ADVERTISEMENT

Sweet 16

Tre will have his hands full with Robinson but Zion and Javin can neutralize Blackshear. They have shooters so Cam staying out of foul trouble will be key.

Still not so sure Liberty doesn’t come back though to beat them.

I don’t know. We shoulda pounded in the paint the last few games but then again we still love the 3. We have to play better D and use Zion more inside. Cam has got to find his range. The bench needs to be utilized more.

Not much difference distance wise. This team survived a real scare and will be ready. Plus Tech’s players will look small

Tre has to stop shooting 3s. They are turnovers. K needs to start doing some coaching. Pound the damn ball and attack.

I know it sounds blasphemous, but I had Duke losing to Tech next weekend in one of my two brackets. I think their guard play will be too much for Duke. If Duke wins, I think they’ll win in the E8 and have a war in the FF against Zags or FSU.

VT cant shake Liberty even when they scored 1 bucket in 10 mins. VT does not look like they can score big and on a neutral floor i like our chances. Plus we know what they do etc....no unknowns like a 7'6" center

Reactions: dukesince91
Ok but if Taco comes up then that leaves the back end open for the lob to Zion.
Still has to get it over Taco, dudes 7"6'. They had size besides him as well. They are literally the only team who can run that exaggerated type of sagging defense because of Taco.

We gotta make these 3s or rely on our defense and hope for the best lol. The way K sees it as well. Tired of this we need to attack the paint bolonga. I’m sure if it were that easy the GOAT would have cemented that into these guys heads by now :)

Reactions: Hurley22
I just hope K leaves a big with Zion so he’s not stuck alone in the paint. If that happens he should be able to abuse VT. Question is whether we can slow the VT guards.

Last edited:

How?! Do you not watch the game ? Lack of Barrett and Zion in crunch time, cam actually hit and gets 0 shots, no bench usage at all when they were sagging off every shooter and we have killers on the bench. Falling into play their slow down game when we could have run the brakes off of them

How?! Do you not watch the game ? Lack of Barrett and Zion in crunch time, cam actually hit and gets 0 shots, no bench usage at all when they were sagging off every shooter and we have killers on the bench. Falling into play their slow down game when we could have run the brakes off of them
Hahaha do you watch the game? Or not understand it? Or both.

VT cant shake Liberty even when they scored 1 bucket in 10 mins. VT does not look like they can score big and on a neutral floor i like our chances. Plus we know what they do etc....no unknowns like a 7'6" center
Now you know how this goes. VT will become the Golden State Warriors when they play us. Lol

Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
The only thing I critic K about right now is if we’re playing Goldwire this much this late in the year he should have been getting more minutes earlier in the year. But ( I ) say that now knowing who this team is when K or anybody didn’t earlier in the year...

Last edited:
VT in DC - that place will be a road environment for Duke. Now that Robinson is healthy, Duke will have their hands full.

What do y’all think?
I think we're a bad matchup for them, they don't have a ton of size and a really short bench. I know we looked bad today but, we won't have to deal with near absurd size that UCF was able to throw at us so, I expect us to get to slaughtering teams in the paint like we have all year.

I think Tre Jones need to stop shooting threes. He shot it 8 times today, and made 1.
I disagree. I know he missed shots but he was open and he has to take those. I promise you K is telling them to keep shooting and that is why all these kids love playing for him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT