not so funny now to some of you that we have lost out to some other schools is it? Maybe K has a plan.
Some of you need to remember what comes around, goes around.

The effects of losing Capel were going to be felt heaviest in this class. He left in the spring and was the one that kept the recruiting relationships the strongest with the kids in 2019. If we still have problems with the 2020 class then I’ll be more concerned than i am right now, but this was for most, somewhat reluctantly not surprising. If we were going to have issues it was going to be with this group. If Tre comes back next year that is a huge momentum saver.

Duke's long-term strategy (post K and post 1 and done) needs to include leveraging our great academics and clean brand. We need to be the destination for every single non-NBA-ready recruit that is elite in the classroom. That recruiting strategy will require a relatable coach who can really draw up plays and schemes (Brad Stevens mold, but someone less famous).

This is our path forward. Let's not become Stanford basketball.

I mean, who needs OAD’s and 5 Stars. Gladly giving Kentucky, Kansas, UNC and Villanova all of the talent sounds like a winning formula.
Who said we don't need, or want, 5 stars and one and done's Q? Who? Your posts have been a little on the extreme side. Some Duke fans, and I'm one of them, don't like starting over like we are now doing for the 2nd straight season.
The unknown capability of our "bench" is more of a concern than feeling let down just because we don't land possibly 3-4 one and done's.
As I said before, there's still plenty of good players for K to choose from, and maybe we should see how this season plays out first.

You will see a lot more of top talent going elsewhere especially when they can be given input from agents.

Duke will get recruits so I’m not worried just focused on this upcoming season

I believe over the next couple of years we are gonna found out about loyal Duke fans and who they are. It's gonna be interesting so I'm challenging every single one of you if tough times come will you guys be in that fox hole with me? OFC

Why is everyone worried? Vrankovic is our only senior.

Bc Duke is losing a lot more than Vrank next season....and if Tre leaves and Duke whiffs on Anthony Goldwire might be looking at 30 minutes a night possibly next season.

We should have a nice core next year with at least Goldy/AOC/Jack/Baker/Jav/Robo-maybe Bolden. But Duke still needs to do some work on this years class, still a long way to go though.

I thought clempson only had football fans? At least that’s the only time I see them where I live.

I am from there. I've been gone about 35 years.....but I didn't know a single basketball fan when I was there......but we love some Clemson football!!!

Good pick up for UT glad to see him go there if it wasn’t us. I really ain’t worried about next year we’ll have a real nice group of upperclassmen and if tre stays we’ll be a serious championship contender and I would like our odds a lot

Reactions: vols3002
I believe over the next couple of years we are gonna found out about loyal Duke fans and who they are. It's gonna be interesting so I'm challenging every single one of you if tough times come will you guys be in that fox hole with me? OFC
I’ve been through the good and bad times. I’m not going anywhere. Even if we have one of those Doherty seasons.........

Reactions: skysdad
Good pick up for UT glad to see him go there if it wasn’t us. I really ain’t worried about next year we’ll have a real nice group of upperclassmen and if tre stays we’ll be a serious championship contender and I would like our odds a lot

Tre, AOC, Wendell Moore, Baker/White, Jav/Bolden is a nice starting 5. Not top 10-15, but top 25.
Tre is the key.

Who said we don't need, or want, 5 stars and one and done's Q? Who? Your posts have been a little on the extreme side. Some Duke fans, and I'm one of them, don't like starting over like we are now doing for the 2nd straight season.
The unknown capability of our "bench" is more of a concern than feeling let down just because we don't land possibly 3-4 one and done's.
As I said before, there's still plenty of good players for K to choose from, and maybe we should see how this season plays out first.

Extreme side? Duke “fans” have been bitching and complaining about OADs for the last 3 years. Were they extreme? The ones who hated Capel and didn’t want him to be our coach? Were they extreme? It seems like they are getting exactly what they wanted....no Capel and missing out on recruits we were landing on the regular. No need to call the fire department...the fire will put it self out.

I think the last three years have shown who’s loyal and who’s not.

Reactions: skysdad
Bc Duke is losing a lot more than Vrank next season....and if Tre leaves and Duke whiffs on Anthony Goldwire might be looking at 30 minutes a night possibly next season.

We should have a nice core next year with at least Goldy/AOC/Jack/Baker/Jav/Robo-maybe Bolden. But Duke still needs to do some work on this years class, still a long way to go though.
k had more talent his first year at Duke that the group mentioned above.

Reactions: Quavarius
The other piece about missing out on targets in the early signing period is our staff will be recruiting more during the season trying to lock up the 2019 class while other coaches will have moved on to 2020 and 2021 and can devote more time to their current season. K isn’t getting any younger and the less he has to do, the more he can concentrate on the season. Luckily, he’s finished with Team USA obligations.

Hopefully, that wasn’t too extreme. :D

tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT