ADVERTISEMENT

Stones, Part II?

TheDude1

Cameron Crazy
Apr 15, 2010
Sooo... we haven't had a close game yet that we need Tre to hit a big one... but he did have that three at the buzzer last night in the first, and then also that three in the first minute of the second half to sort of squash that immediate Auburn run...

So will we see Stones, Part II?

I'll be curious to see if that "clutch" gene is, indeed, genetic. So far there have been very limited signs, but the limited signs there have been seem to indicate yes, it is.

He's the real deal. No matter what anyone says, I'm prepared for only one season out of him.
I just wish the Jones family had another son.

Tell me about it, Mac! Are mom and pop still young enough to produce another one!:)
Tre is the straw that stirs the drink. And yeah, I'm afraid he'll be gone after one season also, but if it ends like his brother's...well, how sweet would that be?

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
If Perky Plumlee could somehow fall in love with Debbie Jones, they might create the ultimate Duke player!

I like this, but we could use another Plumlee and another Jones. I would sign up for that.

Just think if this team wins the National Championship. Duke wil have had three sets of brothers and two sets of brothers with National Championship rings. I’m pretty sure that’s never happened.

Reactions: Skeelow22
We will see in a few hours a matchup featuring the two best game managers in college. Best of luck to Tre in this one.

Just think if this team wins the National Championship. Duke wil have had three sets of brothers and two sets of brothers with National Championship rings. I’m pretty sure that’s never happened.
So five sets of brothers? o_O

Ryan and Sean Kelly both have rings, too.

Reactions: TheDude1
If Tre doesn't blow that dunk, game goes into OT.

But yeah Jones was the best player for Duke the last 2 games. He is so calm out there and never seems rushed. His floater seems to already be improved. Now he just needs to work on that jump shot.

He has actually been better than advertised in terms of overall package. His defense and A/T ratio is pretty amazing. Huge difference compared to the train wreck that was Duval last year.

Anyone else think Tre should have taken the last shot of the game...? I mean, I know RJ, but...

I thought so Dude. Tre was one of the main reasons our guys got back into the game with his defense and shot making. He was finding the gaps in the zone. Tre had a great tournament.

Jesus, I love Tre Jones.

And there is something about having Tyus here before that almost makes it feel like Tre has been here longer. I love Duke families.

Yes, I had a brain fart and forgot the Kelly’s. Apologies! I don’t think it’s ever happened at one school where this thing has happened
No worries. Sean was a walk-on, so we didn't see much of him. Did he play against MSU in the semi? I want to say it was such a big margin of victory he got in, but maybe I'm thinking of Ryan vs WVU in '10.

No, I was actually making a snarky grammar joke, though. We have a set of 3 bros, not "3 sets of bros," and may add a set of 2 bros, not "2 sets of bros." Again, just playing the dorky grammar cop, though.

No worries. Sean was a walk-on, so we didn't see much of him. Did he play against MSU in the semi? I want to say it was such a big margin of victory he got in, but maybe I'm thinking of Ryan vs WVU in '10.

No, I was actually making a snarky grammar joke, though. We have a set of 3 bros, not "3 sets of bros," and may add a set of 2 bros, not "2 sets of bros." Again, just playing the dorky grammar cop, though.
Yea I think that’s why I probably forgot about Sean. Saw him on occasions, but still not very often.

Reactions: Dattier
Love Tre’s on ball defense. Reminds me of Duke point guards past.

Remember the time before Duke played Kentucky this season when all of the morons on Rupp Rafters were calling Tre Overrated and those fans were saying, “our guards are going to wear down Jones” lol. I shouldn’t be surprised by their dumb takes. They also said Tyler Ulis was better than Tyus Jones haha. Stick to your day jobs pussy cat fans.

Love Tre’s on ball defense. Reminds me of Duke point guards past.

His lateral quickness, combined with his awareness of his hands, is REALLY phenomenal. He is on the opposing PG like an octopus all 94 feet.

Remember the time before Duke played Kentucky this season when all of the morons on Rupp Rafters were calling Tre Overrated and those fans were saying, “our guards are going to wear down Jones” lol. I shouldn’t be surprised by their dumb takes. They also said Tyler Ulis was better than Tyus Jones haha. Stick to your day jobs pussy cat fans.

Same people that were calling Zion fat?

And the ones now saying they didn't want Carey because he's overrated??

If they made wine with all the sour grapes they are hoarding, they would have enough to get this entire board drunk....even if @DukeDenver is there!!

Reactions: bullcity gamer

We almost had 5 sets had Patrick Davidson and Joe Pagliuca’s 2003-2004 team beaten UConn and moved on to Georgia Tech. Nick’s team held up their end in 2014-2015 and Jordan in 2010.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT